PDA

View Full Version : Side Missions.

sanpreet
02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Do you think there will be side missions in the game?

venkatbaggu
02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes there are side missions in the game.

Example When Jason meets doctor. that is not a part of the story. It up to our chance to meet him or not or else continue with the game story

sanpreet
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes there are side missions in the game.

Example When Jason meets doctor. that is not a part of the story. It up to our chance to meet him or not or else continue with the game story

thats cool that means it should extend the lenght of the game.

Insychanity
02-20-2012, 12:19 PM
im under the assumption that the island itself is one big side mission. devs have even said that the island will call to you, and as soon as your off teh beaten path of the main story and checking out the scenery, you are going to discover stuff, temples, mine shafts, caves etc.

i personally cant wait to spend hours just looking around, no fighting, no guns, just me and the island, completely immersed.

lil_morta_7
02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes it is confirmed that there will be side-missions and they will give you different rewards depending on the type. That's another big issue at Ubisoft this time around: making unique missions so it's not go here kill him get money kind of a system. And side-missions are supposed to not only give you a background and bits of history of the island, but also take you to different cool parts of the map that you might not have ventured to, and give you really cool, different kinds of experiences. (Like Down the Rabbit Hole, where Jason starts trippin' on shrooms.)

im_a_lazy_sod
02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
The devs said something along the lines of "if you can see it, you can get there and what you do on the way is up to you"

I see some similarities with Just Cause 2 here - open world. tropical setting, driving, gunning, main quests, side missions, factions - just FC3 is fps and a different kind of conflict PLUS there is a levelling/RPG system (if it's like GTA:SA's or just your regular run of the mill RPG with perks etc. such as extra ammo, scopes, more medikits, gun accessories, vehicle tool-box etc. then that would be nice)

Either way, if they could somehow work a mission editor in to the game, similar to the Skyrim creation kit, imagine how much more the game could suck us all in!

I'm very much looking forward to the side missions for the extra XP

TheTetraktys
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I hope there are a lot of side missions. September 7th I'll be a happy gamer.:D

JDraky
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
If its game lenth you are worried with, Jason said it would take a million hours to "Complete" this game. :D

sanpreet
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
im under the assumption that the island itself is one big side mission. devs have even said that the island will call to you, and as soon as your off teh beaten path of the main story and checking out the scenery, you are going to discover stuff, temples, mine shafts, caves etc.

i personally cant wait to spend hours just looking around, no fighting, no guns, just me and the island, completely immersed.

yeah that sounds like its going to be fun just exploring the heck out of the island.

sanpreet
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes it is confirmed that there will be side-missions and they will give you different rewards depending on the type. That's another big issue at Ubisoft this time around: making unique missions so it's not go here kill him get money kind of a system. And side-missions are supposed to not only give you a background and bits of history of the island, but also take you to different cool parts of the map that you might not have ventured to, and give you really cool, different kinds of experiences. (Like Down the Rabbit Hole, where Jason starts trippin' on shrooms.)

yeah all that stuff sounds like fun bro.

sanpreet
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
If its game lenth you are worried with, Jason said it would take a million hours to "Complete" this game. :D

yeah i was just a little concerned about the lenght of the campaign but after hearing what you guys have said has put my mind at rest.