PDA

View Full Version : A "Garage" to save you favorite vehicle?

DizzyMan124
03-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Heres an idea that came to mind.

What if at the safe houses, or at random areas, there were garages, or spaces to save your favorite vehicle? In Far Cry 2, my fav vehicle was the Big Flat Bed truck. You wouldn't believe how many times i've gotten that truck, and died 5 minutes after getting it, to have to wait 5 more hours before i came across it again.

Or, EVERYTHING you can think of that could make me lose that Flat Bed, has made me lose the flat bed. I just wish i could have saved it at a safe house, or another area.

How do you like this idea? Good? Bad?

lil kimoooo
03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
good, really good !!!!!!

lil kimoooo
03-03-2012, 05:42 PM
do u or do u not want to save an awesome rare car !?

lil kimoooo
03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
i dont know , expect the unexpected from pirates :p

DapperHayden007
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I have to agree with Viragoxv on this one. Far cry is not a driving game ans also you are trying to survive. you have to find any car, you have to try not to complain. It kinda seems stupid if you go to a safe house, take the car, Car blows up, go back to safe house. CAR IS MAGICALLY BACK! I don't like those type of things personally.

lil kimoooo
03-03-2012, 08:22 PM
not that , but when u put your fav car in you garage , the next day it magically disappears !
but if it exploded and you save game after it exploded it shouldnt return !

ZanderArch
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
I want this.

Just because this isn't GTA doesn't mean we don't get to keep the cars we like somewhere that's accessible.

It was pretty silly in FarCry 2, one of the missions "rewarded" you with a black SUV with gold trim. Only lasted as long as you kept your **** in the seat, so why even bother having a special vehicle if you only drive and waste it by the time you reach the next check point?

Ix Johnnien xI
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Would be nice if there was some customization for the vehicles. I don't see the need to save a car in case it is damaged during a fight. Instead a garage should be used to change a cars transmition, engine, etc. Maybe have a scrapyard beside the garage with spare parts that you can upgrade at the weapon shop.

ZanderArch
03-04-2012, 03:01 PM
So you're asking even for repair shop... or indestructible and always shiny vehicles? :rolleyes:

You could repair bullet damage and put out an engine fire with a few cranks of a socket wrench. Imagine what you could do in a garage full of tools?

gwr_mash
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Jason is a survivor. That stuff is meant for racing games really. Your fantasy has no limits!!

I agree. The point that jason is a survivor means he uses what he has to survive. Not be able to ship in fancy vehicles, and somehow meet a mechanic who will do up your vehicles for you. I would even prefer it that safehouses didn't give ammo restocks either, so you have to loot/steal ammo and weapons all the time, and just have safehouses as save points

Flashify
03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Why would you want a garage for one car that you like when there'll be cars all over the place for you to just steal?

Ix Johnnien xI
03-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Wasn't there an upgrade in Far Cry 2 for the safe house that would spawn new vehicles near each safe house? I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty certain about it.

Flashify
03-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, as you take the alternative mission routes (choosing your buddy's option), once completed the mission, you would receive an automatic upgrade to your safe house(s) ie. Ammo Piles, Syrette Kits, Vehicle upgrades (with better weapons attached etc. I think..).

If this returns there is no need for a garage for you to save a vehicle in as there will always be that vehicle at your safe house(s), assuming there is going to be some kind of shelter for you to save your game and advance time by resting.

sanpreet
03-05-2012, 10:39 AM
This is FarCry not Grand Theft Auto

ha ha :D