PDA

View Full Version : Official Statement concerning Assassin's Creed III

Mr_Shade
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
"We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin's Creed III on Monday March 5th at 5pm."

So get ready time zone is GMT ;)

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9756/ac3pc2dnorating03.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6875/ac3ps32dnorating03.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2605/ac3x3602dnorating03.jpg

Rating to be confirmed.

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
huh, alright then. Interesting...

freddie_1897
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Holy, F*****g S**TBALLS, THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME, not sure about the bow and arrow though

EDIT: 5pm? what time zone?

eagleforlife1
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Can't wait...!

ShaneO7K
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Holy, F*****g S**TBALLS, THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME, not sure about the bow and arrow though

UK.

ThiagoRichter
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Brace yourselves, the longest 4 days of the year are coming.

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM

probably eastern

Jamison_J_B
03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I seriously hope you guys make Desmond's final game worthwhile.

pacmanate
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
WOOO! That looks cool, I love his attire! One that I will not be spoiling with knight armour ;)

freddie_1897
03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
quickly followed by the longest 8 months of the year ...

j0kay
03-01-2012, 06:53 PM
No hidden blade? I think this game won't feature social stealth in any way.

pacmanate
03-01-2012, 06:54 PM
quickly followed by the longest 8 months of the year ...

Quickly followed by the longest day before release....

pacmanate
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
No hidden blade? I think this game won't feature social stealth in any way.

Left hand in the air with the tomohawk, you can see the casing/rail(?) of the hidden blade. They wouldnt remove the hidden blade, its an iconic assassin weapon.

freddie_1897
03-01-2012, 07:02 PM
you can see he has a gun in its holster, why would they get rid of the hidden gun? its more stealthy and you can do gun counters using a sword with it :(

n00bfi_97
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Well, at first, I thought that the American Revolution wouldn´t be a good setting, but this looks pretty badass. The snow really makes it stand out. I´m also psyched as to how the MP will be like too :D

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:19 PM
From the Game Informer article....

"Ever since the conclusion of Assassin's Creed II, a senior team of Ubisoft developers has been secretly toiling away on what comes next. That team aimed high, with plans to examine and rethink every element of the franchise from the ground up, build something new, and take a full three year development cycle to do it."

I wonder how different this game will be? It's not like they are just re-using gameplay and graphics from the previous games.

brick177
03-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe vaster amounts of territory. More cities. A storyline that's affected by your actions in the game. We are talking about a war, perhaps some epic battles?

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Ya know, I'm starting to think that you might be helping both sides.

The box art has you in the middle of the two groups.

Idk.. Just a thought.

freddie_1897
03-01-2012, 07:41 PM
hang on, by the fact that he's killing a redcoat we can tell that we will be fighting on the side of america, against the british empire, this means that we can assume the british empire are ruled by the Templars, however i read somewhere that the british were an assassin led country, so therefore, after you have killed the main templar on the British empires side, the templar control of Britain will be replaced by the assassins shortly after, possibly leading to a future game during the french revolution were the templar order in france are overthrown, shortly after that, A templar leader known as Napoleon Bonaparte begins his Empire, leading to ANOTHER possible game set in Victorian london,during the triumph against the French, and you are on the side of Admiral Nelson against Napoleon.

brick177
03-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Both sides is a possibility. The Native Americans acted as mercenaries for both sides at one point or another.

ThePheonix1030
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
New character? New setting? American flag?

I already approve this game. Good riddance, Ezio.

YuurHeen
03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
so there is already a pc version of the box. my question is: do we this time have a better chance to get the pc version at the same time as the console version?

pacmanate
03-01-2012, 07:58 PM
so there is already a pc version of the box. my question is: do we this time have a better chance to get the pc version at the same time as the console version?

Purely because they have been working on this for 3 years, I would have to say yes, it would release at the same time

kalo.yanis
03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I squealed. And jumped.

