PDA

View Full Version : Ac 3 gi full issue scans

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
[LINK REMOVED]
dear god. this game is definitely the squeal we have been waiting for.

Magazine scans are prohibited from being posted on the forum. Sorry. Pick up a copy at GameStop and read it.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
^ this I did.

PR030T
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
^ indeed.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
They didn't say much about Desmond's side of the story! What's up?!

kriegerdesgottes
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
You are my new hero. Now I don't have to wait for my GI to come in the mail

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
i think my brain has collapsed at reading this... 3 years defiantly seems to be worth it now.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
They didn't say much about Desmond's side of the story! What's up?!

That's the special part.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If you know what I mean..png

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg

This I really did :O

kosmoscreed
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Site is down, can someone upload the scans?.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
But they DID say there will be significant events involving Desmond.

PR030T
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I managed to view the first 12 before it was taken down, shouldve viewed them all quickly so I could read them now :(

YuurHeen
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:O:O:O:O

nice. its illegal of course since most info belongs to game informer and is to be released after monday but i dont give a (something)

it sounds exactly how i want it to be.

and no we are not getting any real info on desmond is my guess just like previous games.

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
man they toook them down =( . Someone find another site . I wanna see it

TorQue1988
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh man i really wanted to see those scans...
Could someone sum up some details please?

gmoney8869
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.

InfectedNation
[LINK REMOVED]

Magazine scans are prohibited from being posted on the forum. Sorry. Pick up a copy at GameStop and read it.

I live in the UK, You can't get Gameinformer here. Therefore I want my scans!!!!! Jeez.

reddragonhrcro
Oh man i really wanted to see those scans...
Could someone sum up some details please?

*cough*Capcom-Europe*cough*forum*cough*

jmk1999
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
please do not repost the scans. if you want to find them so bad... go elsewhere. we're not allowed to have them on this forum. sorry... but that's the rules. i've ran into this issue before with other games.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:O:O:O:O

nice. its illegal of course since most info belongs to game informer and is to be released after monday but i dont give a (something)

it sounds exactly how i want it to be.

and no we are not getting any real info on desmond is my guess just like previous games.
Umm..they are changing the game drastically. They SAID there will be very significant things involving him and the job he needs to do. 5 minutes of gameplay as him will NOT get that job done. People's hatred towards Desmond is unnecessary. And I am sure Desmond's gameplay will be much larger than before. They need to appeal to ALL of their fans. Lots of fans like the Desmond side of the story and want to see more of it, therefore they should not be disappointed. You aren't the only fan you know.

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 06:52 PM
- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

Good info . I NEEDS MORE THO

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Good info . I NEEDS MORE THO

We need our AC fix! D:

MarleyMon81
Is the ACIII GI mag already out?

tarrero

- Den Defense will not return.................

I am so pumped for this, I always considerd factions to be kinda "dumb" I mean, how couldyou trust a theif or a mercenaty just because....
and clime YES!!!!!

If everything goes as ubisoft says, I understand why Brotherhod and Revelations are not that good as the frist 2 games.

ShaneO7K
03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I must now hang my head in shame for having just missed these scans... :( But on a better note the screenshots are looking great.

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Is the ACIII GI mag already out?

Its out monday , some lucky people obv already have it

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I must now hang my head in shame for having just missed these scans... :( But on a better note the screenshots are looking great.

I saw them earlier but my dinner was ready and I thought I'll look at them later. I come back and they're gone...typical

egriffin09
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM

This sounds epic as epic can sound. The screens + this info has me so amped for this game.

Mr_Shade
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Guys,

Scans of magazines, or digital copies - are not allowed on the forum, as already posted.

This is due to copyright and the owners wishes.

YuurHeen
03-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Umm..they are changing the game drastically. They SAID there will be very significant things involving him and the job he needs to do. 5 minutes of gameplay as him will NOT get that job done. People's hatred towards Desmond is unnecessary. And I am sure Desmond's gameplay will be much larger than before. They need to appeal to ALL of their fans. Lots of fans like the Desmond side of the story and want to see more of it, therefore they should not be disappointed. You aren't the only fan you know.

i did not say its going to be a less part of the game. of course its going to bigger and better than before. but they will keep most of desmonds story in the dark till the launch of ac3 because its all about mysteries.

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Corey May is back writing it :D. That's one of the best news I've heard about the game :D

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 07:09 PM
New info via http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-3-info-blowout-new-engine-protagonist-information-new-camera-animus-3-0

-There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.

