PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else remember when the Assassin's Creed community used to be like this?

obliviondoll
03-03-2012, 11:19 PM
http://syndicateforum.com/showthread.php?t=104

Because I do.

Anyone know when Ubisoft intend to go back to the roots of their multiplayer experience, and bring back the friendship and fun?

I'm hoping they do. I'm not expecting it. I'm skeptical about these "weekly updates" that seem to contain almost as much discouraging news as hope. But there IS still hope. Please, Ubisoft. Please keep our hope alive. And please actually LIVE UP TO IT this time. Unlike the failure that was the ACB lag patch.

n00bfi_97
03-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I am relatively new here, but i'm sad to say that ACR has indeed killed this community.

Limed_-
03-04-2012, 02:46 AM
I am relatively new here, but i'm sad to say that ACR has indeed killed this community.

Was fun playing Brotherhood with you a couple of days ago!

And yes, the community is messed up as we all know.

AwkwardlyBruta
03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Isn't syndicate a co-op only game?
If so that's why, I play Iron brigade alot and everyone who plays it is really nice, but it's co-op only, and that's probably why, competition isn't always good for a community, but challenge is.

thergbcolor
03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
It's funny to think that it's been a year since they trashed AC:B MP. If you ask me, that was the beginning of the end for the forum as we knew it and the game as we knew it. Doesn't feel the same anymore. And I doubt there's anything Ubi can (or WILL) do to change it.

Emvidasch
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I've only come here when Revelations was released. Brotherhood was a game only suited for those who saw it as a one of a kind game, and play it like it is. These forums these days only show the bad side of the community. Complaints about everything, roofers, smoke bombs, lag, things not working, etc. I thought these forums were meant to be used to organize events and have a friendly chat, but it's a complaints bureau. And I was a part of it. No more... I wish it went back to the old days. But, gone's gone. I'm sticking to Brotherhood, even with all the noobs there, at least they don't complain about every aspect. Obliviondoll, respect bro...

Assasination-G
03-04-2012, 01:29 PM
What has happened to us :(

I hope everything will be like it used to be, altough the setting of AC3 makes me scared.

Just Krispy
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I played a little Brotherhood last night and wow I had forgotten some of the things I liked about it....I liked the louder sound effect when you aquire a new pursuer. Also of course the ;music and SFX are quieter, more in the backround. Which makes sense..its a computer simulation of memories so its not going to be realistic. I love how the smoke sound comes at the same time as the smoke drops....and the sound is so much less annoying...

CrazyShrapnel
03-04-2012, 03:26 PM
It's funny to think that it's been a year since they trashed AC:B MP. If you ask me, that was the beginning of the end for the forum as we knew it and the game as we knew it. Doesn't feel the same anymore. And I doubt there's anything Ubi can (or WILL) do to change it.

I miss those days. Dino walking hand in hand, quickscoping friend's poisons for trollish lols. Didn't matter if things lagged like hell, there was still some way to have fun. But it kept getting worse.

It was the first AC MP so it was never going to have a huge playerbase (It'll never rival the FPSes because it's just different) but it was a shame how they managed to cut it's lifespan down so much. DLC splitting, seemingly no maintenance, numerous (and creative) glitches, etc.

Venge1975
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I've only come here when Revelations was released. Brotherhood was a game only suited for those who saw it as a one of a kind game, and play it like it is. These forums these days only show the bad side of the community. Complaints about everything, roofers, smoke bombs, lag, things not working, etc. I thought these forums were meant to be used to organize events and have a friendly chat, but it's a complaints bureau. And I was a part of it. No more... I wish it went back to the old days. But, gone's gone. I'm sticking to Brotherhood, even with all the noobs there, at least they don't complain about every aspect. Obliviondoll, respect bro...

Dude, you jump on ACB and don't even let a Homie know...shameful.. LoL.

