PDA

View Full Version : Lucy *SPOILERS*

Dejan507
03-02-2012, 09:49 PM
SPOILERS

So I was replaying AC1 after the new info in Lost Archive DLC, and there is a conversation between Lucy and Desmond in which she said that three men came to her house and told her she was going to die, then Vidic came, stopped them and saved her. (This was after the Animus project was finished)
What I think happened is Templars found out that she is an assassin mole and they sent men to kill her. Vidic stopped them because he saw that this situation could be used in Templars benefit and turned her to their side. Plausible?

Moultonborough
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
So I was replaying AC1 after the new info in Lost Archive DLC, and there is a conversation between Lucy and Desmond in which she said that three men came to her house and told her she was going to die, then Vidic came, stopped them and saved her. (This was after the Animus project was finished)
What I think happened is Templars found out that she is an assassin mole and they sent men to kill her. Vidic stopped them because he saw that this situation could be used in Templars benefit and turned her to their side. Plausible?

Don't Post Spoilers It ruins it for others. It's possible that Vidic wanted her to work for the Templar's. After he saved her life she could have felt it was necessary to help them.

Dejan507
03-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Jeez, forgot all about that, I wish I could change topic name now

Moultonborough
03-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I did it once when I first joined. I don't remember how though. Maybe you could get a mod to do it for you.

goclo822
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Yea that sounds plausible. She clearly felt abandoned and unprotected by her fellow assassins. And then that event happens where she is left to fend for herself and then Vidic comes in and saves her. I could see that being the pushing point for her to put her on their side. However a few things that don't add up. Why would Vidic save her if in fact those Templars were there to kill her over her being an assassin.Wouldn't he want an assassin mole dead? There is no way Vidic could have known she would change sides over something like that. And then why couldn't Lucy defend herself? She was trained all her life, I'm sure she wasn't a total damsel in distress in that situation.

AntiChrist7
03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
it has probably to do with it, but its not the whole reason. she felt abandoned by the assassins, and she felt the assassin way destroyed too much in a human live. which isnt complelty untrue. even ezio said that being an assasin is about pain.

CanterburyTales
03-04-2012, 01:30 AM
In her letter to Clay, she seems like she's gone stupid and naive, suddenly not realizing that the Templars' means to creating world peace is by robbing everyone of their free will. I also hate how Lucy doesn't have any dialogue in that scene, making it obvious that they didn't get Kristen Bell to record some dialogue.

The stuff talking about Lucy's change of true allegiance makes it appear as if they changed their ideas from what they were by the end of AC II. Suddenly, everything Lucy said to Desmond seems like it was part of a ploy.

jmk1999
03-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Jeez, forgot all about that, I wish I could change topic name now
i fixed it... just be more careful next time. this is a HUGE spoiler, particularly for anyone who hasn't played through the entire series yet.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Yea that sounds plausible. She clearly felt abandoned and unprotected by her fellow assassins. And then that event happens where she is left to fend for herself and then Vidic comes in and saves her. I could see that being the pushing point for her to put her on their side. However a few things that don't add up. Why would Vidic save her if in fact those Templars were there to kill her over her being an assassin.Wouldn't he want an assassin mole dead? There is no way Vidic could have known she would change sides over something like that. And then why couldn't Lucy defend herself? She was trained all her life, I'm sure she wasn't a total damsel in distress in that situation.
Might want to change your signature. I don't think Lucy can be considered a "hero" anymore.

CanterburyTales
03-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Didn't she still have at least a little contact with the Assassins in AC 1? And besides, according to the Lost Archive DLC, she was DEEP undercover. Isn't she supposed to have little to no contact with her handlers and be at high risk? As I said in my previous post, that second letter to Clay makes Lucy look like an idiot and naive.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Didn't she still have at least a little contact with the Assassins in AC 1? And besides, according to the Lost Archive DLC, she was DEEP undercover. Isn't she supposed to have little to no contact with her handlers and be at high risk? As I said in my previous post, that second letter to Clay makes Lucy look like an idiot and naive.

She did, but before then she had practically no contact with them whatsoever.

GLHS
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Vidic allowed the Assassin's emails to her to go through as if they didn't know that she was getting them so as to not give them a clue that she had switched sides. Also, about her story of how Vidic saved her, the OP's version sounds plausible, but to me her story seems rather ridiculous now. She made the sh!t up, but she obviously was there originally as an Assassin to infiltrate. It had nothing to do with her research and blah, blah, blah. But yeah, they could've found her out, or she just made it up to give an excuse for her allegiance so Desmond wouldn't get suspicious. It's possible she just changed her view of everything after being there for so long.

