PDA

View Full Version : Do you regret anything?

Adogg4444
02-26-2012, 04:14 AM
****POSSIBLE SPOILERS***
You guys probably remember Subject 16 saying, "Do you regret anything, Desmond?" This is one of the many cryptic and intriguing lines that this character has given us. After Desmond says that he regrets being impatient with his parents and ... drastically affecting Lucy's life ... Subject 16 proceeds to thank Desmond for "making sense." What are your thoughts on the meaning of this?

D.I.D.
02-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Don't know. It is a weird moment. If 16 did escape by 'hitching a lift', maybe knowledge of that little ball of emotional turmoil was his way in.

SixKeys
02-26-2012, 04:41 AM
I always thought the line had to do with their earlier conversation where S16 accused Desmond of shirking his responsibilities or something. He was jealous of Desmond for still having a body and a life outside the Animus and felt Desmond had been ungrateful for running away from the Farm and not embracing who he really was. After Desmond had done some more soul-searching and realized he didn't want to keep running away anymore, S16 felt he was finally coming to his senses.

That's how I read it anyway.

D.I.D.
02-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Good assessment, SixKeys.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-26-2012, 04:54 AM
Don't know. It is a weird moment. If 16 did escape by 'hitching a lift', maybe knowledge of that little ball of emotional turmoil was his way in.

I see your point...and i think that there is a reason why in the 3rd desmond journey that voice says,''...memory leak detected...'' :) anyone in computer science or on google knows what happens when there is a memory leak. So it makes sense to believe that he was needing more info to create for desmond one last message for him (maybe). Like when desmond found glyphs that helped reconstruct that A.I avatar in brotherhood. Same thing for towers in Revelations ;). Especially since the whole time he looks like he's up to something....crazy >_> cause that's how he rolls did you see his face ? he always has a crazy look going on lol.

Sajn12
02-26-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't know. SixKeys has good theory.

Maybe it was simple question. But Clay was scary in that cutscene, I thought he will punch Desmond for it... :/

LightRey
02-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Maybe it's a ironic comment, because Desmond has gone through so little character development in previous installments?

zStrictStyle
02-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Maybe it's a ironic comment, because Desmond has gone through so little character development in previous installments?

an*

LightRey
02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
an*

No chiz.
It's called a typo.

kriegerdesgottes
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I always thought the line had to do with their earlier conversation where S16 accused Desmond of shirking his responsibilities or something. He was jealous of Desmond for still having a body and a life outside the Animus and felt Desmond had been ungrateful for running away from the Farm and not embracing who he really was. After Desmond had done some more soul-searching and realized he didn't want to keep running away anymore, S16 felt he was finally coming to his senses.

That's how I read it anyway.

Yeah that's how I understand it as well.