Oh god...

freddie_1897
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
i swear, if this thread turns into an argument about why the USA are better than Britain ill go and kill myself

MasterAssasin84
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Excited yes !!! , slightly concerned ? most definatley, the only thing thats niggling at the back of my mind is that i hope to god that ubi does not leave out big details that assassins creed is known for such the blade and bracer ? in any case i am very excited though i am going to miss Ezio Auditore as i have grown quite attached to him.

@NBST i find it very sad how some people start making comments about why the US is better than the UK or so on , id much prefer debating the details of the game rathet than the location lol !

SupremeCaptain
03-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Hah, I thought I'd be hyped but it seems ACR has killed all my interest in the series. I wish I never brought that game.

Wait, didn't Ubisoft say that they will never set AC in time periods like this?

brick177
03-01-2012, 08:56 PM
They said they would never make an AC game in a time period that has been overused by other games. This would not fall under that category as I don't know any that are set during this time period.

matheus_737
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
guys i'm very happy with the comments about the next game of course this will be a great great game, i disagree to time period but I'm glad with the images i saw and the rich history about that era so, i hope this new ancestor been like Altair and Ezio !!!!

AN immortal ac character!!!

SupremeCaptain
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
They said they would never make an AC game in a time period that has been overused by other games. This would not fall under that category as I don't know any that are set during this time period.

I see. Thanks.

Let's hope they do this right.

brick177
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I see. Thanks.

Let's hope they do this right.

You're welcome. I think they originally said that to dispell rumors of a possible WWI or WWII setting.

naran6142
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
3 years of development... This makes me happy :D

POP1Fan
03-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Well, judging by the box art, because the new guy stands in the middle of the ongoing battle i think he is going to be neutral.Maybe something like Revelations.In some parts he would have to kill Brits, in some he would have to kill Americans just like with the Ottoman and the Byzantine.

brick177
03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Crusaders vs. Saracens, Catholic Church vs. Aristocracy, Ottomans vs. Byzantines. Assassins always in the middle. Don't think it will change with this.

ac4ev
03-01-2012, 11:07 PM
did anyone else notice the tomahawk is shaped like the assassins symbol!!

GeneralTrumbo
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
What does everyone think the game will start off like?

brick177
03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Desmond and company entering the Grand Temple in New York and facing some obstacle to entry put in place by his American Colonial ancestor. This is where we access the memories.

DemiN3cr0m4nc3r
03-02-2012, 12:08 AM
A certain chill in my spine tells me the game will start in Britain and the protagonist is given a contract to assassinate an English Nobleman and intentionally get caught (because imprisoned men in Britain were also sent to colonize America at the time). For the assassins covenant,he is given the responsibility of learning about this new land to establish a ground for assassins in the new world (and to find the temple after decoding the codex map found by Ezio in AC2). My money is on the starting weapons being a flintlock pistol and the signature hidden blade. After seeing the leaked picture of the protagonist,i'm also guessing that he will do contracts for the natives in exchange for new equipment (explaining why he has a Tomahawk and Bow,but the Blunderbuss will most likely be discovered in America,seeing it was popular in the carribean). I do look forward to playing this because I am indefinitely interested to see who he is fighting for and the piece of Eden. A cool mission would be the protagonist assisting Washington when he raided the German camp in Long Island,after all;Washington did raid the camp while the German allies slept! It's all theory,but I gave it my best guess. ;)

Dieinthedark
03-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Box art looks impressive but I'm doubtful. I'm willing to be proven wrong though!

blazefp
03-02-2012, 12:15 AM
All of this seems to be pretty good, but I honestly didn't want it to go to America. Yeah the pics look nice, the bow is an excellent addition, can't say the same of the axe I've always preferred swords or blades. Also the stealth factor seems to be put to second plan but I'm judging that just by 4 or 5 pics so I hope they kept it with high priority.
Anyway, I couldn't care less of how the main character looks, imo he could wear the same outfit as Ezio or Altair and I would think the same of the game. As long as the story is awesome (as usual) and the gameplay too everything's fine.
So yeah the game looks fine for now but I was expecting it to surprise me a bit more, I would prefer it to be taken somewhere no one was expecting. That would be awesome, half way to completely take my soul, but this....they've to get more than a decent story and gameplay to make it as good as ACII.