@Everyone I first joined this forum to search for new friends..it led me into Happy Turrets. Sweet beans there. As for all the MPs from AC. Sadly it is up to us as well to bring back the fun.. besides UBI. You want the fun to come back stop wishing for it and aim to bring it forth yourself. Cut the Bullcrap of whining about all the stuff you dislike about the game and try to enjoy what you loved about it. Instead of doing this " FU UBI I HATE YOU." Give me a **** break.. I know it can be annoying but I still enjoy ACB and try to have fun on ACR..I know many of you came here as I did to find some cool *** friends to play these games with. Yes.. ACR is rather raging but most will still play it. The best Idea we can all do is aim to bring back the fun times of playing these games with the friends you have and meet. Trust me if most here is about having fun and leave the BS behind you I am sure the fun can spark back in both games. Peace Out.

n00bfi_97
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Was fun playing Brotherhood with you a couple of days ago!

And yes, the community is messed up as we all know.

Ah, so that was you lol! I mean, I did you're "Limed" but that PSN was "x-_-Limed-_-x" so I wasn't sure xD. I must've been pretty annoying to play with; I'm known in my clan for running around like a headless chicken lol.

Limed_-
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Ah, so that was you lol! I mean, I did you're "Limed" but that PSN was "x-_-Limed-_-x" so I wasn't sure xD. I must've been pretty annoying to play with; I'm known in my clan for running around like a headless chicken lol.

Oh yeah, I kept getting you as a contract. I just wanted to disguise poison you lol!

Emvidasch
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Sorry!:rolleyes: I thought everyone was constantly playing ACR. I'll let you know next time, deal?

Like I said in another thread (or was it a youtube video?), almost everyone complains ACR is worse than ACB but they refuse to go back to ACB because it isn't the latest game. Too bad because I luv "educating" the noobs there now. Also why I don't like ACR, now that I'm rolling with dem Turrets, the game (ACR, you lost) won't allow me to play with them! ACB does, hence I return.

I just keep watching old ACB clips and noticed how much I've missed during the time I didn't play. I want to have those SuperPRO matches, dinowalking, wallhumping etc. shenanigans again. But ACR kinda said: "no, tryhards rule this game! Leaderboards are everything! The only part of your friends that matter is beating their score so you can brag about it"

I'm scared for AC III as well, but on the other hand, if the MP is another "tryhard festival" I simply finish the single player and leave the MP for what it is. Whether the MP is included or not, they'll charge you the 65 anyway. Don't like it, don't play it!

MrKnox122
03-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I agreed

Crumplecorn
03-04-2012, 08:18 PM
It's funny to think that it's been a year since they trashed AC:B MP. If you ask me, that was the beginning of the end for the forum as we knew it and the game as we knew it. Doesn't feel the same anymore. And I doubt there's anything Ubi can (or WILL) do to change it.This.

thergbcolor
03-04-2012, 09:26 PM
I miss those days. Dino walking hand in hand, quickscoping friend's poisons for trollish lols. Didn't matter if things lagged like hell, there was still some way to have fun. But it kept getting worse.

It was the first AC MP so it was never going to have a huge playerbase (It'll never rival the FPSes because it's just different) but it was a shame how they managed to cut it's lifespan down so much. DLC splitting, seemingly no maintenance, numerous (and creative) glitches, etc.

I remember winding up here because of the PSN outage and being welcomed by a lot of people. Now when I come here and read, it's just a lot of rage at all of the mistakes that Ubisoft has made. Eventually, a lot of the old-timers will go away, and they'll be replaced by newer people who'll probably bring the fun back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc

FilipinoNinja67
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Im still like this, unless of course you OSB me in deathmatch then walk away like you didnt poison me and you still loose after doing that 5 times with score x2 then yes, you will receive a strongly worded message explaining to you how terrible you are at the game.

n00bfi_97
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
LoL xxxD

But there's a clear difference between the cycle of life and a community dying because of a crappy game and little effort on the community's part.

Laugh7
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I still only play Brotherhood multiplayer. It is the best.

HeJurm
03-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Now that the crash when trying to use voice chat on PC ACR is fixed I will be having a lot more fun playing with my frineds and connecting with the people I play. :)

Dave0718
03-05-2012, 12:44 AM
My friends & I still play ACB the majority of the time. Really our clan plays ACB more than ACR. I still enjoy this community but its getting harder with the influx of new people who don't even know what ACB MP was all about.

