PDA

View Full Version : Story Mode NPC question

FreshGroundFX
02-24-2012, 11:46 PM
First I want to say that I do not want to launch any heated discussions about anything or toss people into arguments.....but

Have you noticed that when you crash into crowds in Story Mode, the female NPCs are always vulgar and angry and will cus you off saying things like "Reeeeeeeeeealllly!!? blah blah blah" or "How dare you!" and the male characters are always apologetic and and say things like "Oh I am sorry for my inferiority" or "Let me get out of your way".

What's up with that?

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Militant feminism? :p

...Then again, that would have been a bit out of place in that time and location.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 12:17 AM
lmao there was one that said '' father? is that you.....how did you get out '' lmao XD

SixKeys
02-25-2012, 12:47 AM
First I want to say that I do not want to launch any heated discussions about anything or toss people into arguments.....but

Have you noticed that when you crash into crowds in Story Mode, the female NPCs are always vulgar and angry and will cus you off saying things like "Reeeeeeeeeealllly!!? blah blah blah" or "How dare you!" and the male characters are always apologetic and pu**ies and say things like "Oh I am sorry for my inferiority" or "Let me get out of your way".

What's up with that?

I think those people are being sarcastic with their apologies. It's like "excuse me for living", type of thing. The people who are carrying stuff and drop it when you run into them are also pretty aggressive towards you.

JumpInTheFire13
02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Another odd thing is that females will attempt to fight you if you pickpocket them.

D.I.D.
02-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Militant feminism? :p

...Then again, that would have been a bit out of place in that time and location.

Would it?

I think that's more a matter of modern expectations, and an assumption that social mores extend in a one-way progression towards the present day. These things are rarely so simple in history.

Muslim states have been through periods when women had significant social power and times when women have been very oppressed, much as Christian states have, and in some matters Muslim states have accorded rights to women which Christian states did not until centuries later. For example, women won rights of inheritance and personhood in Islamic law in the 600s.

http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/Muslim_Leaders.htm

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:19 AM
femme fatale

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Ugh, please don't turn this into a discussion about religion. Feminism wasn't really a trend until the 20th century anyway.

Also, I am from the region, so I know how the family and social hierarchy went in that period, whether muslim or christian. Needless to say, women weren't very high up on the list.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Ugh, please don't turn this into a discussion about religion. Feminism wasn't really a trend until the 20th century anyway.

Also, I am from the region, so I know how the family and social hierarchy went in that period, whether muslim or christian. Needless to say, women weren't very high up on the list.

hahah religion...do you know what religion is?....

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 01:29 AM
hahah religion...do you know what religion is?....

Yes, I do. That's why I'm an atheist.

D.I.D.
02-25-2012, 01:30 AM
It's only a discussion about whether or not women would give you abuse in the street if you crashed into them, but you brought up feminism.

What makes you think women wouldn't speak up if you crashed into them in 16th century Turkey? Do you have any historical frame for that, or is this just something you know in your bones?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Yes, I do. That's why I'm an atheist.

-__- ummmm well sorry to break it to you atheism is more religious than women npc in a game....

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 01:31 AM
It's only a discussion about whether or not women would give you abuse in the street if you crashed into them, but you brought up feminism.

God, I was joking, people! Sheesh.

-__- ummmm well sorry to break it to you atheism is more religious than women npc in a game....

...what?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:33 AM
shut up

D.I.D.
02-25-2012, 01:40 AM

...what?

I understood it was tongue in cheek by your emoticon, but you also asserted in that post that it's out of keeping with the time and place.

Since you didn't have a basis for thinking that, neither of us can say what the reactions in the street should or shouldn't be.

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 01:43 AM
OK, let's just drop this and continue with whatever the topic was, yeah?

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:45 AM
OK, let's just drop this and continue with whatever the topic was, yeah?

you lost ok, you make no sense, what do women have to do with religion omg learn what religion is about before you say that a topic on women is religious talk...

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:45 AM

...what?

