03-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Delete this thing

kalo.yanis
03-02-2012, 02:39 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 02:40 AM
]

No, look at it, similarities, circle at top.

sticks165
03-02-2012, 02:49 AM
its the assassin logo dude

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 02:56 AM
its the assassin logo dude

I know that, I mean look at the new variation of it.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193351/assassinscreed/images/thumb/4/49/Insignia_4.png/357px-Insignia_4.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193450/assassinscreed/images/7/70/Insignia_5.png
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193129/assassinscreed/images/9/97/Insignia_2.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119193238/assassinscreed/images/e/ec/Insignia_3.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119192919/assassinscreed/images/b/be/Insignia_1.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111120133227/assassinscreed/images/c/c7/Insignia_6.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119194623/assassinscreed/images/8/87/Ezio_belt.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120106140017/assassinscreed/images/5/59/Ottoman_Insignia-R.png
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120106133905/assassinscreed/images/2/23/Russian_Insignia-R.png

I know what it is, the point it, it's a new variation. A variation much like the Freemason Symbol.

D.I.D.
03-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Do Freemasons even exist in AC? If not, and the fiction replaces them all with Templars, then there are no Freemasons and no symbol.

DavisP92
03-02-2012, 03:02 AM
hey 13doctors, you need to add to the list of assassins right NOW :P

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 03:04 AM
hey 13doctors, you need to add to the list of assassins right NOW :P
YES! I'm just waiting for the entire coverage to see if they release the clean version of the Insignia.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
03-02-2012, 03:06 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

this

brick177
03-02-2012, 03:07 AM
It makes sense. Many of the founding principles of the US were in line with the Assassins'.

DavisP92
03-02-2012, 03:08 AM
YES! I'm just waiting for the entire coverage to see if they release the clean version of the Insignia.

I say the new guy should be in the center

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 03:10 AM
It makes sense. Many of the founding principles of the US were in line with the Assassins'.

like?!?!?

Grygier
03-02-2012, 03:19 AM
the dude has a tomahawk axe in his hand and a bow on his back... i'm pretty sure he is native american...

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 03:23 AM
the dude has a tomahawk axe in his hand and a bow on his back... i'm pretty sure he is native american...

Yeah, so? Doesn't mean he can't be an Assassin or Freemason, in the AC World they very well can just be another branch of Assassins, like the "Ottoman Assassins", now the "Freemason Assassins".

Jexx21
03-02-2012, 03:36 AM
You guys are being arses.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 03:37 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG
freemason assassins ? seems possible since in the ac universe we do not know if the templars ARE masons even though they most likely are...but i dont think so

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 04:54 AM
You guys are being arses.

I concur.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 05:22 AM
I think that delicate flowers should not be pulled so hard even though people tend to trample them when walking in a field of grass....

<3

BerryGT5
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
like?!?!?

freedom of beliefs
separation of church and state
freedom of speech
economic freedom
"all men created equal"

pretty sure the assassin's would have been on board with a few of these, we shall see as the story unfolds

LordWolv
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Eh, doubt it. Is possible though.

Assassin's are Assassins.
That would be like calling a pig a rabbit.
Hmm?

Eziolala
03-02-2012, 08:09 AM
freedom of beliefs
separation of church and state
freedom of speech
economic freedom
"all men created equal"

pretty sure the assassin's would have been on board with a few of these, we shall see as the story unfolds

Other countries have beliefs such as this. I feel like people are acting like the US is only place in the world where those things are valued or outly spoken about...
Eh, I hope this doesn't come across as snarky. It's too **** hot today and my laptop crapped itself so I'm not in a very good mood.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Other countries have beliefs such as this. I feel like people are acting like the US is only place in the world where those things are valued or outly spoken about...
Eh, I hope this doesn't come across as snarky. It's too **** hot today and my laptop crapped itself so I'm not in a very good mood.

Sadly yeah, that's how many people believe it to be.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 09:33 AM
... I hope you know that the assassins logo was BASED on the freemason symbol in the first place...

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
... I hope you know that the assassins logo was BASED on the freemason symbol in the first place...
Yeah in reality, but in canon, no.

Also, even that is just likely speculation, it's not confirmed at all, Ubi's said nothing.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
The first time my bro saw the Assassins logo, he exclaimed "They ripped it off the Freemasons!". He is studying history.