Daidarapochi
03-05-2012, 04:25 AM
I miss playing with friends, and the colorful cast of characters. It just made the experience so much better to have a character you truly loved and one you truly hated. Now it's more like "Meh, I guess I'll be the Bombardier this round".

FilipinoNinja67
03-05-2012, 04:38 AM
My friends & I still play ACB the majority of the time. Really our clan plays ACB more than ACR. I still enjoy this community but its getting harder with the influx of new people who don't even know what ACB MP was all about.

Sitting in a corner looking out for persuers while you pray that your smoke bomb and mute will work on them when they get close to you then mash B (O) over and over and say that you're a beast? You can literally keep someone in a stunlock by mashing your controller on your ***. (Lol nice filter)

Venge1975
03-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Sorry!:rolleyes: I thought everyone was constantly playing ACR. I'll let you know next time, deal?

Like I said in another thread (or was it a youtube video?), almost everyone complains ACR is worse than ACB but they refuse to go back to ACB because it isn't the latest game. Too bad because I luv "educating" the noobs there now. Also why I don't like ACR, now that I'm rolling with dem Turrets, the game (ACR, you lost) won't allow me to play with them! ACB does, hence I return.

I just keep watching old ACB clips and noticed how much I've missed during the time I didn't play. I want to have those SuperPRO matches, dinowalking, wallhumping etc. shenanigans again. But ACR kinda said: "no, tryhards rule this game! Leaderboards are everything! The only part of your friends that matter is beating their score so you can brag about it"

I'm scared for AC III as well, but on the other hand, if the MP is another "tryhard festival" I simply finish the single player and leave the MP for what it is. Whether the MP is included or not, they'll charge you the 65 anyway. Don't like it, don't play it!

Deal..just give me a Yell on Twitter or HT forum or My PSN

Kaiyoto
03-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I know what this community needs.......

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGca34v5PiLAsHXOZK4EtNbC8vn92Y9 zHOI0DWODlbZ3H0i17H

It hasn't had any in a while!

obliviondoll
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I miss the official Skittles thread. It's a shame they closed it down.

Although, when I said "community" I meant the Assassin's Creed Multiplayer community AS A WHOLE, not just these forums. Back when Brotherhood was new, if you won a game and got a PSN message, it was always "good game" or "well done" or "How did you [awesome moment] with [ability]?" Now, in either game, the winner gets hit with "HAX!" and censored comments and "you're an [insult] for using [ability] to [awesome moment]!"

Why? Because we're all angry when we play. We die more often to laggy broken issues than to legitimately well-played actions by our opponents. And for some reason, many people feel the need to direct that frustration at one another. We blame other players for Ubisoft's failings. Admit it's the company, and the game... And direct our anger at the real culprits, instead of one another. If we show them our displeasure, and unite as a community once again, we may be able to make them listen. And if they listen, and actually ACT on things this time, maybe we'll be able to have that friendly, helpful feeling back in our games.

EDIT: Or, alternatively, we could try being nice in spite of the problems... but that's not going to happen. And raging at Ubisoft is more productive anyway.

thergbcolor
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Although, when I said "community" I meant the Assassin's Creed Multiplayer community AS A WHOLE, not just these forums. Back when Brotherhood was new, if you won a game and got a PSN message, it was always "good game" or "well done" or "How did you [awesome moment] with [ability]?" Now, in either game, the winner gets hit with "HAX!" and censored comments and "you're an [insult] for using [ability] to [awesome moment]!"

Why? Because we're all angry when we play. We die more often to laggy broken issues than to legitimately well-played actions by our opponents. And for some reason, many people feel the need to direct that frustration at one another. We blame other players for Ubisoft's failings. Admit it's the company, and the game... And direct our anger at the real culprits, instead of one another. If we show them our displeasure, and unite as a community once again, we may be able to make them listen. And if they listen, and actually ACT on things this time, maybe we'll be able to have that friendly, helpful feeling back in our games.

EDIT: Or, alternatively, we could try being nice in spite of the problems... but that's not going to happen. And raging at Ubisoft is more productive anyway.