JumpInTheFire13
03-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Ha, I wish it was "quickly" followed. It's going to be an incredibly long 8 months.

egriffin09
03-02-2012, 02:58 AM
I for one am excited about the E3 demo. All so I can watch it like 1 million times between E3 and the Oct. 30 release date. A week before every AC game release, I watch so many gameplay videos and interviews with the developers of the game on youtube (eventhough I watched them soo many times already) its crazy.

ThiagoRichter
03-02-2012, 03:18 AM
(...) they've to get more than a decent story and gameplay to make it as good as ACII.
Exactly. But I'm counting on the fact that they will get that extra factor.

EnglishPhoenix
03-02-2012, 03:41 AM
I have such high expectations for this game. I truly hope that the 3 year development is not being falsely played up, because there is no way that my expectations can be met by half-assed development. So I remain skeptical.

Brushing skepticism aside, HOLY COW I AM EXCITED. I love the game play mechanics of Assassin's Creed, and to explore one of my favorite historical periods through them will be mind blowing.

I really hope this game has the time and devotion put into it that ACII had. That was such a fantastic game with a great story. I felt truly immersed in it, and I didn't get that feeling with ACB or ACR. I felt really disconnected from the story while playing it. The missions seemed to be more of a chore to get through, while ACII was purely exciting and fun. Please, please, Ubisoft, exceed my expectations. If you do, this will be an insanely great game that will end a great series.

GameFreak65
03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
What will it be?? a video or a statment or something

ManiLegend
03-02-2012, 08:38 AM
That assassin looks awesome it feels good playing as someone young again, i fully support ubisoft about going to this time period because i know whatever Ubisoft chooses they will make it great and exciting.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
A trailer will be released on 5th March! IGN have been saying it many times and in this article posted about 30 minutes ago they said they are also analysing it (rewind theatre I guess) The site also says it will be live streamed at 4:30pm to 5:30pm GMT :D

Source: http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1219799p1.html

imonthenet
03-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I think I just pissed myself with excitement.

But seriously I am so pumped for these details! I'll have to get up at 5am to see them the second they come oot since I live in New Zealand but it'll be worth it.

imonthenet
03-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Did anyone notice though the flag in the background is actually the Colonial Flag (I don't know much aboot American history but I think that's correct)

Matteo90Fi
03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Only 1 thing: Please, make ACIII Multiplayer Anti-Boosters, thank you.

sameer_monier
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Can we have an ingame trailer ?!, This is a major concern for me, but Ubi always tend to release a CGI trailer as done with Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Rainbow 6 Patriots, and even AC:Revelation, the first trailer is always a CGI, they look cool and all, but I want an ingame trailer, so people can analyse it, see how the graphics are, see the new gameplay, see how the game will look and feel on their console/PC, so Ubi enough with the CGI, bring us an ingame trailer

playassassins1
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
This is it...... 242 Days of pain and boredom...... Get ready...

brick177
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
March 5, 1770. The event that kick started the revolution. The Boston Massacre. British Army soldiers killed five civilian men. British troops had been stationed in Boston, capital of the Province of Massachusetts Bay, since 1768 in order to protect and support crown-appointed colonial officials attempting to enforce unpopular Parliamentary legislation. Amid ongoing tense relations between the population and the soldiers, a mob formed around a British sentry, who was subjected to verbal abuse and harassment. He was eventually supported by a small company of troops, who were subjected to verbal threats and thrown objects. They fired into the crowd, apparently without orders, instantly killing three people and wounding others. Two more people died later of wounds sustained in the incident.

March 5, 2012. The moment we've all been waiting for...

Sukramo
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Hope they bring back mounted combat. Cant belive they removed it in revelations.

