PDA

View Full Version : Editions

burtie80
03-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Ok so now we have offical artwork and know where the game will be set Iam already thinking of what diffrent editions we will get....I know there will be like a million diffrent versions but I do love them. ACB Codex and ACR Animus editions were my fave so I wonder what treats we will get this time around?
:D

JumpInTheFire13
03-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Europe will get an amazing special edition and North America will get crap. As always.

Captain Tomatoz
03-02-2012, 02:39 AM
I hope they include a statue with one of the editions. And an art book. They will probably also include a special short film that they will inevitably make :D

kriegerdesgottes
03-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Europe will get an amazing special edition and North America will get crap. As always.

I don't know. This might finally be our turn to not get screwed by Ubisoft. I would think they would want to appeal to American gamers with this game and give us a chance to have a SE that doesn't blow. We haven't had a decent one since ACII so I'm hopeful we might get something good this time.

SixKeys
03-02-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm going to be very wary of the special editions after having been burned by the last two. As a PC player I paid a lot to get the "exclusive" stuff like MP characters for ACB, only for Ubisoft to release all of it to console players for free 10 days before the PC version came out. ACR's exclusive stuff wasn't even worthwhile as the "soundtrack" turned out to be just a Best of AC collection, the multiplayer is broken and Vlad the Impaler's prison was short and boring. Unless AC3's special edition comes with something cool like the AC2 statue, I'll just go for the regular edition this time.

burtie80
03-02-2012, 02:59 AM
Well iam in the UK so I cant complain, but I do feel sorry for you US guys who get the short straw...I hate it when it happens with other games and you guys get the good stuff.
I just hope we get a cool box, I loved the codex box from ACB lolz

JumpInTheFire13
03-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Another thing I'd like to say about special editions is that I don't think I will ever preorder from gamestop again. They make you think that you are getting a bunch of special "exclusive" in game items when you preorder (for example: multiplayer skins, upgraded weapon capacities, and secret locations), but then these are all released months later with a single-player DLC that I would purchase anyways. I really don't see the point.

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 04:38 AM
Another thing I'd like to say about special editions is that I don't think I will ever preorder from gamestop again. They make you think that you are getting a bunch of special "exclusive" in game items when you preorder (for example: multiplayer skins, upgraded weapon capacities, and secret locations), but then these are all released months later with a single-player DLC that I would purchase anyways. I really don't see the point.

Well, it's the point of preordering in the first place, to get it first, to enjoy it first. Same could go for the price, if you wait a year it will be half off so what's the point of buying it at launch?

Jexx21
03-02-2012, 04:40 AM
I would freak if pre-order bonuses weren't made available as DLC later on.

pirate1802
03-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Well, the place where I live, i have no chance of getting the special edition without significant hassle -___-"

The13Doctors
03-02-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm going to Europe this year, I will plan the trip for October and buy the game over there, will I be able to use a game from there in my American PC?

AnthonyA85
03-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Well, the only thing i found disappointing in the Animus Edition, was the lack of a proper 3 disc soundtrack. And I really didn't have any problems ordering it from gamestop.

Though I am interested to see what they'll do for special editions this time round. Hopefully, they'll include the proper, full soundtrack this time (I don't know why they skipped it in Revelations though, all we got was a "best of", with almost nothing from revelations.

EDIT:

@The13Doctors

Yes, provided you get an english language version of the game, you shouldn't have any problem playing it on a PC, no matter where that PC is. It's only consoles that are region locked.