PDA

View Full Version : Poison Crafting

czeuch
02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi! I've followed a guide to craft my abilities. This guide suggested to spend 1 point in cooldown and 1 point to increase the points to 250.
However I've seen people spending both points to increase the points to 300.

What's better? If you make a rough math:

90 seconds / 300 points = 0,3 points per second
80 seconds / 250 points = 0,32 points per second

The difference is veru small, but I want to know in the gameplay, what's recommended.

Thanks!

Christian

ThaFazz
02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I go with 300 points because you're not going to get a poison off as soon as it's done with it's cool down. That 10 seconds really doesn't help that much

Squiiddish
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Basically what above said. With how nerfed Poison is, with the ability to stun after you've landed it AND the increased stun range, AND the ridiculous B prompt, the occasions for poison just don't arrive that often.

Craft it for 300 points, there are very, very few occasions where you could capitalize on a shorter poison CD.

LadyGahan2010
02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
300 points here too. Just make sure your target has ONE pursuer, the 6 sec wait is OK.... I don't use it too often, if I do, usually on grounded targets. If they fix no stunning when poisoned, I might use it more often

najzere
03-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Also, depending on your loadout, that extra 50 points becomes 100 points with a 2x multiplier (or 200 points if you get 2x twice). As others have said though, it's mainly that you'll probably only get three or four poisons off in a good session regardless of crafting, so go for points.

Grygier
03-01-2012, 03:23 AM
300 best but if you gonna go poison be comfortable with OSB... really i hate how they can stun you afterwards makes the poison feel like 100 points -_-;
but it's pretty awesome if you got a 4 streak loss you poison get stunned and now your kill gets the 2x on it... kind of a exploit...

shiroyukinohime
03-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Ditto on the 300 points. With the increased stun range, it's just harder to pull off that poison unless you OSB them (which I'm not recommending per se), so you may as well milk it for as much points as possible. Don't really see the point of getting the ability back 10 seconds earlier.

Although! You can craft for short delay if you're playing something like Assassinate (where you're afraid someone else will steal your kill and even then it's still risky) or Manhunt (where you want the kill before your teammates get to your target).

Did you use the Top Tier Tactics crafting guide?

luckyto
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Ok... help me understand this. If you use an ability and it has a cooldown of 90 seconds; then you die with say 80 seconds remaining on cooldown, respawn and switch ability sets to an ability that has a 60 cooldown ----- don't you still have 80 seconds on cooldown from using that previous ability? At least until it reloads and you use the new ability set?

czeuch
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Ok... help me understand this. If you use an ability and it has a cooldown of 90 seconds; then you die with say 80 seconds remaining on cooldown, respawn and switch ability sets to an ability that has a 60 cooldown ----- don't you still have 80 seconds on cooldown from using that previous ability? At least until it reloads and you use the new ability set?

As far as I know the timer (from previous ability) will continue until it reaches 0. Then the new ability will be available.

Thanks for the clarification, I've changed it to 300 already ;)

luckyto
03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
In my case, I just use Poison for variety and then switch out to different sets. Would crafting for reload and points make sense?

DannyStrong
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I believe if you switch sets during a cooldown it still waits for the cooldown of the ability you last used there. So in that case I believe it would be better to craft for cooldown if you switch inbetween sets...

Though maybe someone who has actually testing this can confirm that this is how it works...

czeuch
03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
In my case, I just use Poison for variety and then switch out to different sets. Would crafting for reload and points make sense?

Well, I use only for variety either, and usually with 2x Score. My "default" set for a deathmatch, for example, is Mute and Disguise. If I've used Mute and then I'm killed and I change the set to Poison, my cooldown is still counting from Mute that I've just used. So I must wait the cooldown to reset and then Poison becomes available.

As recommended by the people in the forum, it would be better to craft Poison using both points in points (incresing from 200 to 300).

This way, combined with a 2x Score you'll get 200 extra points.

I hope this helps!

luckyto
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
In your situation, it probably does make sense. I'm not 100% even that cooldowns work that way between switching sets - so I was hoping to get some answers. I think for me - if it works the way I think it does -- I'm better off giving up the 50 points and keeping the cooldown.

lRushdown
03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I am 100% positive that the cooldown for the ability you just used is still the cooldown you get when you switch abilities. If you use Poison and die with 80 seconds left and switch abilities to Throwing Knives, you're still waiting 80 seconds to get your Knives.