RzaRecta357
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
So. I never beat the DLC. Was she still falling for Desmond in the end though? Even though she was an evil lady?

LightRey
03-04-2012, 03:53 PM
So. I never beat the DLC. Was she still falling for Desmond in the end though? Even though she was an evil lady?

Possibly. I think it's left up to the player's imagination.

Dejan507
03-04-2012, 03:55 PM
She had to feel something, remember that look she gave him when he stabbed her
(and by feel I do not mean cold steel in her abdomen lol)

masterfenix2009
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
So. I never beat the DLC. Was she still falling for Desmond in the end though? Even though she was an evil lady? What Lightray said is most likely true. Although, Vidic specifically warned her to look stressed out and cry when she is around Desmond.

Vairn
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
While I don't feel as if it was in tune with the story, I do think she felt a little something from spending so much time with them, but Juno took care of business.

Il_Divo
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Possibly. I think it's left up to the player's imagination.

I'd like to think there was something there. I'm not sure I would say she fell for him, but (many times) to pretend to be someone else is to eventually become that person. Kinda like Nietzsche and his whole "gazing into the abyss" schtick.

Edit: On a separate not, I'm glad that this puts Juno's actions in Brotherhood and the truth in a clearer perspective.

Assassin_M
03-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Perhaps Lucy wanted a change of heart from Desmond towards Vidic by telling him that "Bed-time Murder" story..
Lucy probably felt the compassion shown by Vidic..
Vidic is a fluent speaker and deceiver hence his high rank among the Templars..
He is the perfect antagonist.. a Genius.
Daniel Cross, the Satellite launch, the recruit training, the purge, the finding of Desmond..
Vidic is a Genius..

LightRey
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd like to think there was something there. I'm not sure I would say she fell for him, but (many times) to pretend to be someone else is to eventually become that person. Kinda like Nietzsche and his whole "gazing into the abyss" schtick.

Edit: On a separate not, I'm glad that this puts Juno's actions in Brotherhood and the truth in a clearer perspective.

Well she did show to be compassionate towards Clay, so she could very well at the very least have cared for Desmond. I think she mostly switched sides due to the fact that she was young, isolated and found more compassion from the Templars than from the Assassins (at times at least).

Perhaps Lucy wanted a change of heart from Desmond towards Vidic by telling him that "Bed-time Murder" story..
Lucy probably felt the compassion shown by Vidic..
Vidic is a fluent speaker and deceiver hence his high rank among the Templars..
He is the perfect antagonist.. a Genius.
Daniel Cross, the Satellite launch, the recruit training, the purge, the finding of Desmond..
Vidic is a Genius..

A crazy *** genius that needs to be stopped.

GLHS
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
A genius that can do everything but find his code pen...and can't tell when it's stolen..........

Assassin_M
03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
A genius that can do everything but find his code pen...and can't tell when it's stolen..........
After Lucy, I can`t help but think that it was the plan all along..
I mean, they knew that Desmond was reading their emails..
The only unanticipated move was the death of lucy..

LightRey
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM

I'm pretty sure that, since according to TLA he had planned from the start for S16 to be able to snoop around, he planned that.

GLHS
03-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Well fine guys.....I thought it was funny anyway lol.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Well fine guys.....I thought it was funny anyway lol.

It was. :P

Dejan507
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Haha don't you ove it the way he writes his emails with no capital letters
I laughed as hell when he asked Lucy why she signs her Emails when it says on top from who it's from

LightRey
03-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Haha don't you ove it the way he writes his emails with no capital letters
I laughed as hell when he asked Lucy why she signs her Emails when it says on top from who it's from

I loved that they added that email. It really added to the sense of realism.

CanterburyTales
03-04-2012, 10:38 PM
She did, but before then she had practically no contact with them whatsoever.

Which is exactly my point: she was supposed to have little to no contact with the other Assassins. She should have known that!

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Which is exactly my point: she was supposed to have little to no contact with the other Assassins. She should have known that!

She loved Vidic man, we have to understand it.

CanterburyTales
03-04-2012, 10:43 PM
She loved Vidic man, we have to understand it.

Need source.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Need source.

LOL, I was joking man.