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
i really hope they don't glorify the Americans too much in the game, i mean i have no problem with american people. 2 of my best friends are american, but in almost every film and game the Americans are always shown to be the Heroic ones, so don't take this the wrong way, but even the Americans out there must admit that this has been done way too much, i mean it would be awesome if it turned out that the British were the good guy's and the Boston massacre was them killing some Templars.

playassassins1
03-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Hope they bring back mounted combat. Cant belive they removed it in revelations.

they removed it because you didn't have horses in ACR

brick177
03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
i really hope they don't glorify the Americans too much in the game, i mean i have no problem with american people. 2 of my best friends are american, but in almost every film and game the Americans are always shown to be the Heroic ones, so don't take this the wrong way, but even the Americans out there must admit that this has been done way too much, i mean it would be awesome if it turned out that the British were the good guy's and the Boston massacre was them killing some Templars.

While I agree that it's been overdone. Keep in mind at this point in history there is no US or "Americans". They are British colonials fighting foreign occupation and economic exploitation. Neither side is good or bad just like through the other AC games, they are just fighting for different reasons. The British want to maintain order and control over a population that is becoming disillusioned that the overseas king has their best interests in mind. Considering the Assassins tend to stir up rebellions not crush them out, I would imagine them aiding the side of the colonies on this one. But it doesn't mean that the colonies are good and the British Empire is bad.

It also doesn't mean the British Empire is controlled by Templars or that the colonies aren't controlled by templars.

JumpInTheFire13
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Only 1 thing: Please, make ACIII Multiplayer Anti-Boosters, thank you.
Of course there has to be at least one ******* who brings up multiplayer

InfectedNation
03-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Of course there has to be at least one ******* who brings up multiplayer

This.

ACIII is finally going to conclude Desmonds story, explore a new world with a new character, and people are already bothered about the Multiplayer????
I do like MP, but it's nothing compared to the story.

ThiagoRichter
03-02-2012, 06:34 PM
This.

ACIII is finally going to conclude Desmonds story, explore a new world with a new character, and people are already bothered about the Multiplayer????
I do like MP, but it's nothing compared to the story.
'Multiplayer'? Is that the name of the new ancestor's first assassination target or ...? ;)

ChaosxNetwork
03-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Why must someone bring up multiplayer when a brand new Assassin, Era and location has been set for the 3rd major instalment in the franchise?
There shouldn't even be a multiplayer.
Though I am very happy and looking forward to it.
Not sure if I want to read the reveal from game informer in case I get too much info. Think I want to go down the road of knowing nothing and seeing it all in October.

brick177
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Why must someone bring up multiplayer when a brand new Assassin, Era and location has been set for the 3rd major instalment in the franchise?
There shouldn't even be a multiplayer.
Though I am very happy and looking forward to it.
Not sure if I want to read the reveal from game informer in case I get too much info. Think I want to go down the road of knowing nothing and seeing it all in October.

Well, you're safe for now because GI said "Multiplayer: TBA" So, we don't know yet. Also, couldn't care less. SP FTW!

LostStripe
03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
GMT is Greenwich Mean Time ...
You can go here to find out what time 5 P.M. GMT converts to for your area .. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/index.htm ...
(Or if you are stateside and know your time zone difference) 5 P.M. GMT is 10 A.M. Arizona - Mountain Standard Time

So in less than 48 hours I know where my web browser will be surfing towards!

freddie_1897
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
im not going to even touch mp until I've done everything with the sp

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Apparently these events of this ancestor are VERY meaningful to the modern-day assassins.

mukwag
03-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I really hope the game will include multiplayer.

GeneralTrumbo
03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I really hope the game will include multiplayer.
Eww...the game should only include it ONLY if all has been done to singleplayer.

pacmanate
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Anyone that hasnt seen me post, even though it comes out at 5pm gmt, IGN are doing a live stream from 4:30pm to 5:30pm on monday the 5th

Morwien
03-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Absolutely gutted and disapointed. Most of us expected a different scenario than this. Why on earth did you even bother having poll and asking gamers which country would AC3 be set? Where is the Russian Revolution? We expected better than this. I thought Assassin's Creed franchise is about a great historical events, great architecture, etc. 18th century America doesnt quite compare to Renaissance, Arabian templar era, and other historical asian events (china, japan, or egypt). There were rumours about Russian revolution setting, that was fine. Few weeks earlier, rumors about American revolution was denied by Ubisoft officials. Have you lied to us? There was absolutely no point having that poll if you have already decided on this setting 3 years ago!

