PDA

View Full Version : Why are you guys so **** hurt about the new DLC?

mukwag
02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
It seems that most of you are pissed about the FP puzzles. I think it's great that they keep doing something new, rather than just re-using stuff from previous games (Glyphs and all that jazz)

I don't get it.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/75802_464779798493_521738493_5813661_104920_n.jpg

Edit: I've misplaced this thread, it should be in the general discussion for AC:R. (Console)

lRushdown
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
The Desmond sequences were far and away the second most hated part of the game for a vast majority of players (check the single player forum and other sites). The only way they could have missed the mark any further would have been to make Den Defense DLC.

luckyto
02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
The Desmond sequences were far and away the second most hated part of the game for a vast majority of players (check the single player forum and other sites). The only way they could have missed the mark any further would have been to make Den Defense DLC.
This.

XxXZero0oXxX
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
It's not that people are *** hurt, we just didn't like the Desmond missions. Honestly, I would like to know what they were thinking when they decided to release more of them as DLC.

SquirrelInDaSky
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
The only way they could have missed the mark any further would have been to make Den Defense DLC.

haha nicely said )

If something is new, it doesnt mean it's good

luckyto
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
It's not that people are *** hurt, we just didn't like the Desmond missions. Honestly, I would like to know what they were thinking when they decided to release more of them as DLC.

My guess is that they were already near completion, but couldn't finish them to make their one-year release date. So they polished them off and are selling them as DLC. Just my guess.

lRushdown
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
My guess is that they were already near completion, but couldn't finish them to make their one-year release date. So they polished them off and are selling them as DLC. Just my guess.

What's that saying about polishing a turd?

Toki Wartoooth
02-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I liked the Desmond missions.

I guess that makes me the only one.

AntiChrist7
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I liked the Desmond missions.

I guess that makes me the only one.

nah i like them too. they are exotic.

its dlc, if people dont like it, they dont have to buy it.... people have been able to play with Ezio for 30 years, i dont understand the whining why they want any more Ezio missions. leave the guy alone, he has seen enough for one life

deadly_thought
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
the idea of paying to play extra desmond missions makes my head hurt as for the post above me i was tired of ezio after AC2 i wanted altair back

LadyGahan2010
02-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Desmond missions were different, for me personally like a fresh breath but I am not in love with FP in AC, no. I'd rather have a DLC that would satisfy my curiosity as to the apparent doors in Capadoccia, and one more place I forgot now. I realize people do not like those, but it seems to me they are more **** hurt over the MP stuff included in it than Desmond's stuff.

The_Despair_
02-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't get why people don't like the Desmond missions. Were they too hard? Do you just not like FPV?

luckyto
02-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't get why people don't like the Desmond missions. Were they too hard? Do you just not like FPV?

For me personally, I do not dislike them. Den Defence, I hated. The Desmond missions were one of the things that I thought Ubisoft handled well. They experimented in a fresh new way to reveal story and with the Animus concept, but they were smart enough to make them optional. In terms of gameplay, they were OK. Nice for a break, but not something I will ever replay. Again, it was optional - and I will never argue optional.

Though - this DLC still smells of stuff that simply didn't make their one-year development cycle and is now being sold to people; though was probably intended to be included in the game

indulgence82
02-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Personally the Desmond storyline doesn't hold my interest that much and the character's back story made me like the character less instead of more. Also lost quite a bit of interest when Lucy was gone. Maybe they will bring her back in some form but the fact that they really didn't take that plot twist and do anything with it last game annoyed me. We never really got the answer to why Desmond was forced to do it. Beyond the lack of interest in the Desmond character is the fact that while completing it I didn't enjoy the game play. I bought Assassin's Creed not a really crappy version of Portal. Games should stay true to their roots. If your going to have a mini game let it stay a short mini game and not long boring projects like den defense and Desmond missions were. The AC2 conspiracy puzzles were perfect for this and if someone didn't like those missions they barely had any relevance on the storyline. Lastly if your going to make some of the biggest draw of the DLC to be the inclusion of the pre-order items then at least give it to the players who bought the pre-order release (for probably $25 more than most) for free. Or at least give us the rest of the pre order characters we are missing. A little bit of customer appreciation would be nice for once. As it stands now Ubisoft has done more to convince me not to pre order the next game and contemplate only renting it than to actually pay full price.

luckyto
02-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Not to mention that those Desmond story missions didn't tell us anything which we already didn't know. Almost all of that backstory was revealed in AC1 and AC2.

Crumplecorn
02-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Desmod missions were one of the things that made Rev tower over the other nuACs.

But DLC is cancer.

TaRabidWesmann
02-25-2012, 06:29 AM
In my opinion,I think Desmond is more interesting than Ezio :/.After AC2,I just stopped caring.Altair is the real badass of AC.
EDIT: If im not mistaken,the DLC gives you the Crusader,Jester,and Doctor as multiplayer characters.

DannyStrong
02-25-2012, 07:54 AM
I like that theyre trying new things. I just think the first person puzzles were poorly executed. I liked the idea of it, it's a great way to tell a story.. just the controls feel so poor and the puzzles are just not challenging.,, There were a few "tricky" puzzles but they werent really puzzling, they were just tricky and it took a few tries.

Sai_Hira
02-25-2012, 08:26 AM
>played mirror's edge, beat it.

>unlocked Desmond Sequence 1.

>white assasin cannot jump.

I broke my move controller after that.

The_Despair_
02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I liked the Desmond missions much more than the usually annoying glyph puzzles. But I won't pay 10 bucks for a couple extra ones.

UrbanSaint
02-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I didn't really care much for the Desmond missions. It felt like I was just experiencing some kind of whacked-out acid trip XD. I might buy the DLC solely for the MP characters (Crusader, Jester, and Doctor), but that's a really big MIGHT

Chronomancy
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I didn't really care much for the Desmond missions. It felt like I was just experiencing some kind of whacked-out acid trip XD. I might buy the DLC solely for the MP characters (Crusader, Jester, and Doctor), but that's a really big MIGHT

This.

rafiqul84
02-25-2012, 08:55 PM

I would do the same IF there was some more customization options included in the pack - IN TERMS OF THE WAY THEY LOOK UBISOFT NOT PROFILE EDITING - yh that's right, i still remember the way we were mislead about the previous pack. Vague corporate imbeciles.