PDA

View Full Version : Why Connor should/won't have armour

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Well by now everyones seen and read all the game informer stuff and the article puts a big emphasis on how Connor is more of a predator and has an offensive style of combat. To me this says that he doesn't go out looking for a fight which also says to me that this could be the biggest AC game that is based on stealth. Another thing is that if Connor's fight style is being on the offence, then it just doesn't make SENSE for him to be slapped up in armour?

Thoughts?

itsamea-mario
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Well people didn't wear armour in those days anyway, so no he shouldn't.

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I wonder how our health will increase without it.

itsamea-mario
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
The same way it does in AC1?

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I have no idea what kind of armor people wore or how much of it, but I doubt there's a complete lack of it.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Well we can wear things like a Military Combat Jacket that would make sense...

itsamea-mario
03-03-2012, 11:16 AM
They wore thickish cloth and things like that, also possibly leather.
But armour became almost redundant when rifles were introduced, bullets could penetrate a lot of metal armour at medium range, and it would have slowed down troops and added unnessecary weight when traveling.

As for the natives, they barely wore clothes...

YuurHeen
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
The same way it does in AC1?

if only..

reddragonhrcro
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Well certainly makes sense,also would be great if they add the option to remove armour/clothes and weapons(I sometimes hate in AC:B and AC:R to have the crossbow on the back)

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I would hate it if it was like AC1. The last thing I want to do is investigation missions to get more health.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
if only..

I came in this thread just to mention AC1.

I don't see why not... The more synchronized Desmond is with the dude, the more he finds out dude is some type of nearly invincible super human freak.

Saqaliba
03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree. And I think they could implement the health-armour relationship by having different quality gradings of leather... which means hunting for specific animals for stronger pelts by which to make armour, taking the pelts to a blacksmith and having leather upgrades as armour! And for the best armour, we should get a type of bullet proof vest that is not visible... this would work well if it is a tomb mission that he has to seek out the metal fabricated by TWCB... literally looking for his Ancestor's metal... they could keep it within the mythology of the Native Indians too. It would be perfect and it could tie into the Aztecs and the Temples as a type of 'Legend of the Invincible Skin' type thing.

Naturally this armour would protect him against bullets. :D

Saqaliba
03-03-2012, 11:47 AM
It would be cool to have a kinda shirtless Cherokee skin... with the big feather cap and face paint.

It would also be cool if you could take scalps from the colonialists to revenge your family! :D

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:00 PM
They wore thickish cloth and things like that, also possibly leather.
But armour became almost redundant when rifles were introduced, bullets could penetrate a lot of metal armour at medium range, and it would have slowed down troops and added unnessecary weight when traveling.

As for the natives, they barely wore clothes...

True, but I can still imagine small, strategically placed metal plates.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 01:10 PM
It would also be cool if you could take scalps from the colonialists to revenge your family! :D

Are his family murdered then?

LightRey
03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Are his family murdered then?

Looks like it. I didn't read the article, but his village does get attacked when he's still a kid.

reini03
03-03-2012, 01:33 PM
It would be cool to have a kinda shirtless Cherokee skin... with the big feather cap and face paint.

In the magazine, Alex Hutchinson was actually quoted as: "We wanted Connor to be more of a freedom fighter. He's not out for personal revenge, if he sees injustice, he will help.".
So, there's that. He certainly won't be driven by revenge like Ezio ;)

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Connor shouldn't have armor because his robes are too cool for that.. :)

UrDeviant1
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I prefer Ezio and the revenge plot, when slowly over time he realizes that revenge Isn't the way to solve problems, helping him grow as a character. Not just Wahhh, I'm the good guy, I hates Injustice. Maybe Rahdoodoogaydoodoha:kee won't be like that, maybe he will.

reddragonhrcro
03-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Well certainly if in bonus custumes are Altairs robes and Ezios(and possibly other variations of them) would be fun to see em in new action(as afterall AC3 brings major improvement to the series)

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Well certainly if in bonus custumes are Altairs robes and Ezios(and possibly other variations of them) would be fun to see em in new action(as afterall AC3 brings major improvement to the series)

Agreed.

I just finished reading the scans and apparently upgrades will return so yeah...

itsamea-mario
03-03-2012, 02:08 PM
True, but I can still imagine small, strategically placed metal plates.

Well perhaps gauntlets, and possibly boots.