-The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat in to a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language in some scenes. Mohawk was the language of the native Americans.

-The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously, with the other spin-offs.

-They’re telling a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.

-The game will feature a new camera, which focuses to the best possible view of the action.

-The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 07:10 PM
i did not say its going to be a less part of the game. of course its going to bigger and better than before. but they will keep most of desmonds story in the dark till the launch of ac3 because its all about mysteries.
Sorry, I took it the wrong way. I agree though, they will probably keep it very mysterious for right now. Most of the gameplay will probably surprise us. They said a huge conspiracy is supposed to unfold.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Corey May is back writing it :D. That's one of the best news I've heard about the game :D
This game is going to be the best game to ever be made.

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I found new scans message me and ill send them to you since admins are being sooo bossy

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
New info via http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-3-info-blowout-new-engine-protagonist-information-new-camera-animus-3-0

-They’re telling a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.

The website has got that wrong. It says in the game informer article it's Assassins vs Templars. It even says that America isn't be portrayed as the good guys and Britain isn't being portrayed as solely evil.

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
So, can anyone PM me a place to read these scans? Is it on the GI site already? I'll just go subscribe. Hmm not up yet. Anyone have a link?

DavisP92
03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I KNEW IT. i was saying stuff about climbing trees and other natural environmental objects. But i was not expecting killing bears and deer. This may be the biggest and best AC yet. Can't wait to see what duel wielding and the bow are like.

Tuna...no.crust
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
There are certain ***** on a certain blog at gamekyo.com

MisTaKeZ-
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
never refreshing this page =) theres alot of stuff here and its really small . gotta ZOOM in alot lol

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 07:49 PM

This Is everything I could have hoped for and more. Sounds like It's set to be the best AC title yet. I CANT WAIT!!!

Radman500
03-02-2012, 07:51 PM
wait so connor is half-english, half-native american (born of a white english father and native american mother) but he was raised among the mohawks..

so does that mean he doesn't know his father?

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
wait so connor is half-english, half-native american (born of a white english father and native american mother) but he was raised among the mohawks..

so does that mean he doesn't know his father?

Maybe Connor was born of rape, maybe his mothers village got Invaded by Brits, maybe that's why he seeks justice. All guesses of course.

Radman500
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe Connor was born of rape, maybe his mothers village got Invaded by Brits, maybe that's why he seeks justice. All guesses of course.

it says though in the GI issue, that he is not of one culture, and that they want to explore his duality (his native side and his english side)

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Man. Just read and loved it. But they are changing quite a few things it sounds like. Mostly for the better. But no lock on? Hopefully it truly knows who you want to target. The new camera sounds amazing.

No more turtle fights? Again, awesome.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
it says though in the GI issue, that he is not of one culture, and that they want to explore his duality (his native side and his english side)

I think they meant he's not of any alliegence (If that's how its spelt) Meaning he's not on the american or british side, but fights solely for justice.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Man. Just read and loved it. But they are changing quite a few things it sounds like. Mostly for the better. But no lock on? Hopefully it truly knows who you want to target. The new camera sounds amazing.

No more turtle fights? Again, awesome.

WTF are turtle fights? sounds interesting

RzaRecta357
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
When you hold down the ****on and just block away. Now counter and defense are the same ****on. Can't just block and wait.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
When you hold down the ****on and just block away. Now counter and defense are the same ****on. Can't just block and wait.

Should make combat more challenging

Xstantin
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I hope now people won't complain about the setting.

UrDeviant1
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM

The difficulty Involves more than just how the combat system works, like detection times etc. we'll have to wait and see.

souNdwAve89
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Yeah, but I doubt it. People like to complain when things don't go their way.

rileypoole1234
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
This looks amazing. Dear God am I excited.

kalo.yanis
03-02-2012, 09:18 PM
This looks amazing. Dear God am I excited.

Mega ditto.

Because a regular ditto isn't enough.

iMBUE_
03-02-2012, 09:19 PM
- Game has been in development for three years. Possibly after the completion of Assassin's Creed II.

- A completely new ancestor of Desmond Miles.

- The name of the game’s new protagonist will be Connor (as he calls himself), although his birth name is Ratohnhake:ton. He is half English, half Native American, and is described as more of a hunter/ predatory Assassin than the likes of Ezio or Altair. He is described as a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than acting based on personal revenge. The American Revolution setting means that the supporting cast includes the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. Connor’s interaction with Washington is one of the core relationships in the game.

