PDA

View Full Version : Random city events?

pirate1802
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
I read somewhere that the devs replaced the side missions from the previous games with the so-called random city events, where you would sometimes encounter, like a shop being robbed, or a child asking for your help. But what I (and all hose whom I've talked to) have encountered so far, is one dude asking for a fist fight and one guy in the port requesting me to carry some stuff.. no of them were fun. So what happened? where did the other "random city events" go? Revelations doesn't have alot of side missions (no as much as brotherhood atleast), so having those cool random event would have been great. Its such a shame that they designed such a beautiful city this time around, but you've got nothing to do in it once you're done with the main storyline. It feels empty, whereas Brotherhood still felt "full" after the main story ended. Also, why this disturbing lack of side missions? Why have the faction HQs, whose sole purpose is to give you ONE side mission :| It's sad, because otherwise Revelations is quite spectacular, and had it had Brotherhood's side-quest quantity, it would have been the best AC, in my book.

P.S. My first post 1 ^_^

D.I.D.
02-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Those things didn't happen. The closest thing to them is the fist fight and box-carrying points that you've already seen. Perhaps the occasional faction and recruitment events were meant to be part of this (but of course those weren't random at all). And yes, it's just very low on side missions, and the ones we got were very perfunctory.

We'll have to wait for AC3 to see genuine random events, I suppose.

pirate1802
02-17-2012, 04:35 AM
I wonder why they didn't happen, surely the devs didn't mean to include just fistfights and box carrying missions.Or are they sacrificing singleplayer content for multiplayer? The optimist inside me says no but the pessimist says yes. :(

AntiChrist7
02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
yep i was dissapointed that there were only fights and boxcarrying

AndersAuditore
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Random Events sucks.