But his overall outfit doesn't look like it's designed to have armour over it.
Though he may be able to simply 'upgrade' his outfit to make it more protective.

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Connor shouldn't have armor because his robes are too cool for that.. :)

Yeah, a shame it would be to hide them under mountains of armour :/

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Actually the collecting pellets to then use as armour does sound like a cool idea but........ I guess you could tickle guards towards an inch of their lives.
Also as this is AC III I am hoping for Altair/Young Ezio skins, not robes in this last instalment in the triology

kudos17
03-03-2012, 03:58 PM
I prefer Ezio and the revenge plot, when slowly over time he realizes that revenge Isn't the way to solve problems, helping him grow as a character. Not just Wahhh, I'm the good guy, I hates Injustice. Maybe Rahdoodoogaydoodoha:kee won't be like that, maybe he will.

Well, they wouldn't do another revenge plot. From what I've read about the character, Ratohnhake​ is a really level-headed, almost wise, kind of guy. He doesn't seem like the type to let his emotions get in the way. Like Altair, but without the arrogance, and more a intimidating presence.

That's just what I got from the magazine, though. He'll undoubtedly be more complex when we see some footage of him in-game.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, they wouldn't do another revenge plot. From what I've read about the character, Ratohnhake​ is a really level-headed, almost wise, kind of guy. He doesn't seem like the type to let his emotions get in the way. Like Altair, but without the arrogance, and more a intimidating presence.

That's just what I got from the magazine, though. He'll undoubtedly be more complex when we see some footage of him in-game.

without count with the fact that revenge plots are almost always predictable...

Guy 1 kill Guy 2's family/friend/dog/etc
Guy 2 seeks for revenge
Guy 2 kill Guy 1 or find redemption and let Guy 1 live and do a speech... :P

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Yeah, me too. I think he has a sort of wise peaceful vibe to him. Unlike Ezio which was Brute Force with act first, think later. Conner will probably be more strategic.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM

I'm pretty sure the reason why he joins the Assassin's is because his village gets burned down when he's a child. That may be wrong, but I definitely read it somewhere. I'm expecting more of an Altair character. We'll probably see him as a kid, and it'll skip forward a bit to where he's already in the order.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
His village does get burned but connor fights against tyranny

LightRey
03-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Well perhaps gauntlets, and possibly boots.

But his overall outfit doesn't look like it's designed to have armour over it.
Though he may be able to simply 'upgrade' his outfit to make it more protective.

Maybe they've invented a whole new system of outfit upgrades possibly regarding camouflage or something.

twenty_glyphs
03-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I hope that armor doesn't return, at least not like it has worked for Ezio. A system with using pelts for leather and upgrading your outfit sounds interesting. I really like that Connor looks light and sleak, especially compared to Ezio, even without all his armor. The Game Informer article mentioned a Sync Bar that would get filled as you completed Synchronization objectives in the new Full Sync systems and give you rewards. It was described like an XP bar that's finite. But it was never mentioned that this Sync Bar was the health bar, so we don't know yet if it's tied to your health. I like the concept of getting more in sync with the ancestor and getting rewards for it.

Jexx21
03-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Using leathers and pelts as armors, that would be awesome.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:01 PM
It would be awesome but how much is leather gonna stop a bullet....

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 07:33 PM

Well you'll be able to skin animals so I don't see why not.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Indeed.

Assassin_M
03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Actually if the article is to be taken by word, then the sync increase system seems to be similar to that of AC I as in more in Sync with Ancestor the more it goes up ?
I can quote it though, I cant remember right now..

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Well if thats the case then Sync bar and health bar must be different if you can have armour variations. In AC1 you couldn't upgrade armour so sync for health was a good idea, but if you upgrade armour but still have 5 sync bar as health it doesn't make sense. So either Sync bar will be health bar and there will be NO armour changes; or there will be both a Sync bar and a health bar

SixKeys
03-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Well if thats the case then Sync bar and health bar must be different if you can have armour variations. In AC1 you couldn't upgrade armour so sync for health was a good idea, but if you upgrade armour but still have 5 sync bar as health it doesn't make sense. So either Sync bar will be health bar and there will be NO armour changes; or there will be both a Sync bar and a health bar

In AC2 you got more health bars as you collected Codex pages and completed sequences. The only piece of armor that was mandatory were the leather boots, I think. I don't see why they couldn't just use that kind of a sync bar. No need to upgrade armor to gain more sync, you could do it by completing objectives.