LightRey
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
-__-
The13Doctors, stop jumping to conclusions all the time. The variation of the Assassin Symbol on his bracer looks like an old variation of a pair of compasses such as in this picture:
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1406627_f520.jpg

However, the Freemason symbol consists of another tool frequently used in masonry, the square:
http://media-1.web.britannica.com/eb-media/08/4408-004-973411C5.gif

The complete lack of the square in his symbol means that the symbol cannot be referring to Freemasonry. A pair of compasses without a square is referring to Freemasonry as the American flag without its stars and red stripes is referring to America (i.e. a white flag with a blue rectangle).

A pair of compasses is a common tool. It could simply have a separate symbolic meaning to the Assassins, or it could simply mean that over the centuries it became clear to the Assassins that they needed to disguise it a little and that was the best way to hide its actual meaning.

Btw, don't act like you're some genius for figuring this out. You're only about the 1000th person on the forums to say this.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 10:20 AM
How am I acting like an expert? I know I'm not.

ace3001
03-02-2012, 10:30 AM
On first glance at the boxshot, that is what I thought as well. But then I actually looked at the Freemasons symbol, and it's not really similar...

LightRey
03-02-2012, 10:48 AM
How am I acting like an expert? I know I'm not.

I never used the word "expert", I said "genius", referring to your OP:
"Followed intuition, checked it out, Bam!".

This resemblance is not news to us.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Spider Man was a Freemanson.....

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I never used the word "expert", I said "genius", referring to your OP:
"Followed intuition, checked it out, Bam!".

This resemblance is not news to us.

Buzzkill.

The image was released less than 24 hours ago, I can't have a single theory without you saying I'm jumping to conclusions.

I have read almost every single post since it was revealed, not a single person made note of this insignia looking like the freemason symbol.
I never said or implied I figured it out and doing so barely makes anyone a genius.

It hasn't been talked about before, sure maybe you made note of it, but you don't speak for everyone.

EscoBlades
03-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Buzzkill.

The image was released less than 24 hours ago, I can't have a single theory without you saying I'm jumping to conclusions.

I have read almost every single post since it was revealed, not a single person made note of this insignia looking like the freemason symbol.
I never said or implied I figured it out and doing so barely makes anyone a genius.

It hasn't been talked about before, sure maybe you made note of it, but you don't speak for everyone.

Without sounding like an ***, it has been discussed before. The Assassin symbol bears resemblance to the Freemason symbol. ANY Assassin symbol of any era, will look like the latter. We've talked it to death on the forums before. That was Lightrey's point.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
^(what an ***)

j/k :D

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Without sounding like an ***, it has been discussed before. The Assassin symbol bears resemblance to the Freemason symbol. ANY Assassin symbol of any era, will look like the latter. We've talked it to death on the forums before. That was Lightrey's point.

I made note of that in my second post, the fact that this one looks extremely similar and it is in the era of the Freemasons is what I'm getting at.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 02:05 PM
In the AC world freemason's wouldn't have come about till this time whilst the Assassins have been using this logo for some time. Could be possible our new protagonist during his adventures helped influence the originators of the freemasons.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM
In the AC world freemason's wouldn't have come about till this time whilst the Assassins have been using this logo for some time. Could be possible our new protagonist during his adventures helped influence the originators of the freemasons.

As I clarified in my second post, this seems like a Variation of the Assassin Insignia based on the Freemasons...

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

DualFace
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Hahahah, this far into the series and this is the kind of threads that are being created here!? Wow, people. Wow.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

That this is the Freemason Variant of the Assassin Insignia. Interesting idea of having him help start them though...

LightRey
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
That this is the Freemason Variant of the Assassin Insignia. Interesting idea of having him help start them though...