-Assassin’s Creed III will be set between 1753 and 1783, in and around the cities of Boston and New York. Locations like Bunker Hill, Valley Forge and Saratoga are mentioned. New York especially ties in with Desmond’s location at the conclusion of Revelations. There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16 this time around. In addition, the economic system of the game has been reformed.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%.

- Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for

them.

- Release date slated for October 30th, 2012

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are considered spin off games, BUT is canon for the universe. Ubisoft only numbers an Assassin's Creed game when there is a new ancestor AND time period.

-Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.

-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.

-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's chilhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.

-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.

-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 - Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.

-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.

-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.

-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.

-Character details:

-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.

-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.

-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.

-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.

-"It's not just going to a historical buildign now; it's going to a historical event."

-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Vallye Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, a nd hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."

-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.

-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.

-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.

-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.

-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.

-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.

-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.

-The Froniter is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.

-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.

-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.

-Connor does have a hidden blade.

-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.

-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.

-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you to go new places. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.

-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.

-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.

-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.

-There's a new Animus database known as Animus 3.0.

-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.

-There will be more platforming levels.

-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amoutn of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a valae". You can replay everything to increase your score.

-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.

-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.

-There's a new noteriety system that is more hidden and doens't penalize you for exploring risky areas.

-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.

-Don't expect more tower defense.

-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.

-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.

-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and aroudn moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.

-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.

-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, adn you can chain kills.

-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same ****on to prevent turtling.

-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.

-They want you to constantly move in battle.

-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y ****on.

-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.

-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the ****on to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.

-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.

-Game Informer really loves their animation system.

-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocapped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.

-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.

-This game has the longest dev cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.

-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which poitn they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

Xstantin
03-02-2012, 09:24 PM
^Checkpoints for 100% sync is a smart idea. Took me forever to get the DaVinci's missions in ACB.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 09:35 PM
- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%.
-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.
-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 - Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.
-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.
-The Froniter is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.
-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.
-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.
-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.
-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.
-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you to go new places. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.
-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amoutn of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a valae". You can replay everything to increase your score.
-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and aroudn moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.
-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.
-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, adn you can chain kills.
-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the ****on to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.
-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.
-This game has the longest dev cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.

I was going to make this just a few things I thought were really cool but there is too much! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL THE ABOVE!

Does anyone also think that this will include really COOL COOL parkour?! I mean, jumping over wagons, out of windows onto trees, climbing mountains etc. It just seems amazing!

goclo822
03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
- Game has been in development for three years. Possibly after the completion of Assassin's Creed II.
- A completely new ancestor of Desmond Miles.
- The name of the game’s new protagonist will be Connor (as he calls himself), although his birth name is Ratohnhake:ton. He is half English, half Native American, and is described as more of a hunter/ predatory Assassin than the likes of Ezio or Altair. He is described as a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than acting based on personal revenge. The American Revolution setting means that the supporting cast includes the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. Connor’s interaction with Washington is one of the core relationships in the game.
-Assassin’s Creed III will be set between 1753 and 1783, in and around the cities of Boston and New York. Locations like Bunker Hill, Valley Forge and Saratoga are mentioned. New York especially ties in with Desmond’s location at the conclusion of Revelations. There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16 this time around. In addition, the economic system of the game has been reformed.
- Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.
- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for
them.
- Release date slated for October 30th, 2012
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations are considered spin off games, BUT is canon for the universe. Ubisoft only numbers an Assassin's Creed game when there is a new ancestor AND time period.
-Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.
-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.
-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's chilhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.
-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.
-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.
-Character details:
-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.
-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.
-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.
-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.
-"It's not just going to a historical buildign now; it's going to a historical event."
-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Vallye Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, a nd hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."
-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.
-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.
-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.
-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.
-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.
-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.
-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.
-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.
-There's a new Animus database known as Animus 3.0.
-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.
-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.
-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.
-There's a new noteriety system that is more hidden and doens't penalize you for exploring risky areas.
-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.
-Don't expect more tower defense.
-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.
-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.
-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same ****on to prevent turtling.
-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
-They want you to constantly move in battle.
-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y ****on.
-Game Informer really loves their animation system.
-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocapped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.
-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which poitn they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

Wow thanks for this in-depth list! This is all sounds fantastic! I can't wait!!

