PDA

View Full Version : Wait if this is America, than everyone speaks english right? So.......

LintonMildone
03-03-2012, 06:04 AM
500 years ago Ezio cursed some pretty severe profanity such as f*** and s*** in italian so how many of you will be shocked to hear british colonist 250 years ago curse out all that profanity despite the way they usually speak in most movie and shows that take place in the 18th century?

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 06:16 AM
500 years ago Ezio cursed some pretty severe profanity such as f*** and s*** in italian so how many of you will be shocked to hear british colonist 250 years ago curse out all that profanity despite the way they usually speak in most movie and shows that take place in the 18th century?

That's one thing I like about the last three games. I was able to put on subtitles and see what they say when it switches over to Italian. I guess that's pretty much gone for ACIII though. It won't really shock it because really no matter what time period it is they all had swears. ESRB rating wise it won't change a thing unless they hide a little "hot coffee" in the disk. It's already "M" and it will always stay that way no matter what happens.

ProletariatPleb
03-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Uhm...they do have Mohawk language(and maybe more tribal languages) in the game.

Big-Boss_777
03-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Have you forgotten about the Native Americans and their language?

LordWolv
03-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Have you forgotten about the Native Americans and their language?
I'm sure you'll hear some different languages, but among the English troops English will be it.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-03-2012, 08:18 AM

Oh dear! Profanity...
We must sue! :l

YuurHeen
03-03-2012, 08:35 AM
you really think they didnt curse back then?

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 08:43 AM
what do you think they said when their tea burned their tongues? "oh fiddle sticks!" :rolleyes:

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 08:46 AM
what do you think they said when their tea burned their tongues? "oh fiddle sticks!" :rolleyes:
the Moderator? making a stereotype? *faints*

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 09:28 AM
it's not a stereotype... they drank tea all the time... hence why the boston tea party was such a big deal.

now a sarcastic comment? sure... guilty as charged.

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Tea was shipped to Boston so it means they drank tea all the time? Nice logic lol

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Tea was shipped to Boston so it means they drank tea all the time? Nice logic lol

Till they got fed up with the taxes on it. Which basically started the war. It was made official in Lexington/Concord though

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
We may even hear some Dutch. :D

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I've heard that concord is a visitable town in the frontier, no doubt there will be more, i mean the frontier is 1.5 times the size of rome. anyway, could someone give me some background info on Concord?

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
we may even hear some dutch. :d

:D:D:D:D

I'm listening.....

Moultonborough
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I've heard that concord is a visitable town in the frontier, no doubt there will be more, i mean the frontier is 1.5 times the size of rome. anyway, could someone give me some background info on Concord?

Here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord,_Massachusetts

YuurHeen
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
We may even hear some Dutch. :D

how so? the netherlands sold new york in the 17th century to england already.

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord,_Massachusetts
awesome, thanks!

does anyone think we'll be able to visit Milwaukee?

LightRey
03-03-2012, 11:49 AM

That doesn't mean there weren't any Dutch people in North America at the time.

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 12:35 PM

The Netherlands was still a hugely important trading nation around the world, with centuries of history in exploration and economics. They didn't just pack up and leave after New Amsterdam became New York. The standard North American accents are mostly a blend of Dutch and Irish, with varying levels of influence from Scottish, German and other tongues.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
The Netherlands was still a hugely important trading nation around the world, with centuries of history in exploration and economics. They didn't just pack up and leave after New Amsterdam became New York. The standard North American accents are mostly a blend of Dutch and Irish, with varying levels of influence from Scottish, German and other tongues.

Exactly. There were also plenty of Dutch mercenaries and privateers.

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Indeed. A Japanese AC could be very enlightening for a lot of people. I'm always surprised by how few non-Dutch people are aware of the importance of Dutch culture worldwide - for example, the centuries in which the only ships allowed into Japan were Dutch crews, and a limited number of ships from some Chinese regions.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Indeed. A Japanese AC could be very enlightening for a lot of people. I'm always surprised by how few non-Dutch people are aware of the importance of Dutch culture worldwide - for example, the centuries in which the only ships allowed into Japan were Dutch crews, and a limited number of ships from some Chinese regions.

Very true. We were quite the powerful nation in the olden days.

albertwesker22
03-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Very true. We were quite the powerful nation in the olden days.

You wanna compare empires? ;)

LightRey
03-03-2012, 01:11 PM

http://xerona.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/challenge-denied.jpg

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm just jumping into this page and don't know the conversation going on, but from the article there won't be any more factions.

