PDA

View Full Version : Free Run Drop

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 07:35 PM
I think we owe someone an apology.

Free Run Drops are very much possible. As seen in the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlQI1GGFcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8R-hGPOmXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9TzFNKu9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy9M4N97MHw

Doing one of the hardest Parkour moves in Assassin's Creed Revelations, the Free Run Drop.

To do it hold the High Profile (Right Trigger) and Legs (A/X/Right buton), run towards the edge and right at the edge let go of the Legs buton. Once you practice and get it right it becomes a useful skill, most notably in chases

wow can't write buton correctly -.-

Acrimonious_Nin
02-16-2012, 07:53 PM
o..m..g its not possible this move is real... well then.....Q.Q atleast he has gotten his video and anwer lol

The13Doctors
02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
o..m..g its not possible this move is real... well then.....Q.Q atleast he has gotten his video and anwer lol

After reading the thread I gave it a try, it took me 3 tries to get it right.

Scystab
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
The free run drop is explained in Brotherhood, virtual training: I belive the first session in the Race category. While you run the course the "hints displey" explains what you need to do.

The basic moves are more or less the same in Revelations (that is valid for atleast the free run drop and the dubble-kill streaks <3 )

LightRey
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
The free run drop is explained in Brotherhood, virtual training: I belive the first session in the Race category. While you run the course the "hints displey" explains what you need to do.

The basic moves are more or less the same in Revelations (that is valid for atleast the free run drop and the dubble-kill streaks <3 )

Ah yes, of course. That's how I learned it.

InfectedNation
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Hasn't this been possible in every AC game? I wasn't aware of any doubt about this move....

LightRey
02-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Hasn't this been possible in every AC game? I wasn't aware of any doubt about this move....

I think so. I'm pretty sure I used it during my last playthroughs of AC1 and AC2.

rileypoole1234
02-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I didn't know this was an unknown move o.O

LightRey
02-17-2012, 01:14 AM

There are lots of moves that many people can't figure out. Even though there are tutorials for almost every single one of them in the games themselves.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 02:04 AM
ever t-bag a dead body..
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpW_rdaFp6OJw3vJOVie4nXgNmCzeEX 7agcPsd69szoZ8uzeNJUQ

The13Doctors
02-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Everyone was doubting it in that other thread...

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Everyone was doubting it in that other thread...
I wasn't i just started getting frustrated and gave up on him...everyone else posted doubts from the beginning... -___-

nukelukespuke34
02-17-2012, 07:37 AM
THANK YOU. I knew it was possible. There were plenty of times when I've done it by accident, but didn't know how I did it. And whenever I tried to do it again, Ezio just ends up running to the edge, stops, and flails about.

The13Doctors
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
THANK YOU. I knew it was possible. There were plenty of times when I've done it by accident, but didn't know how I did it. And whenever I tried to do it again, Ezio just ends up running to the edge, stops, and flails about.

Yeah, you have to hold legs and high profile then let go of legs just before the jump. Best shown in the last video.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
you do realize there are 3 threads dedicated to a near useless move that only gets you hurt and damages armor(not to mention the amount of akce your going to waist when the armor breaks)

http://b.images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/14697257.jpg

LordWolv
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I knew this in ACI. I only use a jump like this if it's low enough not to damage myself, because I'm not stupid.. thread closed.
:s

LightRey
02-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I knew this in ACI. I only use a jump like this if it's low enough not to damage myself, because I'm not stupid.. thread closed.
:s

I think I did too, though I didn't really use it consciously until ACB.

LordWolv
02-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I think I did too, though I didn't really use it consciously until ACB.
They do look pretty awesome if you do it infront of guards, but yeah..

Acrimonious_Nin
02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
i agreed with you isaac is does ... :D ...u.u

wolfy000
02-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah does anyone have any tips, cause i still cant do it, as you get to the ledge right, well some people have different perceptions of what that is, how close are we talking about cause i really wanna learn how to do this but i cant ever seem to do it, can anyone help

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah does anyone have any tips, cause i still cant do it, as you get to the ledge right, well some people have different perceptions of what that is, how close are we talking about cause i really wanna learn how to do this but i cant ever seem to do it, can anyone help

Don't do it until the last second. One of the main reasons I fail at it, when I do, is because I anticipate. Don't be scared to fall, it won't actually hurt you.

For practicing it, go to a location that's not to high, I recommend the Grand Bazaar and you can easily climb it and it has plenty of space to run. First walk up to the edge and verify that you will drop once you get to the last layer, then go back, run forward, and without letting go of anything else, let go of solely legs, keep moving forward, it's only at the single last second.

Watch that last video, it's on the Right Side of the Hagia Sophia, that section has a design perfect for practicing which in the video I show exactly where to jump off.

The13Doctors
02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Seriously, what else? Commentary? If I get my phone working as a Microphone I'll try it.