PDA

View Full Version : Why would Connor fight with the Americans against the British

Radman500
03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
during the revolutionary war, the Native Americans sided with the British against the rebel colonists...... so it seems like Connor will be fighting with the Americans, and will develop a personal relationship with George Washington

WHY

Connor is native american (Well technically he is half-native american, half-english, born of a white english father and native american mother)

but he was raised by the mohawks, and his villiage was destroyed by colonists

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Connor is fighting for the assassins and the assassins fight for freedom. Simple as that.

reini03
03-02-2012, 11:08 PM
The GameInformer magazine actually says that Templars are on both sides, so he won't really be fighting for the Americans, but rather for the Assassins.

Sephrick
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
The GameInformer magazine actually says that Templars are on both sides, so he won't really be fighting for the Americans, but rather for the Assassins.

This is what I've been saying in all the QQ "Why go to America, don't glorify America" threads. It's likely that the war is just the backdrop for the Templars vs Assassins plot. It would be best to have Templars on both sides manipulating the war for their own purposes.

brick177
03-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah, keep in mind what Ezio said in Revelations to Suleiman. "I will help you as long as our interests are aligned."

D.I.D.
03-03-2012, 12:35 AM
We'll be fighting against whoever is determined to be an oppressor, which will almost certainly be members of both sides of the conflict.

rileypoole1234
03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
He's not fighting for either side. He's a bit of a freedom fighter.

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm hoping he will fight against members of both sides, which it has been said he will. In the shots from the GI article though, it looks like all the 'guards' (for lack of a better word) are British. I'm hoping this isn't the case, and that it'll be like Revelations were there are two 'types' of 'guards'. I really need to re-think my wording...I hope this is understandable as I'm not sure I made myself clear.

Captain Tomatoz
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm hoping he will fight against members of both sides, which it has been said he will. In the shots from the GI article though, it looks like all the 'guards' (for lack of a better word) are British. I'm hoping this isn't the case, and that it'll be like Revelations were there are two 'types' of 'guards'. I really need to re-think my wording...I hope this is understandable as I'm not sure I made myself clear.

like ACI when we fought Crusaders and Saracens

ChronoTravis
03-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Actually, different Native American tribes fought on both sides of the conflict, with some siding with the British, and some siding with the colonists. The Mohawks were split and had members on both sides. I doubt that the protagonist will be explicitly fighting for either side though, but just playing it down the middle for his own agenda.

souNdwAve89
03-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Going on how there are Templars on both sides, I think it would be cool if there was a civil war among the order, which causes some to go to the American rebels and others to the British. To give an idea, maybe there was an internal conflict on how to establish themselves in the New World. This can give the chance for Conner to fight both the Americans and British. Again, not trying to say they should do this.

jmk1999
03-03-2012, 04:33 AM
i think the purpose for his half native american blood is to give a sense of neutrality. keep in mind as said before, native americans openly fought the colonists to maintain their land... which they ended up losing in the end. they were pit against the colonists as a distraction by the british... one that apparently the colonists managed to overcome with several casualties on all sides. if he were full blooded native american or otherwise, there may be a bias in his subconscious.

ChronoTravis
03-03-2012, 04:53 AM
i think the purpose for his half native american blood is to give a sense of neutrality. keep in mind as said before, native americans openly fought the colonists to maintain their land... which they ended up losing in the end. they were pit against the colonists as a distraction by the british... one that apparently the colonists managed to overcome with several casualties on all sides. if he were full blooded native american or otherwise, there may be a bias in his subconscious.

Actually, different Native American tribes fought on both sides of the conflict, some were even split in there loyalties. Before the war, the colonists were representative of the British Empire to the natives, and Britain had its own history of conflict with the natives, as well as territory in Canada, and the loyalist areas in the lower colonies. The Native Americans would not all have wanted to side with the British to maintain their land, when the British were just as guilty of taking it as the rebelling colonists. The Mohawks fought on both sides of the war, so that may be why Ubisoft chose them for the protagonist.