PDA

View Full Version : Assassins and Templars

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 04:35 PM
These names of the two secret societies, were they knows as Assassins and Templars since they were formed sometime in the distant past? Or during the crusades when both the societies revealed themselves to the general populace were they named so and the name stuck since then? I think the second case is true.
Opinions? :cool:

DualFace
03-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Look up the 'Hashashin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins)' and start there to find out how far back they go.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Look up the 'Hashashin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins)' and start there to find out how far back they go.

-_____________- I know Hashashin and all that stuff. Im talking about the ingame assassins, not the real ones. There were Assassins even in Alexander's time and earlier. My question is were they called Assassins back then or something else?. Same for templars.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, since the mark of Cain is the Templar Cross and we know he most likely existed as we know that Adam and Eve existed, it is not unreasonable to suspect that he was the first Templar. This would suggest that the Templar order is ~100,000 years old (when humans started migrating from Africa), at the very least ~77,000 years old (when the disaster happened).

brick177
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I would say that they went by different names prior to the time of the Crusades. Just to fit into real history, those two names only came about in the middle ages. However, since they were founded on principles that pre-date the middle ages, they must have been called something else. The names don't make sense prior to the Knights Templar and Hashashin.

So, my take, the organizations are older than the names "Templar" and "Assassin"

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I would say that they went by different names prior to the time of the Crusades. Just to fit into real history, those two names only came about in the middle ages. However, since they were founded on principles that pre-date the middle ages, they must have been called something else. The names don't make sense prior to the Knights Templar and Hashashin.

^This. I'm aware assassins and templars have existed for a long time, but i wanted to know whether they were CALLED so all the time, or since the middle ages.