PDA

View Full Version : America- Your Thoughts?

Dieinthedark
03-01-2012, 11:47 PM
So yeah, really simple. ACIII in America, do you think it'll be a good setting, bad setting, undecided or whatever else. NOTE; THIS POLL IS ONLY ABOUT THE SETTING NOT THE GAME OVERALL OR THE GAME MECHANICS JUST THE SETTING!

mushroom100
03-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I think it has the potential to be good but I really hope they don't fall into the trap of portraying america as the country of awesome that we've seen in so many other games...

brick177
03-01-2012, 11:49 PM
The cities were all Imperial Style back then, almost identical to the styles being built in London and Paris. If they have several major cities, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Montreal, with the new additions of open space and forts in between, I think we'll have a solid improvement over AC2 as far as environment.

RebeccaLH
03-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Im quite disapointed.
But it should be good either way.

brick177
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I think it has the potential to be good but I really hope they don't fall into the trap of portraying america as the country of awesome that we've seen in so many other games...

I understand the fear here, but I don't think we've seen Colonial America in many other games.

mushroom100
03-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Hmm, yes, my only hope for the locations is that they're not just straight roads like the ones we see in so many cities today, I want more locations like florence!

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes, all good, really looking forward to it.

There are loads of locations floating around my head, but I'm happy to wait for those.

Dieinthedark
03-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I just have my doubts that it will be as "rich" of a setting as the European cities.

mushroom100
03-01-2012, 11:57 PM
yeah that was my worry too, I want a more colourful setting that really takes advantage of the good graphics. and some smaller areas like tuscany would be cool again too!

brick177
It may be that the "richness" comes in the natural scapes more than the cities too. Rock and tree climbing anyone?

Acrimonious_Nin

I agree, but the problem here is this, if they end up portraying american objectively or as people that are just bent on controlling the world, an assassins guild in the states, yeah thats awesome. America just is awesome because of that pic already XD

Dieinthedark
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
If they could pull it off i'd try it but honestly I don't know...^

burtie80
03-02-2012, 02:00 AM
If you think back to AC1there was a much grittier and realistic feel to it, but it was still rich in its own way, AC2, ACB and ACR had a more vibrant feeling but I think they lost some of the realistic feeling. Hopefully AC3 will take it back to how it was originaly.

breedlove94
03-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Was really hoping for French Revolution. Storywise it could fit better: Robspierre was originally a friend to the Assassins, but he betrays them and use a PoE to create the Cult of the Supreme Being and the Reign of Terror. His attempted "suicide" would actually be the ancestor stabbing the hidden blade through his cheek. Though I'm still pretty pumped for the American Revolution, especially to see how Ubisoft handles the Freemason ties to all the Founding Fathers

burtie80
03-02-2012, 02:16 AM
I remember when AC2 was first shown that it was going to be in Italy and I wasnt very exited about it because it was so diffrent from AC1. It quickily grew on me and I soon loved it. Iam sure the same will happen with AC3

tarrero
03-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Full potential in terms of plot
Worried about climbing and architecture.

breedlove94
03-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Full potential in terms of plot
Worried about climbing and architecture.
THIS is my main concern. There can't be many buildings that are taller than 3 stories in colonial America

LionHeart XXII
03-02-2012, 02:24 AM
yeah, im really curious how they handle the cities in this game. Also, nowhere does it say that game takes place entirly in the U.S., maybe our assassin could travel to the U.K. at some point too. What cities do you guys think we'll go to anyway. Concidering the time period, there's not too many we can go to that would fit the typical city size for an assassin's creed game

breedlove94
03-02-2012, 02:27 AM
What cities do you guys think we'll go to anyway. Concidering the time period, there's not too many we can go to that would fit the typical city size for an assassin's creed game
I believe they'll be multiple cities like AC1 and AC2. Boston for sure, Philadelphia is also highly likely, possibly New York City, and maybe Charlotte North Carolina or Baltimore

luckyto
03-02-2012, 02:34 AM
I had said that America is the last place I want an AC game, but after seeing the concept and cover art; I'm really excited.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

This is the underlying principle of the Creed. Self-governance. Freedom to choose how to live one's life. The Templar world is Tyranny and strength through arms; but what the Assassin's Order stands for is government by the people, of the people and for the people.

Now we can philosophize endlessly about the tyranny in the guise of Republic that America has become; but when you talk about the American Revolution --- this is the core driving force of the Founding Fathers and this time period.... opposition to Tyranny and Freedom of the Individual.