A theoretical possibility, but it would contradict the very nature of Freemasonry.

sticks165
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM

this ^

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
hmm some of the arguments make sense, but what throws off all speculations is that George Washington was in reality a mason and in the ac universe a templar.
let us use some logics here

If the square is associated with masonry and G.W was a templar then all templars are masons

If the square is associated with masonry and The Assassin's symbol was masonic then assassins must be templars too

some of doctors arguments might contradict exactly what the assassins might stand for unless we see the assassins in this game unite with the templars and call it peace time for a while

therefore concluding that in the lost archives, s16, in the memory with the assassin's symbol around the abstergo symbol, was trying to tell us something more than what we were shown with lucy's affiliation. i.e assassasins and templars are one in the same just in a heated debate for the past 300 years .....hopefully this makes sense lol :D

LightRey
03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
hmm some of the arguments make sense, but what throws off all speculations is that George Washington was in reality a mason and in the ac universe a templar.
let us use some logics here

If the square is associated with masonry and G.W was a templar then all templars are masons

If the square is associated with masonry and The Assassin's symbol was masonic then assassins must be templars too

some of doctors arguments might contradict exactly what the assassins might stand for unless we see the assassins in this game unite with the templars and call it peace time for a while

therefore concluding that in the lost archives, s16, in the memory with the assassin's symbol around the abstergo symbol, was trying to tell us something more than what we were shown with lucy's affiliation. i.e assassasins and templars are one in the same just in a heated debate for the past 300 years .....hopefully this makes sense lol :D

Actually, you're wrong. We've checked our sources. There's no conclusive evidence to suggest that George Washington was a Templar. Your entire argument about how our argument falls apart falls apart.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Actually, you're wrong. We've checked our sources. There's no conclusive evidence to suggest that George Washington was a Templar. Your entire argument about how our argument falls apart falls apart.

:'( you are right I saw the assassins creed wiki.....wel isn't that fancy how logics work now huh :D well then I guess its safe to assume that (Through the discourse of method by rene descartes )
then the only possible reason is then that the templars , assassins , and masons, are all seperate entities? BEGIN HUNCH: then masons are most likely unfluenced by both parties? i.e freemason assassin's and freemason templars are a possibility :END HUNCH

I think I am with doctor on this...but I need to read the discussions again to be sure....

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Yah AC wiki is a great read. Deff the second place I go, after LightRey of coarse ;)

LightRey
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
:'( you are right I saw the assassins creed wiki.....wel isn't that fancy how logics work now huh :D well then I guess its safe to assume that (Through the discourse of method by rene descartes )
then the only possible reason is then that the templars , assassins , and masons, are all seperate entities? BEGIN HUNCH: then masons are most likely unfluenced by both parties? :END HUNCH

Well according to some leaked info, Washington is actually one of the main allies, so he's likely not a Templar (or he is one and he betrays the Assassins at some point in the game).

Mutley_Rulz
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Confused. The US' founding principles were in line with the Assassins', but their leadership consistently used a POE?

edit: nvm. Did what I always do and forgot to look at the most recent posts.

However, the US leadership from Washington-onwards owned a POE and passed it down through presidential leadership.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
No I play the console games as well as read what info is out there.

Like you I'll post nonsense and get called out for it. Such is the life of the internets, where were you trying to go with this?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Confused. The US' founding principles were in line with the Assassins', but their leadership consistently used a POE?

yeah...it makes sense, jesus had a PoE doesn't mean he was an assassins or templar.... same goes for G.W MAYBE and I enphasise MAYBE since america with all that talk about freedom was either influenced by assassins or he was indeed a mason and an assassin or maybe masons don't exist in the ac universe lol but yes he did have a PoE and he was americas leading general in the revolution...

LightRey
03-02-2012, 07:24 PM

We don't really know just how much he used the PoE or what he used it for. Both Ezio and Alta´r used their PoE's to quite an extent, but never to manipulate the masses.

I would now like to point out that since the main character grew up in a Native American environment, it is unlikely he was a Freemason.

zerocooll21
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
LOL I didn't even know you could do that. Horse's calm man, I wasn't starting anything. Although I might take you up on some "cyber" ;)

g_cracker27
03-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Guys i think altair might be a freemason too!!!!! I was replaying AC1 and I noticed he had this thing on his chest that looked vaguely like the freemason compass!!!!!!!!!!
*facepalm*

kalo.yanis
03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Guys i think altair might be a freemason too!!!!! I was replaying AC1 and I noticed he had this thing on his chest that looked vaguely like the freemason compass!!!!!!!!!!
*facepalm*

Some people call it a triangle.

http://creativeuncut.com/gallery-04/art/ac-altair8.jpg

The13Doctors
03-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Delete this thread please.