PDA

View Full Version : Intro Crap at the start of the game

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Is there any way to SKIP all that horrble nonsense? I mean, my computer crashes often with this bloody game (i'm at the Slaughterhouse/tortured human/two triangle keys part) and it was nice to see all that spacey stuff for the first fifty times, but now it's all really annoying. Why can't we just SELECT WHICH LANGUAGE WE WANT TO USE on the INSTALLER or even in the OPTIONS .EXE instead of having to NOT SELECT FRENCH/SPANISH/everything-else-not-english every SINGLE time we boot the game?

Is it reallly, REAALLLY nessicary?

Do we need to see Ubisoft's pretty logo on bootup all the time?

Not really in my opinion. I'd be satisfied with being able to bootup in to the main menu with an Ubisoft logo on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen for me to look at all the time i'm in the menu.

What i'd give for a Half-Life "-nointro" command.

PS, another thing that really bugs me is that it's too easy to select New Game by accident on bootup and have to wait half and hour every time we make that mistake. There should be a confirm dialogue for it.

LM

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Is there any way to SKIP all that horrble nonsense? I mean, my computer crashes often with this bloody game (i'm at the Slaughterhouse/tortured human/two triangle keys part) and it was nice to see all that spacey stuff for the first fifty times, but now it's all really annoying. Why can't we just SELECT WHICH LANGUAGE WE WANT TO USE on the INSTALLER or even in the OPTIONS .EXE instead of having to NOT SELECT FRENCH/SPANISH/everything-else-not-english every SINGLE time we boot the game?

Is it reallly, REAALLLY nessicary?

Do we need to see Ubisoft's pretty logo on bootup all the time?

Not really in my opinion. I'd be satisfied with being able to bootup in to the main menu with an Ubisoft logo on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen for me to look at all the time i'm in the menu.

What i'd give for a Half-Life "-nointro" command.

PS, another thing that really bugs me is that it's too easy to select New Game by accident on bootup and have to wait half and hour every time we make that mistake. There should be a confirm dialogue for it.

LM

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 08:42 AM
No way to skip unfortunately.. I agree it's annoying. If you hit new game by accident or whatever, just alt-tab out and close BGE manually in the task bar.