I thought Assassin's creed is a unique game. It discovers other culture and explore great events in history. But again it's another American-friendly game, just like COD and others.

brick177
03-02-2012, 11:43 PM
The poll was for "future AC games" not for AC3. We've known they've been working on AC3 since AC2 came out. Discussed on other threads at length.

popfan12010
03-03-2012, 01:44 AM
oh hell ya! but why are they already releasing info about it?????

stkarim13
03-03-2012, 02:41 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338316/assassins-creed-3-first-details-new-hero-is-connor-not-all-english-are-evil/

playassassins1
03-03-2012, 02:53 AM
''Connor does have a hidden blade.'' YESS!!!!!

Black Shadow943
03-03-2012, 05:32 AM

Amen to that

Black Shadow943
03-03-2012, 05:36 AM

you guys need to stop with the longest day, months, few days before release, I'm already pulling my hair out in excitment

Black Shadow943
03-03-2012, 05:49 AM
you can see he has a gun in its holster, why would they get rid of the hidden gun? its more stealthy and you can do gun counters using a sword with it :(

I hear ya, but because of the fact that stealth weaponry as complex as a gun as small as a hummingbird it just wasn't practical on the battlefield.but if you do get a sword (I say that because on the GI's his image concists of him with a military class saber in it's holster but in the gameplay images he doesn't have a sword) he could still probably do gun counters

ThiagoRichter
03-03-2012, 06:19 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338316/assassins-creed-3-first-details-new-hero-is-connor-not-all-english-are-evil/
"More Desmond stuff"? I mean... It's the last Desmond game, the closing of this amazingly intricate arc. I hope that was a GARGANTUAN understatement.
But I pretty much like all the news, I think it has the potential of being as awesome as we all hope! (AS LONG AS UBI REMEMBERS THAT THE DESMOND 2012 GAMEPLAY SHOULD BE EQUALLY OR EVEN MORE IMPORTANT AND PRESENT THAN CONNAN'S.)
Thank you so much for sharing the link!

stkarim13
03-03-2012, 06:24 AM
"More Desmond stuff"? I mean... It's the last Desmond game, the closing of this amazingly intricate arc. I hope that was a GARGANTUAN understatement.
But I pretty much like all the news, but it sounds A BIT dull without any actual visual aid.
Thank you so much for sharing the link!

no problem =]

pirate1802
03-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Absolutely gutted and disapointed. Most of us expected a different scenario than this. Why on earth did you even bother having poll and asking gamers which country would AC3 be set? Where is the Russian Revolution? We expected better than this. I thought Assassin's Creed franchise is about a great historical events, great architecture, etc. 18th century America doesnt quite compare to Renaissance, Arabian templar era, and other historical asian events (china, japan, or egypt). There were rumours about Russian revolution setting, that was fine. Few weeks earlier, rumors about American revolution was denied by Ubisoft officials. Have you lied to us? There was absolutely no point having that poll if you have already decided on this setting 3 years ago!

I thought Assassin's creed is a unique game. It discovers other culture and explore great events in history. But again it's another American-friendly game, just like COD and others.

The poll was for "future AC games" not for AC3. We've known they've been working on AC3 since AC2 came out. Discussed on other threads at length.

^This. While I understand the distaste against Americanization of videogames, I fail to understand such extreme reaction. I find it funny you're dismissing this game as America-friendly without having an inkling about the actual story, basing your judgement solely on the setting. Also, I missed the part when ubisoft is obliged to do a scenario which "most people expect" ? Nor did they ever say they were conducting the poll to determine the location of AC 3. Bash the games which are genuinely america-glorifying (CoD, BF, OF). Not the ones you have no idea about apart from a few scenic screenshots.

