PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Archive - No music during the game?

RapNoize
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I was looking through Escoblades Lost Archive walkthrough and noticed that there's music in the background. But when I was playing it at my PC no music showed up. Am I the one experiencing this?

Anykeyer
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
There is no constant background music. Its purely atmospheric and situational. Im on PC too and I dont see (or rather hear) difference with Esco's videos.

RapNoize
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for reply. So probably problem is somewhere at mine :P

Anykeyer
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Actually scratch this. I remember hearing some music but after closer examination it seems like Im missing a few bits.
Luckily I already figured out how to fix this.
go to SoundData\pc folder and rename sounds_3_dlc_sfx.pck to sounds_sfx_dlc_03.pck
Ubisoft QA? nonexistent

RapNoize
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks a lot :)

ace3001
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Actually scratch this. I remember hearing some music but after closer examination it seems like Im missing a few bits.
go to SoundData\pc folder and rename sounds_3_dlc_sfx.pck to sounds_sfx_dlc_03.pck
Ubisoft QA? nonexistentYou sure about this? How did you find it, anyway? I get no music either. I'll try and report back. (Kinda weird, though, cause all the sound files are in the sounds_3_dlc* format.)

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work. Lost Archive doesn't load at all with it renamed like that. Throws me back to Game Launcher.

Anykeyer
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
You sure about this? How did you find it, anyway?

I just know how this game decides if it needs to load a file or not. Its based on naming scheme.
This solution works for me. Make sure your file isnt broken. Mine is 75220462 bytes
You can also try different approach.
- make a copy, dont rename.
- try another name, naming this file sounds_3_dlc_sfx_eng.pck works as well (with english spoken language in options)

ace3001
03-02-2012, 10:21 AM
I just know how this game decides if it needs to load a file or not. Its based on naming scheme.
This solution works for me. Make sure your file isnt broken. Mine is 75220462 bytes
You can also try different approach.
- make a copy, dont rename.
- try another name, naming this file sounds_3_dlc_sfx_eng.pck works as well (with english spoken language in options)Yup, that's the size of mine too. Game crashes if the proper file isn't named sounds_3_dlc_sfx.pck, so for it to work, the file has to be correct anyway. Making a copy with the new name instead has no use either. The game just doesn't read the copy.

Anykeyer
03-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I dont know what to say. I tried removing every .pck file and my game and DLC3 isnt crashed, it's playable, just without sound.

ace3001
03-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Mine doesn't work like that. :(
If I remove a file, when I select Lost Archive from the Main Menu, ACRSP quits as usual, but ACRPR doesn't start.

NetWalkerBR
03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Ubisoft QA? nonexistent

Thanks, worked for me.

ansonii48
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Ubisoft QA? nonexistent
I just tried this out and it worked very well. I used to be missing out on music from Desmond's Journey, and this fixed that as well. Many thanks.