PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's last chapter!

Sick_one12
03-01-2012, 03:46 PM
So,since ACIII will be the last game with Desmond,how do you guys think ubi will treat him?

Do you thinke ubi kills him off after 5 games?(i would be extremely pissed:p)or do you think he"ll have a happy ending with even finding a new love interest?(EVE?)
I also wonder if he will be able to to take out Abstergo at all,because its such a big and powerful companyt so i find it quite unlikely:)

Moreover,do you you think ubi will change his look once again(face or/and clothes)?

Personally i would love if they just went back to this Desmond(maybe with the option to toogle the hood off/on)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120301/w97wg9pa.jpg

And someone made this wich could be an awesome ACIII cover with a few tweaks
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120301/qnsux7jq.jpg

So what do you guys think?:D

LightRey
03-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Well hopefully we'll get the kind of connection with him that we (or at least most of us) got with Alta´r and Ezio.

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Im done speculating, as I end up discovering the whole plot before actually playing it..

jeremytwoface
03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I gotta think that he will die...

Probably in a sacrificial type manner

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Umm...wow.......dude needs some photoshop lessons. That looks pretty bad. Just sayin............

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Umm...wow.......dude needs some photoshop lessons. That looks pretty bad. Just sayin............
Its not THAT bad.. :D

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
That looks terrible. They didn't even add his new glowy arm :P.

Why did they use his old bad graphic'd face? Anyway, I to at least hope Desmond gets to kill some stuff. But I'm more into finding out about the native right now.

Sick_one12
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah i hope so too:)even though i already like Desmond very much he really has to be in the spotlight this time and ubi should really give him a personality that will make people really care for him(just like ezio did within only in AC2)On the other hand its quite logical nearly noone cares about him when hes only given about 20 minutes gameplay in each game.Then we had revelations where ubi had the chance to tell us about his backstory but didnt do it very interesting

Dont get me wrong i liked the Desmond sequences in ACR but they failed to give us a real inside look into desmonds life because of the surreal environments and the first peron perspecive.
I think it would really have been better if those sequences were just like normal AC gameplay in the modern setting(young desmond running and jumping through the woods when he escaped the farm and for example only walking and scripted storytelling in the bar he worked in(hell,maybe even a drink mixing mini-game;))

anyway,i didnt want to bash the ACR Desmond sequences:)i only think its high time that desmond gets the spotlight and the ancestors move into the backround....only for one game:)

edit:i dont know who made those graphics but i chose some with desmonds ACB model because i think it looks best:)

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Well pick less horribly edited pics next time so I can actually want to look at them lol

playassassins1
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
An interactive ending would be fun. just like Mass Effect. Shepard can die or he can survive.

Assassin_M
03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
An interactive ending would be fun. just like Mass Effect. Shepard can die or he can survive.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HVa2upHVLBo/Tv7AZF_AOuI/AAAAAAAABIM/bX4P9T_YeWY/s1600/tn-memes-no-face-of-course-not.jpg

LightRey
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HVa2upHVLBo/Tv7AZF_AOuI/AAAAAAAABIM/bX4P9T_YeWY/s1600/tn-memes-no-face-of-course-not.jpg

Ditto.

playassassins1
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hva2uphvlbo/tv7azf_aoui/aaaaaaaabim/bx4p9t_yewy/s1600/tn-memes-no-face-of-course-not.jpg

why not!?!?

LightRey
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
why not!?!?
because they suck.

playassassins1
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Why do they suck?

LightRey
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Why do they suck?

Well for one to experience every ending you have to replay the game. Second, if you do something wrong you get an ending you don't like and third, it destroys the point of a story if it has alternate events.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
So you don't like the concept of Heavy Rain? Now I know why you play on a 360.

playassassins1
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh no, PS3 VS Xbox is about to start.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Heavy rain was good but there were plot points and stuff that don't make sense. Why was Ethan having nightmares and waking up with Origami figures? Oh yeah...bad writing.

Sick_one12
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Well pick less horribly edited pics next time so I can actually want to look at them lol

oh come on man...errr miss;)i bet you've seen worse ones already:)in addition if i try to find a ACIII picture with desmond,i just see graphics showing desmond in some kind of futurstic armor and mirrors edge styled environments.Some people need to understand ACs story takes place in 2012;)

LightRey
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
So you don't like the concept of Heavy Rain? Now I know why you play on a 360.