Atheism is basically a religious belief that there is no god. I think that's his point.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Atheism is basically a religious belief that there is no god. I think that's his point.

exactly, thank you

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Right, I mentioned feminism as a joke and said, on a more serious tone, that it's unlikely to have been the case in that time and place. Then suddenly people started talking about how muslims weren't discriminating against women, which supposedly stands against popular belief. So, I said that I wasn't referring to any particular religion with my statement, as I didn't want to start a tiresome discussion. Evidently, I failed.

LightRey
02-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Right, I mentioned feminism as a joke and said, on a more serious tone, that it's unlikely to have been the case in that time and place. Then suddenly people started talking about how muslims weren't discriminating against women, which supposedly stands against popular belief. So, I said that I wasn't referring to any particular religion with my statement, as I didn't want to start a tiresome discussion. Evidently, I failed.

Don't worry I agree with you on this entire matter. I just wanted to clarify something.

Jexx21
02-25-2012, 01:57 AM
It's cause Ezio eats women.

In a way.

LightRey
02-25-2012, 02:00 AM
It's cause Ezio eats women.

In a way.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 02:00 AM
evidently you did :O what a shock omg oooooooo look at me i am gonna cry over there and eat a snickers oooooooo stfu ....

Are you 12?

D.I.D.
02-25-2012, 02:06 AM
I thought you didn't want to talk about this anymore?

That's just a blatant misrepresentation of what I said. I only expressed doubt, because the one thing I do know is that these things are always in flux, and we can't simply assume that things are incrementally worse the further we look back in history. At no point did I say anything about Muslims not discriminating against women.

If you had something to back it up then it might not be a tiresome conversation, and you might have taught me something.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Are you 12?

vous est un enfant?

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 02:13 AM
That's just a blatant misrepresentation of what I said. I only expressed doubt, because the one thing I do know is that these things are always in flux, and we can't simply assume that things are incrementally worse the further we look back in history. At no point did I say anything about Muslims not discriminating against women.

If you had something to back it up then it might not be a tiresome conversation, and you might have taught me something.

*Sigh*

I think that's more a matter of modern expectations, and an assumption that social mores extend in a one-way progression towards the present day. These things are rarely so simple in history.

Muslim states have been through periods when women had significant social power and times when women have been very oppressed, much as Christian states have, and in some matters Muslim states have accorded rights to women which Christian states did not until centuries later. For example, women won rights of inheritance and personhood in Islamic law in the 600s.

You give a short intro that's designed to induce cognitive dissonance and doubt. Then you go forward by giving examples of how popular belief might be flawed. And yes, these examples do have to do with discrimination.

kalo.yanis
02-25-2012, 02:21 AM
ok guys lets not attack him pls, he said stop http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/wink.png

You blatantly edited my comment (with a spelling mistake) and then went on to reaffirm the new content by addressing other forum members and seeking approval of your view, hence trying to single me out in what you might perceive to be a humorous fashion. Those are some strong, yet juvenile defense mechanisms.

Also, it's "Vous ętes un enfant?", although judging by the "vous", it should be more formal: "Ętes-vous un enfant?"

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 02:26 AM
what?!?! lol stop getting all analytical about a darn sentence buddy its not rocket science...I am on your side here...no one is against you :D lets be friends <3 I love you

POP1Fan
02-25-2012, 10:17 AM
what?!?! lol stop getting all analytical about a darn sentence buddy its not rocket science...I am on your side here...no one is against you :D lets be friends <3 I love you

I have a question? How can you report someone?

Gil_217
02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
You blatantly edited my comment (with a spelling mistake) and then went on to reaffirm the new content by addressing other forum members and seeking approval of your view, hence trying to single me out in what you might perceive to be a humorous fashion. Those are some strong, yet juvenile defense mechanisms.

Also, it's "Vous ętes un enfant?", although judging by the "vous", it should be more formal: "Ętes-vous un enfant?"

And this, my friends, is what we call a burn.

LightRey
02-25-2012, 11:36 AM

You can report someone's post by clicking the '!' in the bottom left corner of their post.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-25-2012, 02:42 PM

what did I do wrong there(other than my misconjugated french verb and question formation lol)? I am just kidding around with NBST like he was on my other threads. KIDDING AROUND lol I am sorry if I have offended you :D

Black_Widow9
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Check here for details-
Reporting Inappropriate Content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659584)

This has really gone nowhere but downhill and I'm locking it.