Just putting that out there, continue.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm just jumping into this page and don't know the conversation going on, but from the article there won't be any more factions.

I mean that we may encounter Dutchmen throughout the story, just like we encountered Frenchmen in ACB.

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM

I took that to mean no more guilds of thieves/courtesans/mercenaries and so on.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I took that to mean no more guilds of thieves/courtesans/mercenaries and so on.

Me too.

ChaosxNetwork
03-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Well the number of nations that had colonists in the Americas is very high, from French to the Dutch to Prussian (Not Germany they were not a country until just before WWI) as well as some Russian. So hopfuly when combined with the natives' language there will be quite the diverse set.
I speak German and English and was able to pick up a little Italian thanks to Assassin's Creed one of the many awesome things about it

GLHS
03-03-2012, 02:02 PM
It says it's a new system, so they could sorta be there, just in a different form. But I have to say, with the new screens and details, and knowing a trailer is comin in a few days...I'm starting to warm up to the idea of America. Didn't like it at first, I knew knowing more details would change my mind. I'm starting to get sooo excited, and there's still so much more to be revealed! My only concern is it sounds like this is gonna be more like AC2, with it covering Connor's life for 30 years. That wouldn't be a bad thing, except this game is also supposed to really focus on Desmond. So either the game is like twice the size of AC2, which would be amazing, or they're not putting as much Dez play in it as we thought.

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Me too.

Yeah, that was actually specified not to be there. No more guilds.

Although they are adding the Club feature, basically if you keep killing deer eventually some random guy will walk up to you and ask you to join a hunting club, a la Skyrim.

LightRey, are you sure you don't want to see the scans?

LightRey
03-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that was actually specified not to be there. No more guilds.

Although they are adding the Club feature, basically if you keep killing deer eventually some random guy will walk up to you and ask you to join a hunting club, a la Skyrim.

LightRey, are you sure you don't want to see the scans?

I'm good. I'm not one to actively go looking for leaked content. If something pops up I'll take a look at it, but you don't have to send it to me. :P

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm good. I'm not one to actively go looking for leaked content. If something pops up I'll take a look at it, but you don't have to send it to me. :P

As you say...

I can't wait to see the new weather system in action, and this game is going to be the biggest one yet! Bringing back "The Kingdom" from AC1, now with seasons and mountain climbing

(I suggest giving pages 10-13 a glance)

GLHS
03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I get Game Informer, so I'll be able to read it in full when it gets to me, but omg this game sounds amazing. I can't even believe how bad the excitement is gonna be in like august-september area when we are really getting close.

ChaosxNetwork
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Ha, yes I like the way you think!
<---Oh and it took me this long to realise that my icon doesn't really work on the new forum.

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I get Game Informer, so I'll be able to read it in full when it gets to me, but omg this game sounds amazing. I can't even believe how bad the excitement is gonna be in like august-september area when we are really getting close.

Im gonna run around naked down a few blocks near my area with AC III painted on my body

GLHS
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Lol you have fun with that...........also, I'm glad I don't live near you

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
i'm curious about the actual length of the game. I hope it will be at least longer than AC II

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Mohawk language is the other language Conner will speak. They said that there'll be whole cutscenes in Mohawk language with subtitles.

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Mohawk language is the other language Conner will speak. They said that there'll be whole cutscenes in Mohawk language with subtitles.

That is music to my ears.

I hear they have more than two and half-hour worth of cutscenes in the entire game :O

brick177
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Also, lots of French, Dutch, and Germans during that time period. New York was originally New Amsterdam after all.

LightRey
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Im gonna run around naked down a few blocks near my area with AC III painted on my body

http://t.qkme.me/357nev.jpg

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope this game will be worth buying.......

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 05:37 PM

I'm with you man!!!

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 05:48 PM
http://t.qkme.me/357nev.jpg

xD! I laughed harder than I should have. Darnit LightRey, you made me spit take my tea!

LightRey
03-03-2012, 05:51 PM
xD! I laughed harder than I should have. Darnit LightRey, you made me spit take my tea!
http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/success.jpg

blazefp
03-03-2012, 05:55 PM
That is music to my ears.

I hear they have more than two and half-hour worth of cutscenes in the entire game :O

If I'm not wrong ACII had more than that

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
If I'm not wrong ACII had more than that

I'm going to replay AC II and count every minute of a cutscene.

ShaneO7K
03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm going to replay AC II and count every minute of a cutscene.

Good luck with that ;)