DeeNuke
03-03-2012, 10:23 AM
For now I am only concerned that the new AC3 will be something like Red Dead Redemption. Otherwise, really curios of how Connor fits into all this...

eagleforlife1
03-03-2012, 10:40 AM
For now I am only concerned that the new AC3 will be something like Red Dead Redemption. Otherwise, really curios of how Connor fits into all this...

Why should that be a conern? Red Dead Redemption in my opinion was a masterpiece.

rob.davies2014
03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
;) so happy. So very happy!
This game looks mouth-wateringly delicious! Combat sounds amazing, the weather sounds amazing, free-running through windows and across trees sounds amazing, story sounds amazing!
Is it wrong that I'm more exited about this than I am about Christmas and my birthed combined?! :/
I cannot wait!

Loxorzz
03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
You guys have probably seen this already, but in case you haven't: http://whatculture.com/gaming/assassins-creed-3-info-youre-dying-for.php

Kit572
03-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I just had a nerd-gasm all over the floor,
it was messy.

Hochmeistertek
03-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Free masons, there must be free masons in this game.9 of the founding fathers were freemasons including George Washington and Benjamin Franklin. they fit in so perfectly, besides freemasons are awesome :D I think Ubisoft probably won't do this in-case it obscures the image of freemasons. If they did though, that would be so awesome, the square of the free masons fits in perfectly with the hood's triangle and the A of the assassins.

brick177
03-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Why should that be a conern? Red Dead Redemption in my opinion was a masterpiece.

Red Dead Redemption + Assassins Creed = *died from excitement*

crash3
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Will the American voice used for Altair in AC1 be used for Connor in AC3? Also I hope that general free-roaming/exploration doesnt consist of collecting a load of treasure which is such a boring feature I hope when you find money its more random like in Red Dead Redemption

pacmanate
03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I am really intrigued to what the voice for connor is! I hope he sounds cool, sexy, but fun, with a hint of jokiness

freddie_1897
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
i think they've got a voice actor, i can't remember his name though, ill post here when i find it

PurpleHaze1980
03-04-2012, 03:06 AM
The further the games are evolving it's becoming more about ranged weaponry, war machines and fancy explosions and action sequences that while, yes, exciting, aren't as satisfying as that mission that takes you 4 hrs to complete absolutely stealthily instead of shooting at enemies who are hidden behind walls and windows that are otherwise unreachable, etc. After AC:R being such a let down, I'm scared this is just going to be focused on guns and cannons and very little stealth.

Since AC:R let me down a lot, I've been looking forward to release of ACIII but when I saw the cover to ACIII (and many will flame me/disagree) my heart just sank...the more history progresses, wars are fought with guns and cannons and very little melee...which means less stealth and variation in kills (which kills the whole spirit of what the other games were for me).

Maybe I'll feel differently after trailers and seeing proper gameplay and hearing developer interviews (god knows, after the first AC, I had doubted ACII would be as good because it was a different character and different types of gameplay) but if this turns out to be how I think it's going to turn out then my love of the series will probably stop at AC:Brotherhood.

GeneralTrumbo
03-04-2012, 06:02 AM
The further the games are evolving it's becoming more about ranged weaponry, war machines and fancy explosions and action sequences that while, yes, exciting, aren't as satisfying as that mission that takes you 4 hrs to complete absolutely stealthily instead of shooting at enemies who are hidden behind walls and windows that are otherwise unreachable, etc. After AC:R being such a let down, I'm scared this is just going to be focused on guns and cannons and very little stealth.

Since AC:R let me down a lot, I've been looking forward to release of ACIII but when I saw the cover to ACIII (and many will flame me/disagree) my heart just sank...the more history progresses, wars are fought with guns and cannons and very little melee...which means less stealth and variation in kills (which kills the whole spirit of what the other games were for me).