It could be a possibility though, but I think he was more of a father figure to her, but I don't think Vidic cared to much for her, he just wanted to use her to reach his goals, and that was exactly what he did.

LightRey
03-04-2012, 10:53 PM

Just because she was supposed to doesn't mean she liked it. Besides, humans don't operate rationally (though many like to believe they do).

Moultonborough
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't call him a "father" figure but he did save her life.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't call him a "father" figure but he did save her life.

We don't even know if that story is even true.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I hope Lucy comes up again in ACIII, and that at some point we get a clearer explanation of what went on. Since she's dead, I don't know if that's possible but... at the same time, from the TLA itself it doesn't seem like Desmond, Rebecca, or Shaun know that Lucy switched sides. There are just so many unanswered questions for me in regards to Lucy...

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I hope Lucy comes up again in ACIII, and that at some point we get a clearer explanation of what went on. Since she's dead, I don't know if that's possible but... at the same time, from the TLA itself it doesn't seem like Desmond, Rebecca, or Shaun know that Lucy switched sides. There are just so many unanswered questions for me in regards to Lucy...

No there isn't.

She was born an Assassin, trained by William Miles, and at the age of seventeen all her ties to the Assassin's were erased in order for her to infiltrate Abstergo, becoming a sleeper. As time passed, the Templars found her true allegiance and possibly through her being emotionally weak because she felt alone regarding the Assassin's and adding to that I believe Vidic's capabilities as a very persuasive and manipulative man, and its important to note that she's only 24 in 2012 ( she possibly turned way before 2012), she eventually changed sides.

After this, she was tasked with a mission from Vidic in order for her to stage an "escape" from Abstergo with Desmond, and seek refuge with the Assassin's, with the objective of finding and retrieving Ezio's Apple to Templar hands. They did this because Vidic, obviously, believed Desmond would synchronize much better with Ezio if he was doing it because he wanted, due to the fact that he would be with the Assassin's, in order to take less time.

This plan had everything to succeed if it wasn't for some "outside" interference, if you know what I mean.

naran6142
03-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I'll except that lucy is a Templar but i still think it was a bad story move, there was like no foreshadowing of this. during TLA, the part with the stage, they were just listing a bunch of points so that we couldn't argue the fact that she was a Templar... It felt a little rushed and forced IMO

I just don't really see it as a necessary plot twist.... but oh well

E-Zekiel
03-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that, since according to TLA he had planned from the start for S16 to be able to snoop around, he planned that.

Yeah, it's explained in the DLC that everything Desmond was allowed to know was deliberate.

That's kind of in line with part of the Creed. "Nothing is true". Nothing can be accepted as absolute truth, because often we only know what we are permitted to know.

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I'll except that lucy is a Templar but i still think it was a bad story move, there was like no foreshadowing of this. during TLA, the part with the stage, they were just listing a bunch of points so that we couldn't argue the fact that she was a Templar... It felt a little rushed and forced IMO

It's not obligatory to foreshadow something but I actually think that they foreshadowed her betrayal in Brotherhood with the red trail, the white van and that particular time she was missing in Monterigionni.

People here around that time were talking about the possibility of her being a traitor too, a lot I might add, especially concerning the red trail.

WhiteSheWolf
03-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Exactly! Yes, I agree with Gil that we have been told the series of events that supposedly happened; but rightly or wrongly they just all feel suspicious to me. Since the beginning of Revelations everything in the modern day felt very rushed and just sort of thrown together. The end of ACB was such a big WTF moment, and they barely spend any time explaining it when Revelations begins. The whole situation just feels fishy to me.

Also, the fact that we only found out about Lucy inside of Clay's fragmented mind just seems....strange? I know there are other hints people have been pulling out to make the end of brotherhood and Lucy's betrayal make sense, but those clues were vague if they were clues at all.

CanterburyTales
03-04-2012, 11:37 PM

I agree that it was a bad move. It looks as if they decided to retroactively make her a Templar and retroactively make all of the things Lucy and Vidic did from AC 1 to the end of AC 2 part of some gambit, one that, IMO, is a LOT to buy. That, and Lucy's reasons for siding with the Templars (see my previous posts for details).

Gil_217
03-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree that it was a bad move. It looks as if they decided to retroactively decided to make her a Templar and retroactively make all of the things Lucy and Vidic did from AC 1 to the end of AC 2 part of some gambit, one that, IMO, is a LOT to buy. That, and Lucy's reasons for siding with the Templars (see my previous posts for details).