Theassassin4756
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Really for me the gamebreaker is the Weather and Animation System overhaul. Everything else is just pure delicious icing on this beast of a cake.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow thanks for this in-depth list! This is all sounds fantastic! I can't wait!!

Lucy = Templar = Betrayed Clay = Not a hero

tarrero
03-02-2012, 10:51 PM
As far as I have seen this will be both biggest and best AC EVER, hope I wont be dissappointed.

Moultonborough
03-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Lucy = Templar = Betrayed Clay = Not a hero

Why post that? It just ruins it for others. But anyway, it looks great, I live about 2 hours from Boston and so happy about the Revolutionary War. I can't wait till October.

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
I got to see the scans before they were taken down and holy frick, I'm excited now. :D I'm so happy they've taken the time to tweak and add so many new things. Weather! Different seasons! Hunting! More fluid freerunning! Animals! New animations! Corey May as head writer! Those are the things I'm most excited about. I like the idea of being able to climb not only buildings but trees and cliffs as well. I like the fact that after five games we will have a protagonist that moves and fights differently than his predecessors. I like that snow won't just be a simple change in texture but will actually work as an obstacle. I wonder if rain will have similar effects?

The overhauls to economy, social stealth and combat sound badass. Now the only thing I need is for them to announce you will be able to remove armor and weapons at will and I can die happy.

eagleforlife1
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I got to see the scans before they were taken down and holy frick, I'm excited now. :D I'm so happy they've taken the time to tweak and add so many new things. Weather! Different seasons! Hunting! More fluid freerunning! Animals! New animations! Corey May as head writer! Those are the things I'm most excited about. I like the idea of being able to climb not only buildings but trees and cliffs as well. I like the fact that after five games we will have a protagonist that moves and fights differently than his predecessors. I like that snow won't just be a simple change in texture but will actually work as an obstacle. I wonder if rain will have similar effects?

The overhauls to economy, social stealth and combat sound badass. Now the only thing I need is for them to announce you will be able to remove armor and weapons at will and I can die happy.

Has it been stated anywhere that you can wear armour? I haven't seen any screens with Connor wearing any.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Why post that? It just ruins it for others. But anyway, it looks great, I live about 2 hours from Boston and so happy about the Revolutionary War. I can't wait till October.

Cause of his sig

jonnyrox5
03-02-2012, 11:20 PM
can someone pm me the gameinformer scans to me if they have them please?

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 11:27 PM
can someone pm me the gameinformer scans to me if they have them please?

Just google it, there are quite a few links that still have them.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
gamekyo.com has it

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Has it been stated anywhere that you can wear armour? I haven't seen any screens with Connor wearing any.

In the screens for Brotherhood we never saw Ezio wearing armor either yet when the game came out, we quickly discovered armor was unavoidable. This is one feature the fans have been complaining about for a long time, it'd be pretty stupid if the devs still aren't taking their wishes into account.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I have them, I will PM to those who want it, or rather PM me, I don't feel like going through this thread to find out right now...

Eziolala
03-03-2012, 12:49 AM
George Washington as an ally? Wasn't he portrayed as a Templar in one of the glyphs?

And I really hope that the 'Templars vs. Americans' thing is wrong because that's what I was worried about with AC3 being set in America...it being Americans = good guys, anyone else = bad guys. I've read that there are Templars on both sides (British and American), which is good, but so far from the screens I've seen it looks like the majority of the enemy will be British...hopefully it's not like that. If the main character (I've heard is name is Connor) does make allies, which he most likely will, hope he makes them on both sides.

E-Zekiel
03-03-2012, 12:53 AM
George Washington as an ally? Wasn't he portrayed as a Templar in one of the glyphs?

And I really hope that the 'Templars vs. Americans' thing is wrong because that's what I was worried about with AC3 being set in America...it being Americans = good guys, anyone else = bad guys. I've read that there are Templars on both sides (British and American), which is good, but so far from the screens I've seen it looks like the majority of the enemy will be British...hopefully it's not like that. If the main character (I've heard is name is Connor) does make allies, which he most likely will, hope he makes them on both sides.

Read this:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/661144-Those-of-you-that-think-America-is-going-to-be-glorified-in-AC3-did-you-play-AC-B

B_Crispino
03-03-2012, 04:40 AM
It's awesome. anyone else noticed the similarity in combat with batman arkham city?

Big-Boss_777
03-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Double counters O...M...G :eek: