PDA

View Full Version : is ac3 the first game during the american war of indepence?

lothario-da-be
03-03-2012, 03:39 PM
much people say that the place and time is overused but i don't know 1 game that is set during the american war of indepence (expept for empire total war) do you know 1?

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 03:42 PM
... not really. *looks around*

Nobody has really mentioned the era being over used.

lothario-da-be
03-03-2012, 03:44 PM
much people say everything takes place in new york and america ...

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 04:27 PM
much people say everything takes place in new york and america ...

Not during the American Revolution. New York is in America btw.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
It'll be the first and last game...

I mean, it kind of has to be.
Unless they want to go the Brotherhood and Revelations route again.

brick177
03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I agree. The time and place is not overused. Even saying New York is overused is a bit of a stretch considering colonial New York is nothing like GTA New York.

I think the exception some have taken is that so many games have Anglo-American English Speaking Heroes/Heroins and the franchise has so far stayed away from Anglo Heroes.

Edit: I think Ubisoft is going to knock one out of the park here, personally. It IS relevant and interesting history in the American War for Independence. SO many other games have Anglo-American perspectives because they are based on Western movies and television shows. Or they are based on overused genres like every major war of the 20th century, hard to avoid America there...

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Also to be honest, I can't think of many games where we actually have modern New York City in a free-roam setting. (Emphasize on Free-roam).

The only good ones that come to mind would be Prototype and GTA4.

There would also be some Spider-Man games that have New York in a free-roam setting.

of course, a lot of games feature New York in a non free-roam setting. The first examples that come to mind are: Crysis 2 and Modern Warfare 3.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
It'll be the first and last game...

I mean, it kind of has to be.
Unless they want to go the Brotherhood and Revelations route again.

I actually hope we get at least one more game with Conner.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
i have to agree with The13Doctors, the sheer awesomeness of this new engine should be enough to keep us entertained for another game or two, however i don't think this will happen because AC3 is the last game with Desmond in, so unless they pushed his last game back to one of the sub-games this won't happen, i am counting on some good dlc though.

brick177
03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
The game spans 30 years (1753 - 1783), same as AC2, and while a brotherhood-esque expansion could have Connor in one city, Paris, for the French Revolution (1789-1799), I can't see it being from Desmond's point of view. However, if Desmond has a child, let's say, that child will have all the same ancestor memories and could pick up Connor's story. I don't really see this happening, but it's possible, and that would be one way of achieving it.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I think the closest we are going to get to a 2nd game for Connor is probably an actual expansion pack. Or a 'huge DLC' which is $15 to $30.