At first, I was like you are now, a little confused about her motives but think about it.

- She infiltrated Abstergo when she was between 17-22 years old, something like that, I think the Assassin's were reckless in sending her to Abstergo when she was so young, she obviously wasn't prepared and trained enough for the mission.

-After some time there, she started to feel alone, regarding the Assassin's, and don't come with what you said earlier about "she should have know it was supposed to be that way" (I actually said this too when I first knew of this) because one thing is saying it, the other is doing it.

- From this point on, she was obviously mentally weak, (I think she basically was lacking someone to talk to, a support) and adding to this Vidic's persuasive and manipulative personality, and the possibility of Vidic staging that attack Lucy described to Desmond in Assassin's Creed when three men invaded her apartment with the intent of killing her only for Vidic to appear and save her.

All of this led her into finding in Vidic a support of some kind, and that's why she probably changed sides, along of course with Vidic basically "brainwashing" her into making the Templars the good ones, and the Assassin's the bad guys.

When you're Vidic, you can do everything.

goclo822
03-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Yea I definitely believe Vidic manipulated the whole thing. There is a reason why he is one of the highest Templar's. He is coy and clever. I'm sure he knew how to work with Lucy's emotions and doubts once he spent time with her and found out both her weaknesses and her true alliance. He knew exactly how to manipulate and deceive her into thinking he was good.

I personally don't think Lucy fully believed that the Templar's were doing the best for the world. I think that is just what she wanted to believe because she wanted to stay loyal to Vidic because she felt as though Vidic was the only one who showed any sort of humanity based on his kindness towards her and she figured he must be on the good side, the side that cares about humans. I mean, when you have William to compare him to, the guy who was apparently a very cold person and probably treated her as nothing more than a tool, it makes sense that she would think Vidic was the good one. She probably let her feelings toward William and Vidic cloud her judgement and based her view of the Assassin's and the Templars on her feelings towards them.

However despite that, I think she later let those feelings slide when she met Desmond and started seeing Vidic's true colors. I do believe that she still cared about Desmond despite the fact that she was a Templar and he was an Assassin, simply because he cared about her. I don't think Lucy really cared what side she was on, I think she just wanted to be on the side that cared about her the most. So I don't think she held the fact that Desmond was an Assassin against him.

Agreed. The whole theater moment in the DLC felt very forced and rushed and the revelation of this storyline was done in a very unnatural way. Even though there has always been speculation that Lucy was a Templar, it doesn't feel like that is where they intended to take her character, The way they dragged out the storyline and revealed it was just done so strangely. If this storyline had been planned all along, you'd think they would have had more in regards to it than just a crappy DLC. It would have and should have been done much differently. It felt more like they just had to cover their asses because they couldn't get Kristen Bell back or something like that so they had to come up with some quick and very rushed storyline to fix plotholes and close off her character.

nightcobra
03-05-2012, 01:00 PM
i'm kinda veering onto the possibility that vidic instilled in lucy a case of Stockholm syndrome by isolating her after her capture and keeping her hidden from the assassins for a while.
any human being has its breaking point and vidic might have just found hers.

Dejan507
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Wait a second, Lucy probably knew of the hideout they were in in AC2, she told Vidic about it (or contacted him once she was there) so thats how he found them at the end of AC2. But what I don't understand now is, why did Lucy fight alongside Desmong against Templars? It doesn't make sense?

nightcobra
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Wait a second, Lucy probably knew of the hideout they were in in AC2, she told Vidic about it (or contacted him once she was there) so thats how he found them at the end of AC2. But what I don't understand now is, why did Lucy fight alongside Desmong against Templars? It doesn't make sense?

they were just security guards with batons so i'm going out on a limb and say vidic just wanted to appraise's desmond's development after his time with the animus to see if he was progressing better than 16 and able to find what they're after.
lucy just fought alongside him as to keep her cover and continue her mission to retrieve the piece of eden.

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Hellooooooooooo she had to be convincing ????

Dejan507
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
It doesnt make sense. If he wanted to see if desmond's progressing he could as Lucy or something, not slowing down their whole process by destroying their hideout.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:07 PM
It doesnt make sense. If he wanted to see if desmond's progressing he could as Lucy or something, not slowing down their whole process by destroying their hideout.