Maybe I'll feel differently after trailers and seeing proper gameplay and hearing developer interviews (god knows, after the first AC, I had doubted ACII would be as good because it was a different character and different types of gameplay) but if this turns out to be how I think it's going to turn out then my love of the series will probably stop at AC:Brotherhood.
It will involve a lot of bow and arrow use, I am sure. Bow and arrow can very much be used as a stealthy weapon.

brick177
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
They did say that "social stealth" plays a more important role. Also, military strategy at the time was to use muskets with bayonets as melee weapons more so than ranged. Fire, advance, fire, advance, pummel and stab.

I'm interested in the quote that said "jumping through windows into trees". Does this mean we are going to have more interior environments than in the past? With the way they are saying cities are going to be more populated and alive than ever, could it be that interior environments exist for all the buildings, and all the citizens go about a more realistic life around you? Working during the day, going home at night?

crash3
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
They did say that "social stealth" plays a more important role. Also, military strategy at the time was to use muskets with bayonets as melee weapons more so than ranged. Fire, advance, fire, advance, pummel and stab.

I'm interested in the quote that said "jumping through windows into trees". Does this mean we are going to have more interior environments than in the past? With the way they are saying cities are going to be more populated and alive than ever, could it be that interior environments exist for all the buildings, and all the citizens go about a more realistic life around you? Working during the day, going home at night?

I liked how you could go inside almost every building in Red Dead Redemption, everything felt more accessible and there was better interaction with the environment in general. I hope we can go inside loads of buildings in AC3 and not just climb them

pacmanate
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't get why people don't think that Connor will be stealthy, just because the environment we play in now has more guns, doesn't mean that Connor will too. If anything I think he will be more stealthy.

1. He has a hidden blade, used for stealth kills
2. A tomohawk, could be used for long range throws and then you have to pick it up again. It doesn't make a sound
3. He has a dagger, imagine just creeping behind someone and slitting their throats.
4. Bow and Arrow, makes no noise whatsoever.

DinoSteve1
03-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Its kind of dissapointing ubi decided to go this way with AC3 and the more I hear about the gameplay features the less I want to play it.

brick177
03-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Its kind of dissapointing ubi decided to go this way with AC3 and the more I hear about the gameplay features the less I want to play it.

On the contrary, I'm excited that its going to be different. AC1 and AC2 were essentially the same gameplay with different graphics and weapons. Instead of reskinning they're giving us a new world with new strategies to exploit.

crash3
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I just read that we will be able to chain kills. This worries me as I hope it doesnt mean one-hit chain kills like in ACB/ACR the only time it wasnt one-hit kills was with the Janissaries and even they were still easy. I hope AC3 has a bigger emphasis on stealth especially since guards now have long range muskets and when it does come to close combat I hope its more challenging and therefore more satisfying when you take down 2 or 3 guards then flee from the other 10 or something

brick177
03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Saw this on the AC Facebook page. :)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/431566_220818168016479_100002648926084_389378_3597 36562_n.jpg

fugazi787
03-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Just because the American Revolution had large battles where armies faced off on battlefields, lined up with muskets blazing and cannons booming, that doesnt mean Connors actions will take place in the same context.

There were plenty of cases of guerrilla warfare tactics used during the AmerRevo. Troops being ambushed as they walked through forests, covert raids on the docks of Boston, or targets murdered in the allies of New York.

Dont forget for a second that an assassin works his way in and around large battles to find and remove his targets with the utmost surgical precision.

And yes, you will be shot at... by people with guns. But this is still an era of the relatively slow reloading muskets (an experienced soldier could reload and fire every 15 seconds), you could kill an entire group in 15 seconds. Relax.

pirate1802
03-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Just because the American Revolution had large battles where armies faced off on battlefields, lined up with muskets blazing and cannons booming, that doesnt mean Connors actions will take place in the same context.

There were plenty of cases of guerrilla warfare tactics used during the AmerRevo. Troops being ambushed as they walked through forests, covert raids on the docks of Boston, or targets murdered in the allies of New York.

Dont forget for a second that an assassin works his way in and around large battles to find and remove his targets with the utmost surgical precision.

And yes, you will be shot at... by people with guns. But this is still an era of the relatively slow reloading muskets (an experienced soldier could reload and fire every 15 seconds), you could kill an entire group in 15 seconds. Relax.