Actually, I play on an Xbox 360 because I used to be a huge Halo fan and I never saw any good reason to buy a PS3.
But no, I don't like alternate events in games unless they are an intricate part of the gameplay itself, such as in NWN and NWN2.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Oh no, PS3 VS Xbox is about to start.

Lol no, I'm totally not trying to start that. I was just sayin.......

But Heavy Rain is amazing. Idk what you guys are talking about. Ethan's hallucinations and black outs were due to his physiological trauma from when he got hit by the car. Same thing with his claustrophobia with large crowds.

And @Lightrey: It pretty much is in Heavy Rain. The whole point of the game is to play out the story making your own decisions and every decision you make changes the story and how everything else plays out.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Hmmm. I don't remember the doc saying "Ethan" Being hit by a car is the reason you wake up on the street in the rain screaming your sons name with an origami in your hand. The thing the killer always leaves around.

Seems like your grasping at straws friend. That's terrible any way you look at it. Don't get me wrong the game was amazing. As was Indigo Prophecy that the guy made before Heavy Rain. If the graphics were better i'd say Indigo was the better game.

Hmm, GLHS. Go rent Asura's Wrath. You'll love it perhaps.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
You really don't think that Scott (The killer) didn't watch Ethan and know about his black outs? That's how and when he kidnapped Shaun. He was watching and plotting for 2 years ever since his other son died. And his doctor did say his black outs were part of trauma he induced due to the accident. Telling him about the black outs is one of the choices you can make while talking to him. And I doubt I'm grasping at straws since I own the game and have played it quite a few times, so I probably have a better sense of the story. It's like AC, the more times you play it, the better sense you get of the story, the more you pick up details, the better you understand.

LightRey
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Lol no, I'm totally not trying to start that. I was just sayin.......

But Heavy Rain is amazing. Idk what you guys are talking about. Ethan's hallucinations and black outs were due to his physiological trauma from when he got hit by the car. Same thing with his claustrophobia with large crowds.

And @Lightrey: It pretty much is in Heavy Rain. The whole point of the game is to play out the story making your own decisions and every decision you make changes the story and how everything else plays out.

That I may like. Regardless, implementing such a thing in ACIII would still be a horrible idea.

stefman6987
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
why do people say desmond's arm was glowing... it was just a reflection of some light..

GLHS
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Go watch it again....It's totally not. It's blue, and all swirly and stuff like TWCB. Plus, the Apple is glowing along and communicating with it.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I've platted it. So I know the story quite well also.

That doesn't explain the origami figure.

There are TONS of little things....

When Maddy finds out the killers name. She gasps and acts shocked. Yet she's never even met said character. She has no idea of his existence but decides to go directly to his place.

The parents always have things that would be taken by the cops.

Norman. He decides to go talk to the supposed murderer. Captured murderer. But then he helps him break the supposed murderer out. Yet, a few days later...he's still working at his office without anyone knowing what he did or how the guy escaped.

Hell, having press conferences and claiming he was the killer just because the doctor said he was having black outs is stupid in itself.

The killer has a cop watch....he COULD ONLY BE A COP! I know. He owns a warehouse....it MUST be where he disposes of the bodies. I better check it out!

FBI do drug checks. Norman would of been pinched. Regardless.

The cops are trying to catch a serial killer. Shooting him in the leg from the balcony as he escaped would of worked. But I guess their bullets don't go that far down.

Why does ethan still suspect himself after cutting his own finger off?

These are just little ones off the top of my head. I remember reading all kinds of articles on it back when it released also. Some of those you can suspend of disbelief because it IS a game. But some are just redonk!

Poodle_of_Doom
You know what I think would be a bad *** ending, for an about to be bad *** guy? It would be awesome if he'd infiltrate Abstergo, sneaking half way in, fighting tooth and nail the rest of the way, only to slit Vidic's throat with his hidden blade. As Vidic slowly slumps to the floor, Desmond turns around, and there's a whole lot of guards standing there. It would be an Epic Desmond moment, like Ezio's standoff with the guards, and if they ended it dramatically there, would be completely ambagious. It would be more epic if that's how the game started, to a point. All you see is feet running... flash forward, you see someone running towards Vidic from behind, about to strike, then cut away to the game, and you all have no idea what was going on....

pirate1802
Alternate endings should be left to RPGs.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
why do people say desmond's arm was glowing... it was just a reflection of some light..