Risking that would've been stupid (thus unconvincing). There's a difference between seeing how well his training has come along and letting him fight a bunch of Templars on his own when you have a perfectly well trained assassin to fight along.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Wait a second, Lucy probably knew of the hideout they were in in AC2, she told Vidic about it (or contacted him once she was there) so thats how he found them at the end of AC2. But what I don't understand now is, why did Lucy fight alongside Desmond against Templars? It doesn't make sense?

I'm sorry but this has to be the worst question/post that I ever saw around here.

You have a brain you know, what about using it once in a while!

Assassin_M
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry but this has to be the worst question/post that I ever saw around here.

Be nice to others..

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Risking that would've been stupid (thus unconvincing). There's a difference between seeing how well his training has come along and letting him fight a bunch of Templars on his own when you have a perfectly well trained assassin to fight along.

Don't forget that he probably went there to get the video tapes regarding Ezio's memories. It's not confirmed though, he could have done this in Brotherhood too.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Be nice to others..

Yeah you're right, it was a bit to much. I'm sorry.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't forget that he probably went there to get the video tapes regarding Ezio's memories. It's not confirmed though, he could have done this in Brotherhood too.

Would explain Lucy's mysterious disappearance and the van Rebecca was talking about.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Would explain Lucy's mysterious disappearance and the van Rebecca was talking about.

Yeah.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I wonder how much of an advantage the Assassins have at this point.

nightcobra
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
makes me think if desmond can use the nexus of time to get some closure with lucy, a way for him to talk with her in her last moments ending their scene with desmond saying "rest in peace"(much like how altair and ezio did when killing their target) as his past self strikes lucy.

at least it sounds good in my head :rolleyes:

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I wonder how much of an advantage the Assassins have at this point.

If it wasn't for Juno, I think their future would not look very promising. The Templars would own them pretty bad.

And then, the Templars would get their *** cooked by the sun.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
If it wasn't for Juno, I think their future will not look very promising. The Templars would own them pretty bad.

And then, the Templars would get their *** kicked by the sun.

Yeah. I wonder if the Templars are aware yet that Lucy is dead.

nightcobra
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM

taking vidic's amazing hindsight into consideration, i think he would have chalked lucy's lack of contact into her being dead or turned into a liability already.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Well, I guess they have no idea what's going on with Lucy, but who knows? They are more smart than we can think of.

I mean, I don't see (without much thinking at the moment by the way) how they could possible be aware of that.

In the Multiplayer in Revelations, Vidic said that Daniel is their second best agent, so I'm pretty sure they were referring to Lucy as being the number one, if you know what I mean of course.

LightRey
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, I guess they have no idea what's going on with Lucy, but who knows? They are more smart than we can think of.

I mean, I don't see (without much thinking at the moment by the way) how they could possible be aware of that.

In the Multiplayer in Revelations, Vidic said that Daniel is their second best agent, so I'm pretty sure they were referring to Lucy as being the number one, if you know what I mean of course.

Yeah, that does appear to be the case. Vidic did basically suggest she should kill William when presented with the opportunity, so it's likely she was the agent he was referring to.

taking vidic's amazing hindsight into consideration, i think he would have chalked lucy's lack of contact into her being dead or turned into a liability already.

But we don't know how frequently they communicated with each other. For all we know Vidic wasn't planning on getting in contact with her until she got the apple and who knows when he was expecting that to happen?

Dejan507
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM

I may not have expressed myself right, but that is no reason to say such thing

What I thought was confusing is that they did not have the apple's location at that point, so it made no sense why the Templars would come after them so early, they could've waited for them to finish and find the apple (That is what they wanted after all, not make desmond some kind of super trained assassin) and then break up their hideout..

E-Zekiel
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I kind of think the Lucy thing was sort of a last-minute adjustment to Kristen Bell declining to continue voice acting for Lucy.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Don't misunderstand me - I still think the story is really good, but there are a few holes imo. She WAS kind of uneasy, after all. She was legitimately falling for Desmond and not ok with what was going on. I am just hoping that Desmond saw what we saw in the Lost Archive so that he can have a sense of understanding and closure.

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I may not have expressed myself right, but that is no reason to say such thing

What I thought was confusing is that they did not have the apple's location at that point, so it made no sense why the Templars would come after them so early, they could've waited for them to finish and find the apple (That is what they wanted after all, not make desmond some kind of super trained assassin) and then break up their hideout..

Actually, when I said that, I was aiming at you questioning why Lucy was fighting alongside the Assassin's against the Templars when she's in fact a Templar at the very end of Assassin's Creed II. Isn't it obvious?

