PDA

View Full Version : Damage indicator

Ilovepho
02-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Anone else thinks that the damage indicators are too big ?

It's not a big issue but still, if they would be better if Ubi make them smaller.

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 02:30 AM
​I believe you mean the alert indicators. The damage indicators are just blood splotches on the screen.

Ilovepho
02-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah I meant the alert meters.

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 03:25 AM
'K. Just making sure I wasn't missing anything. :cool:In which case, I completely agree with you. They're too big.

legacyzero
02-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Yeah, they're a bit intrusive. I think we can lose the Alerts and keep the hit indicators

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 03:34 AM
​No! Never lose the indicators!! For stealth gameplay, those are crucial.

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Granted, they should be far smaller, but not gone completely! HAECK NAW. :p

Gump The Great
02-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Yea, luckily Ubisoft usually gives the players what HUD options you want on in the settings menu, so the first thing i am turning off is crosshairs, (way better in FC2 without them, Broke immersion) the XP bar, (no matter how small) the Minimap, and the detection indicator. I will know when i am detected by when the enemies are shooting at me, its a dead give away.

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 03:48 AM
@Gumpthegreat

My point is: the use of it is to hightail it OUT of your current position BEFORE you are detected. That's the entire use of the feature.

xsquirrelstewx
02-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Why don't they just make it so the indicators only appear when you're crouched? Obviously you wouldn't need to know that enemy sees you sprinting towards them with a combat knife. Maybe you would like to know if sneaking up behind them. See what I'm saying?

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Ahh, it's a really good idea but I think the only thing they should change is the size, and add the ability to take them off. Simple as that. Or at least mess with their opacity.

lil kimoooo
02-17-2012, 02:04 PM
its cool but could be annoying

there shouldbe an on and off for it !

lil_morta_7
02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
its cool but could be annoying

there shouldbe an on and off for it !

​FINALLY. Someone who understands both sides.

sanpreet
02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
i dont like those numbers above the enemies head.

BattlePHILd
02-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I like that in the new footage you can see that they moved the points marker (+10, +5, etc...) over to the side above the mini-map. But I couldn't agree more that the alert indicators are way too glaring! They need to be much smaller or, even better removed. I understand the argument that if you are being stealth, you want to know that you've been seen, but there are other ways to do this. For one, if you are being shot at, YOU"VE BEEN SEEN. Also, they could let you know by using AI dialogue, where when one AI says to another, "Did you hear something?" or "I think I saw somebody." Or they are alone, something like "Is somebody out there? Show yourself!" These are much better ways to let the player know they've been detected without covering the screen with white and red arrows! Wouldn't you say?

Fallen-Champ
02-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I would like to turn the indicators off, that option for On / Off as already stated would be best - same for the XP - an option to turn it On / Off also.

I don't think the XP would really annoy me but being the odd type of player I am I don't just upgrade weapons because I can - I often stick with the same stuff for long periods, I would turn off most stuff also if the option was available.

If the Alert Indicator can not be removed I would still play the game all the same but it does annoy me in the demo already and I have not even had a chance to play the game.