^This. people need to frigging calm down. there's still PLENTY of tings that haven't been revealed.

playassassins1
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
My god this countdown can't go any slower.

COUNTDOWN! Y U SO SLOW!

Patrickmc693
03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Anxiously waiting:P I'm looking for news every 10 minutes or so(for another leak). Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. This game has the potential to be the best in the series( maybe best of 2012) let's hope Ubisoft don't **** it up:/ Again...

DinoSteve1
03-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Last Assassin of the Mohicans?

crash3
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Big request for AC3 please dont have any overhead bars, dots, triangles or anything that makes NPCs look cartoonish, make it look more realistic like in AC1. Theres no doubt graphics will be better, just dont tarnish them by adding a load of pointless floating things that make the screen look cartoonish. Have the detection meter on the side of the screen, not some weird trianlge that fills up over a guards head. The health/sync bar needs improving so that it doent take so much space on the screen. the only thing that should have a permanent presence on screen is the minimap

brick177
03-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Last Assassin of the Mohicans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJv86RpLsVQ

Our Assassin is at 5:45. :)

pacmanate
03-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Big request for AC3 please dont have any overhead bars, dots, triangles or anything that makes NPCs look cartoonish, make it look more realistic like in AC1. Theres no doubt graphics will be better, just dont tarnish them by adding a load of pointless floating things that make the screen look cartoonish. Have the detection meter on the side of the screen, not some weird trianlge that fills up over a guards head. The health/sync bar needs improving so that it doent take so much space on the screen. the only thing that should have a permanent presence on screen is the minimap

I so agree with this. The massive open world and overhauled gameplay and mechanics would look silly with red bars floating ontop of enemy heads.

freddie_1897
03-04-2012, 11:41 PM
They'd have to find some other way of letting you know which guard is suspicious thoug cos otherwise it would be a real pain in the *** to complete some missions

SixKeys
03-05-2012, 01:28 AM
I so agree with this. The massive open world and overhauled gameplay and mechanics would look silly with red bars floating ontop of enemy heads.

It's possible to turn those things off, you know.

younas456
03-05-2012, 01:35 AM

Yes, i agree! it makes the gameplay boring to.
Since ACII i have always choosen to turned off a certain option in the option menu, can't remember what it says though. and it have worked playing that way all the way to Revalation, where when you turn it off you can't se the arrow/pointer in den defence. (which i don't like) ACI was the best game, it was the most demanding game, i mean you had to be more stealthy and your missions were harder. sure getting the info and such stuff was easy, i liked how you could read all info, and get tips about how to go about. i want that back to, the info bit.

They'd have to find some other way of letting you know which guard is suspicious thoug cos otherwise it would be a real pain in the *** to complete some missions

yes it would and it happens in the other games sometime, but that means you're not careful and paying attantion. if you do that, pay attention it wont be so bad, but still a pain in the *** when you miss one guard, but when you fix it the next time it is a gr8 feeling :D

imonthenet
03-05-2012, 04:55 AM
IDK why people think that because there were more guns he's not gonna be stealthy. If you think aboot he'll have to be more so, now that he can't rush twenty guards if they all have guns. He will definitely have to be SMARTER and the smartest way to take oot a group of gunmen is silently and quickly

Subject-22
03-05-2012, 06:34 AM
I just had a nerd-gasm all over the floor,
it was messy.

Tobuscus <3
but i think he says "nerded"

pacmanate
03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
OMFG. This got me so annoyed, I wanted to get off my keyboard, go into my pc, pop out of the guys PC and then smack him. For the AC III Boxart revealed by Ubi on their facebook, someone said "AC III? I thought that AC Brotherhood was AC III?" WHY MY GOD WHY!?!?!!!?!

pirate1802
03-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah lol I saw him too. Ignorant people >_<

asifah30
03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi Guys!

I saw new screens of AC3 on gameSpot.com, but I didn't find here in the forums. Please someone share the links of latest screens of AC3.