PDA

View Full Version : Is ac3 a joke?

Zintos
03-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Hi all, thanks for reading.

So, as you all know, Ubi realeased a statement about AC3 and the American Civil War. The moment I read it I was like, 'oh yeah, american civil war, lol, april fools'... then I realised it was March.

I'm sorry, but are you kidding me Ubisoft? Really, the American Civil war? I don't mean to sound hateful or angry, but I'm baffled by a french company, whose leading subsidiary is in Montreal (the second largest french speaking population in the world), which does not make AC3 about the French Revolution.

Alright, on to the argumentation:

The French Revolution was, by far and large, a much more significant event to the world than the American Civil War. That is an indisputable fact. Not only that, but the number of proeminent figures around the time is at least 3 times larger during this period. Rouseau, Locke, Smith, Napoleon, Voltaire, Montesquieu. Newton... These were all people who lived or directly influenced the FR... not to mention ILLUMINISM for christ sake's! A heavily capitalist and liberal philosophic school of thoguht that shaped modern society. Tell me that's not a major point for the Tempalrs.

On another note, The first ancestor of Desmond we play lived in Masyaf iduring the Third Crusade, the major event during the Medieval Age (around 1200). The second ancestor lived in Italy during the Renaissance, the major event during the Modern Age (around 1500).

Every game dealt with a turning point for mankind roughly set apart by 300 years, heavily influenced by the ruling philosophic school of thought of the period, and that shaped the next entire Age. Does it not make sense that AC3 is set 300 years later, during the major event in the Contemporary history?!

1799, the Age of Enlightment, France. I'm sorry but it fits so increadibly much better than 1861, the begging of the Belle Epoqué, USA.

Really, I'm so flabbergasted by all this, I can only assume it's a prank. I love AC and I can't see the series go into this direction without making my voice heard. I'm sure there are other hardcore fans out there who would fell the same. Ubisoft, please, please tell us what the hell you guys are thinking. I'm sorry, but it seems to me, this is an attempt to capitalize on the american self-centered audience. Don't ruin this for the money.

Sincerely and with respect,

A concerned fan.

Limed_-
03-03-2012, 02:26 AM
I still have my doubts, but we never know.. it might end up being an april fools joke.
For all we know, they could promise us an important event on that day, and BAM! april fools ect ect.

Bipolar Matt
03-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Hi all, thanks for reading.

So, as you all know, Ubi realeased a statement about AC3 and the American Civil War. The moment I read it I was like, 'oh yeah, american civil war, lol, april fools'... then I realised it was March.

I'm sorry, but are you kidding me Ubisoft? Really, the American Civil war? I don't mean to sound hateful or angry, but I'm baffled by a french company, whose leading subsidiary is in Montreal (the second largest french speaking population in the world), which does not make AC3 about the French Revolution.

Alright, on to the argumentation:

The French Revolution was, by far and large, a much more significant event to the world than the American Civil War. That is an indisputable fact. Not only that, but the number of proeminent figures around the time is at least 3 times larger during this period. Rouseau, Locke, Smith, Napoleon, Voltaire, Montesquieu. Newton... These were all people who lived or directly influenced the FR... not to mention ILLUMINISM for christ sake's! A heavily capitalist and liberal philosophic school of thoguht that shaped modern society. Tell me that's not a major point for the Tempalrs.

On another note, The first ancestor of Desmond we play lived in Masyaf iduring the Third Crusade, the major event during the Medieval Age (around 1200). The second ancestor lived during the Renaissance, the major event during the Modern Age (around 1500).

Every game dealt with a turning point for mankind roughly set apart by 300 years, heavily influenced by the ruling philosophic school of thought of the period, and that shaped the next entire Age. Does it not make sense that AC3 is set 300 years later, during the major event in the Contemporary history?!

1799, the Age of Enlightment, France. I'm sorry but it fits so increadibly much better than 1861, the begging of the Belle Epoqué, USA.

Really, I'm so flabbergasted by all this, I can only assume it's a prank. I love AC and I can't see the series go into this direction without making my voice heard. I'm sure there are other hardcore fans out there who would fell the same. Ubisoft, please, please tell us what the hell you guys are thinking. I'm sorry, but it seems to me, this is an attempt to capitalize on the american self-centered audience. Don't ruin this for the money.

Sincerely and with respect,

A concerned fan.

OP, are you trolling or are you serious? It's the Revolutionary War, not the Civil War.

Personally, I read this at work today and people must have thought I had gas or something because I had a big ***-eating grin on my face this afternoon.

dxsxhxcx
03-03-2012, 02:29 AM
[SPOILERS]
AC3 will start at 1753 and not 1861, it'll happen during the american revolution and not the american civil war

kriegerdesgottes
03-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Is this a troll post? The Civil War?!? ACIII is the Revolutionary War which was a thousand times different and about 80 years later. And that isn't a joke either as Ubisoft has put an incredible amount of time and effort into the Gameplay shots we have seen which I'm sure costed tons of money.

souNdwAve89
03-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Gotta love bitter people when Ubisoft didn't choose what they wanted.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 02:37 AM
You got most of what you said wrong. It's the Revolutionary war, not Civil War. I can't tell you if you're serious or not

clyde252525
03-03-2012, 02:44 AM
they are trying to do something completely new in AC III, they are going to have open frontier land with lots of trees and cliffs that will be used to do guerrilla tactic ambushes for assassinations, they want to add all the good parts of RDR and Skyrim into this game. Having France in this game would be way too ****ing similar to the Renaissance italy that we already played, the buildings look the same. In this game we will meet the native Americans and see another part of the world, with completely different environment, and not to mention one of the most important times in the most powerful nation in the worlds history. Period. **** the french revolution,

ace3001
03-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Why're you so bitter, man? They've obviously chosen a location that fits their overall storyline. The game seems to be shaping out to be an epic game, so take your baseless whining elsewhere.

brick177
03-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Why not, I'll say the same thing. Revolutionary War, NOT the Civil War.

kudos17
03-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Revolution, like others said, not the Civil War. Big, BIG difference there.

I was leaning toward the French Revolution, too, but have you read the GameInformer articles OP? It's actually shaping up to be really interesting. AC3's setting makes it vastly unique from the other entries in the series.

Not to mention, Locke, Napoleon, etc... But there are large figures over here in the way of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc. Not exactly the enlightenment thinkers you had in mind, but they're important nonetheless.

Besides, they had to show Desmond's ancestors working their way to the Americas eventually, right? And Boston is closer to New York than France, so I think it's a tad more relevant to Desmond's current situation.

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 03:21 AM
http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-plain-stupid.jpg

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 04:22 AM
i'm sorry... but this topic is going no where. even the opening post has all kinds of wrong information. topic closed.