It wasn't unusual back then to see the same four, five people playing your mode of choice every day though. Even if you didn't get to know each other for a while (or ever) there was something to be said for that familiarity. I think that speaks to a smaller, more passionate playerbase as much as issues with the game. When I was still playing ACR MP every night, I almost never ran into the same people playing the same modes. In fact, more often than not I couldn't get a game in my chosen modes and just gave up.

I see and agree with your point about trying to motivate Ubi to action. I don't know that I even agree it's possible, though. I just think there's a sense of camarederie that comes from a more niche game with fewer players. Even though AC hasn't hit COD numbers (and probably never will) it still seems like more people play it more often, and the anonymity that comes with that makes people feel entitled to be a-holes.

FilipinoNinja67
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol i sometimes send hatemail to people that are extremely bad with osb. I still send people gg messages but only if i think that it was actually a good game and they didnt play dirty.

Kaiyoto
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM

you need more skittles *gives skittles*
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Skittles-Louisiana-2003.jpg/220px-Skittles-Louisiana-2003.jpg

BeCk41
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM

@Everyone I first joined this forum to search for new friends..it led me into Happy Turrets. Sweet beans there. As for all the MPs from AC. Sadly it is up to us as well to bring back the fun.. besides UBI. You want the fun to come back stop wishing for it and aim to bring it forth yourself. Cut the Bullcrap of whining about all the stuff you dislike about the game and try to enjoy what you loved about it. Instead of doing this " FU UBI I HATE YOU." Give me a **** break.. I know it can be annoying but I still enjoy ACB and try to have fun on ACR..I know many of you came here as I did to find some cool *** friends to play these games with. Yes.. ACR is rather raging but most will still play it. The best Idea we can all do is aim to bring back the fun times of playing these games with the friends you have and meet. Trust me if most here is about having fun and leave the BS behind you I am sure the fun can spark back in both games. Peace Out.

^This times a million xDDD

Nicely said Veg, people need to stop being so negative about the game and focus on the positive aspects of this creative and immersive multiplayer. Yes there are faults (comes with a game released so quickly) but if we can maybe look to all the positive things about this game, instead of the bad things we cursed about, then maybe improving a better more optimistic place to voice their thoughts and opinions and not such a negative one focusing on all the faults about this games 'extra' multiplayer. Here's one positive thing this game brought me: most of my friend list of Happy Turret members, and all these people on the forums I would have never met if I had never played this game. *huggles everyone*http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love/love0059.gif<<<< Skittle smilies

Kaiyoto
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
^This times a million xDDD

Nicely said Veg, people need to stop being so negative about the game and focus on the positive aspects of this creative and immersive multiplayer. Yes there are faults (comes with a game released so quickly) but if we can maybe look to all the positive things about this game, instead of the bad things we cursed about, then maybe improving a better more optimistic place to voice their thoughts and opinions and not such a negative one focusing on all the faults about this games 'extra' multiplayer. Here's one positive thing this game brought me: most of my friend list of Happy Turret members, and all these people on the forums I would have never met if I had never played this game. *huggles everyone*http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love/love0059.gif<<<< Skittle smilies

Hooray for hugging smiley skittles!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Mr_Shade
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
indeed...

While I can see some people like to blame the game - the game is not the community?

Any changes in the way the community is as a whole - could be down to the people in it - not the game, since not everyone has the same amount of problems.

It is common though for people to 'go off' and troll - but is that the fault of a game, or the person?

Kaiyoto
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
indeed...While I can see some people like to blame the game - the game is not the community?

Any changes in the way the community is as a whole - could be down to the people in it - not the game, since not everyone has the same amount of problems.

It is common though for people to 'go off' and troll - but is that the fault of a game, or the person?Amen, Brutha!I know people love to complain about the crappy players, that comes with any multiplayer game. Part of the fun of the game is whipping them into submission and showing them how the game is really played http://z4.ifrm.com/30304/156/0/e5190345//e5190345.png When I find a lobby of players who think the game involves running around like a horse's *** and using the hidden gun I always take it as a challenge to go in there pwn them despite how they play. When I do that they either rage quit because they can't handle real playing or they start playing the correct way. It comes down a person's attitude in life. You can enjoy despite how crappy others are or you can pout about how much they were mean to you in life. You can either come into this forum and complain or you can be positive and contribute to it. The way this community turns out depends on each one of us adding to it. The majority of people just complain then nobody will want to be here, if everyone wants to try to make it better then it will be a better place.Now eat your friggen skittles!
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-t3JQV2wwfikWJsROi4ZWuDdE4dCixDU2jopjJ-7chZRkrYYpHQ

BeCk41
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
You can either come into this forum and complain or you can be positive and contribute to it. The way this community turns out depends on each one of us adding to it. The majority of people just complain then nobody will want to be here, if everyone wants to try to make it better then it will be a better place.Now eat your friggen skittles!

