PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Weather

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Maybe they can add interactive weather in future games. Like this:

Rain, Snow, Sunny, it could affect the gameplay. It could be random happenings in game.

Like when it rains you can sometimes slip when running/climbing.
When it's snowing it will may cause you to sink a bit for a second but ziplines would be faster
More tricks like sliding across hills and and rooftops when it's snowing/raining

Like have each Weather effect have a pro and con, it'd make the game so much more interactive.

What do you think, what cause/effects can you think of?

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 04:08 AM
http://thereisnocloud.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/oldman_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

D.I.D.
03-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Serious answer - no to slipping. I don't think that's going to add to fun.

The one thing that would be good is if some weather causes you to leave tracks (or covers them up), so you have to think about your trail causing curiosity when it leads up a wall and across roofs.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Serious answer - no to slipping. I don't think that's going to add to fun.

The one thing that would be good is if some weather causes you to leave tracks (or covers them up), so you have to think about your trail causing curiosity when it leads up a wall and across roofs.

I think it'd be good, not having things be so easy and simple. It should have pros and cons that way the game actually is made more interactive.

I love the tracks thing.

DavisP92
03-01-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm for the slipping, but there would have to be something that can fix it. Like if they did a skill thing tree or new boots that stop you from slipping. 3 years in the making it better be the best game of 2012

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm for the slipping, but there would have to be something that can fix it. Like if they did a skill thing tree or new boots that stop you from slipping. 3 years in the making it better be the best game of 2012

If done right it could just be something random, or like if you run for too long nonstop, it'd actually give guards a chance to catch up to you. Maybe have puddles that make you trip and if you notice them and jump over them you can make guards trip like that.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
I like the idea of slipping :D would be great If they add interactive weather, would take the franchise to a new level.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 08:25 AM
I like the idea of slipping :D would be great If they add interactive weather, would take the franchise to a new level.

Indeed.

Limed_-
03-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Weather would indeed be nice, but Ubisoft don't read these forums.

RzaRecta357
03-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I think they'll be throwing it in just to give the engine a new feel in general. They have to go big for AC3 after all.

The13Doctors
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I think they'll be throwing it in just to give the engine a new feel in general. They have to go big for AC3 after all.

Hopefully, apparently no game right now has weather, it's been cut out of every game up to now.

SaintPerkele
03-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, we had rain in ACB (Basilica di San Pietro and Pienza) and snow in ACR (Masyaf and the surrounding areas). But I agree, those were merely small effects, which did not really contribute anything besides atmosphere and moreover scripted to appear only at these locations.

I was always thinking that weather effects will be introduced in AC3 and the idea of slipping came to my mind too. You could have puddles of water, which would only exist while it's raining. These could make you slip, fall down from buildings and so on (I always though that climbing was way too easy and not challenging at all). When it's not raining, there could be pidgeon dung with the same effect, but I suppose that's just too nasty.
I really dig the idea of performing special moves in snow, but also be in constant danger of tripping and falling.
Another weather effect I was thinking of is fog. No, not these strange smoke effects we've seen in ACR, not the blurry vision from Acre. Real fog, which would make it easier to hide but also more difficult to spot things (enemies for example) without the use of Eagle Vision.

I'm afraid though, that the weather effects won't really have an effect on the gameplay. But I can't see the final AC game without any weather effects at all either.

zStrictStyle
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Not only for atmosphere.It can also be used for being stealthy or escaping.Like it's running and you're being chased,so you use the fog as a weapon or the pools of water to drop and disrupt them as they run.

pirate1802
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh holy.. I can already imagine the ancestor slowly tailing his target through fog.. xD