No it wasn't reflection. It really glowed. Now that glow maybe symbolic, but it was a real glow.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpBkYZvWxg4

Skip to 12:55

GLHS
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I've platted it. So I know the story quite well also.

That doesn't explain the origami figure.

There are TONS of little things....

When Maddy finds out the killers name. She gasps and acts shocked. Yet she's never even met said character. She has no idea of his existence but decides to go directly to his place.

The parents always have things that would be taken by the cops.

Norman. He decides to go talk to the supposed murderer. Captured murderer. But then he helps him break the supposed murderer out. Yet, a few days later...he's still working at his office without anyone knowing what he did or how the guy escaped.

Hell, having press conferences and claiming he was the killer just because the doctor said he was having black outs is stupid in itself.

The killer has a cop watch....he COULD ONLY BE A COP! I know. He owns a warehouse....it MUST be where he disposes of the bodies. I better check it out!

FBI do drug checks. Norman would of been pinched. Regardless.

The cops are trying to catch a serial killer. Shooting him in the leg from the balcony as he escaped would of worked. But I guess their bullets don't go that far down.

Why does ethan still suspect himself after cutting his own finger off?

These are just little ones off the top of my head. I remember reading all kinds of articles on it back when it released also. Some of those you can suspend of disbelief because it IS a game. But some are just redonk!

Lol they're a French developer and it was their first big game. What did you expect? I cut it some slack for the plot holes that it does have, b/c it's fun, the graphics are great, and the story as a whole is really good. Sometimes, you gotta look past stupid things that the characters do...or don't do.

stefman6987
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
No it wasn't reflection. It really glowed. Now that glow maybe symbolic, but it was a real glow.

no it's not glowing, it's a reflection of the light on the animus, when he puts his arm behind it, it's lit up, but that's because of the machine

EDIT: i stand corrected.. sorry i didn't really think of that ahaha :(

ShaneO7K
03-01-2012, 05:20 PM
At this point Desmond really needs a larger fraction of the game than the anscestor, I'll be disappointed if Desmond only gets a small portion of the game again.

GLHS
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
At this point Desmond really needs a larger fraction of the game than the anscestor, I'll be disappointed if Desmond only gets a small portion of the game again.

Exactly my thoughts

LightRey
03-01-2012, 05:30 PM

I disagree. I think he needs a much larger fraction than in the previous games, but certainly not larger than that of the ancestor.

stefman6987
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I disagree. I think he needs a much larger fraction than in the previous games, but certainly not larger than that of the ancestor.

I think desmond should be the main focus, and probably will, i don't see what the ancestor could show, desmond already knows what he is doing, may need a little guidance from the ancestor but i hope it's mostly desmond

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM

I agree. More than previous ACs but not more than the ancestor.

I think desmond should be the main focus, and probably will, i don't see what the ancestor could show, desmond already knows what he is doing, may need a little guidance from the ancestor but i hope it's mostly desmond

The ancestor could show us what constitutes an AC. Don't know about others, but to me an AC with no historic angle is not the assassins creed i love,exploring past cities, people and lifestyle. Infact, this is the very reason I started playing AC: a modern-day man who somehow gets to relive his ancestor's life in the distant past. That was my first impression of the game, and that is why AC is among my favourite series of all times.

Also, ubisoft can cook up any reason they want for Desmond to go into the animus; maybe he doesnt even need the animus now to view his ancestor's memories. Maybe to unlock the grand temple they need to view the memories of some assassin who had been there before and had opened it? But they can't sync directly to that specific memory so they must start from the beginning.. ?

ShaneO7K
03-01-2012, 06:21 PM

In my opinion the whole building Desmond up to be the ultimate assassin would've been slightly pointless when ,in his last chapter of AC, a new character gets more time than him.

At the very least I think it should be 6/10 Desmond, 4/10 Ancestor. But that could change once I know more on the story of AC3 but until then this is my opinion on the matter.

itsamea-mario
03-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I would be a bit pissed if it's not atleast 50% Desmond.

Though really I just really want to kill vidic, they'd better not fudge that part up!

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
KiLL HIM

KiLL BEIGE KEANU