With this said, I apologize to you for my harsh and offensive comments regarding your person.

Respectfully

Gil_217

JCearlyyears
03-05-2012, 09:20 PM
How does eagle vision work? Is it like advaced organizational color coding? In all the ac games besides revelations, she is colored blue, never red. Vidic is red but not her. What's up with that?

LightRey
03-05-2012, 09:23 PM
How does eagle vision work? Is it like advaced organizational color coding? In all the ac games besides revelations, she is colored blue, never red. Vidic is red but not her. What's up with that?

If we knew that...

Dejan507
03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Actually, when I said that, I was aiming at you questioning why Lucy was fighting alongside the Assassin's against the Templars when she's in fact a Templar at the very end of Assassin's Creed II. Isn't it obvious?

With this said, I apologize to you for my harsh and offensive comments regarding your person.

Respectfully

Gil_217

Why do you sing your posts, it says quite clearly on top from whom its from :p
I had to..

LightRey
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I had to..
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

Gil_217
03-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I had to..

It was the second time I did that and I just knew this time someone would going to say that. Thank you for proving me right. LOL

CanterburyTales
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM
At first, I was like you are now, a little confused about her motives but think about it.

- She infiltrated Abstergo when she was between 17-22 years old, something like that, I think the Assassin's were reckless in sending her to Abstergo when she was so young, she obviously wasn't prepared and trained enough for the mission.

-After some time there, she started to feel alone, regarding the Assassin's, and don't come with what you said earlier about "she should have know it was supposed to be that way" (I actually said this too when I first knew of this) because one thing is saying it, the other is doing it.

- From this point on, she was obviously mentally weak, (I think she basically was lacking someone to talk to, a support) and adding to this Vidic's persuasive and manipulative personality, and the possibility of Vidic staging that attack Lucy described to Desmond in Assassin's Creed when three men invaded her apartment with the intent of killing her only for Vidic to appear and save her.

All of this led her into finding in Vidic a support of some kind, and that's why she probably changed sides, along of course with Vidic basically "brainwashing" her into making the Templars the good ones, and the Assassin's the bad guys.

When you're Vidic, you can do everything.

You make some good points, but not all of them, and I still think they shouldn't have made her a Templar. The Lost Archive DLC, IMHO, turns the Lucy we always knew (who was smart, caring, and sincere with Desmond) into a dumb, deceitful, manipulative and traitorous little b*tch. To me, the extent of this deception would require every single step to be planned out by the time Desmond arrived at the Animus lab and any misstep could potentially ruin the whole thing. This really stretches my suspension of disbelief.

I guess my biggest problem with making Lucy a Templar double agent and/or killing her was that, well, I really liked Lucy. I'm sure that may have been the point, but it almost seems like it was done as an afterthought.

Ugh, the limitations of text-only communications really irritates me. I'm much more comfortable talking face-to-face.

"YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LUCY!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc)"

goclo822
03-07-2012, 04:56 AM
You make some good points, but not all of them, and I still think they shouldn't have made her a Templar. The Lost Archive DLC, IMHO, turns the Lucy we always knew (who was smart, caring, and sincere with Desmond) into a dumb, deceitful, manipulative and traitorous little b*tch. To me, the extent of this deception would require every single step to be planned out by the time Desmond arrived the Animus lab and any misstep could potentially ruin the whole thing. This really stretches my suspension of disbelief.

I guess my biggest problem with making Lucy a Templar double agent and/or killing her was that, well, I really liked Lucy. I'm sure that was the point, but it almost seems like it was done as an afterthought.

Ugh, the limitations of text-only communications really irritates me. I'm much more comfortable talking face-to-face.

"YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LUCY!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc)"

This so much. And it's frustrating that they got us so attached to this character just for them to either change their plan for her last minute into something so OOC for her character, or they knowingly made us like a character they always planned to screw over in the end. Whether it was planned or not, it was a crappy move and they could have done something much better. If they always planned to make her a templar, why not make her a sleep agent so that she at least was still somewhat good? If they didn't plan on making her a templar and they just couldn't get Kristen Bell back or something like that, they could have taken her out without totally ruining her character.

Yeah, that does appear to be the case. Vidic did basically suggest she should kill William when presented with the opportunity, so it's likely she was the agent he was referring to.
Yea plus William is their main target. It makes sense for them to send their best agent after their first target.