PDA

View Full Version : ACR Maps

czeuch
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I've a doubt about the maps DLC. If I buy it will I have more option of sessions to play when I'm searching for sessions?

What happens when the Vote appears? Will some of the new map appear? Or only if the host has the DLC?

I'm kind of tired of the default maps...

Thanks!

Collinwood01
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
The DLC is set up so that you can only play the new maps if you select the new maps. The new maps are not put into regular rotation. As it is, since not many bought the map DLC, its hard to get a mode you want. You can play the new maps but more than likely itll be a mode you didnt choose. Thats how it works for me anyway.

CrashingPanda
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
You can also download a trial version to test them out before you buy them.

AntiChrist7
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
the new maps are nice, but you will play 98% of your games on the old maps. I would only buy it if you really want everything from ACR MP.

czeuch
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
So they won't increase my chances to get a session when I use "Play now"?

Thanks!

czeuch
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I ask this because my logic is:

When I search for a session the game will search only in the 8-10 default maps (I don't know the exact number).
If I buy the DLC, I'll have more 6 maps. I understand that few people have the maps, but won't this allow me to find sessions more often?

Thanks!

Assasination-G
02-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I ask this because my logic is:

When I search for a session the game will search only in the 8-10 default maps (I don't know the exact number).
If I buy the DLC, I'll have more 6 maps. I understand that few people have the maps, but won't this allow me to find sessions more often?

Thanks!

No, because the 6 maps are in a different category, called something like DLC maps or something, so it will only search for matches with those 6 matches, which is extremely hard.

czeuch
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks!!

najzere
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
When they came out a forum mod said they're in the rotation with the Play Now option, but of course you have to play whatever mode it gives you. From what I understand, if you want to play a specific mode you have to go into the DLC category.

czeuch
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, that changes things. I usually don't want a specific mode. I go on Play Now and I play the first one available. If the DLC Maps are presented in Play Now (mode doesn't matter), then I'll certainly buy the DLC. But if i've to search for games in a different session, I'll probably not.

najzere
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
You should download the trial if it's still available and see what happens. I don't remember for sure, but I think the mod said that new maps are even prioritized in Play Now.