Kaiyoto- you might be on to something >.> here take some skittlies... oh wait I'm out... take these dancing skittles instead> http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/party/party0003.gif

Kaiyoto
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Those are trippy skittles too!!!

Here is some scary skittles!

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTve8mDRQhGGx75c51ETCZ3FcUWTBYV1 jQTQAww2hW4hQkFdj8bpg

thergbcolor
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
indeed...

While I can see some people like to blame the game - the game is not the community?

It is common though for people to 'go off' and troll - but is that the fault of a game, or the person?

I agree with you to an extent Mr. Shade. On the flip side, people become more invested in (and visit the forums for) games they find to be of quality make, and games they enjoy. If I put in AC:R and find it unplayable (which I frequently do) it makes me less likely to come to these forums or get involved in the community. So I think the game and its perceived quality does feed into the issue of whether or not people stay invested.

I'm not arguing against the idea of being upbeat so much as saying that a game with issues has an impact. There's also not a lot of optimism re: Ubisoft, the company. I don't think anyone intended to say the people here suck (except you, lol). ;)

Moi-dix-Mois43
03-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I've been around since Brotherhood technically, but haven't really been involved since Revelations. And I'm sad to say that I'm part of the "complaint bureau". That was really the only reason I ever posted on here. Honestly, I've never really even run into a player like that. Very. Very. VERY occasionally, I will get a good game message, but for every good game, I also get ten more worse messages. I like to spread around the good games when I can...but honestly, I don't run into a lot of people who are deserving of that kind of message, sadly :( Trust me, if you deserve it, I will give it, but only to certain players. I've never been in the kind of community you speak of Oblivion, but I'd love to help bring this one back :)

BeCk41
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree with you to an extent Mr. Shade. On the flip side, people become more invested in (and visit the forums for) games they find to be of quality make, and games they enjoy. If I put in AC:R and find it unplayable (which I frequently do) it makes me less likely to come to these forums or get involved in the community. So I think the game and its perceived quality does feed into the issue of whether or not people stay invested.

I'm not arguing against the idea of being upbeat so much as saying that a game with issues has an impact. There's also not a lot of optimism re: Ubisoft, the company. I don't think anyone intended to say the people here suck (except you, lol). ;)

Yep, this probably sums up as to why most people have left the forums no doubt...

FilipinoNinja67
03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Hopefully AC3 brings in new members to the AC community or members of the SP community (theyre pretty fun) with Co-op.

We dont need skittles to bring the community together, we need a pair of jeans, my badazzler, and millions of purple badazzle beads and we can just badazzle those jeans purple Justin ******'s birthday! (Finally i agree with the filter, bea/ver is not a nice word, neither is cl/am i wonder if elep/hant is. Elephant)

thergbcolor
03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Yep, this probably sums up as to why most people have left the forums no doubt...

I think the fact that a lot of clans have their own, private forums probably adds to it. Not a criticism, either, just an observation. When I came here for the first time the Borgia Rejects thread was the happenin' spot to be. PMH would come trolling and you'd be guaranteed something to read.

It's sad that these forums aren't nearly as active anymore.

Dave0718
03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I think the fact that a lot of clans have their own, private forums probably adds to it. Not a criticism, either, just an observation. When I came here for the first time the Borgia Rejects thread was the happenin' spot to be. PMH would come trolling and you'd be guaranteed something to read.

It's sad that these forums aren't nearly as active anymore.

You are saying we need more little kids like PMH that think they are trolling?

I'm all for that xD

Mmejia1
03-08-2012, 07:39 AM
what happened to PMH anyway? I miss his miss quotes, half truths and overall annoying way he presented himself.