PDA

View Full Version : new to multiplayer

Duvellken
02-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I wanted to know how to make a good stun on someone who wants to kill you

the menu say's to use B ****on but is there timing needed cause it fails most of the time
do you need to face your opponent or does it work when they attack you from behind? this is only my second day since ive been playing the mutliplayer

protesticle
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Welcome,

First either centre the character you want to stun, using the right thumbstick. The highlight will change to their persona.

Or

Use LT or L2 and place a lock onto the persona

Then push B/O when you approach them, it will attempt to stun the highlighted persona.

Stunning and Killing simultaneously will result in the defending player dying from an honorable death, which will reduce the other players kill quality down to a discreet and will be titled a contested kill.

If you want to increase the rate of stun, either; catch your pursuer off guard, use an ability, or stand over a fallen team mate.

Stopthemadness87
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Try to catch your pursuer by surprise. If he tries to kill you at the same time as you're trying to stun him, you're going to end up dead. If he's coming from behind, you can have your back turned and get the stun, but you need to turn your camera around to face your pursuer. Also try to use corners. If you know who's after you, walk around a corner and wait for him. Most players wont react quick enough to kill you.

You'll get your smokebomb at level 20, which is very effective to stop pursuers when you learn how to time it right. Disguise can also be used if you use it before your pursuer spots you..

Duvellken
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM
i'll give it a try, thank you

AntiChrist7
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
there are two things you can do: either you play in the normal sessions, and you will get your *** kicked reguraly because you play against players who are more experienced and have more abilities. but you will learn a lot like this too.

or you play a lot of simple deathmatch. there you can use no abilities or perks, so everyone is equal.

i would advice the first thing. simple deathmatch is quite annoying, especcially when you are in the lead

deadly_thought
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
youre in for one hell of a ride buddy strap in and grab a beer youll need it....

Moi-dix-Mois43
02-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Yep, pretty much what everyone else says. You either need to catch them by surprise or use an ability to stop them.

Defensive Abilities: Smoke Bomb, Mute, Firecrackers, Tripwire Bomb, Bodyguard (?), Charge

Smoke bomb is the best, you pretty much always need it on defense. Mute to me at least is the second best, but remember: it lasts 1.5 seconds, you need to practice TIMING! Fircrackers will disorientate your pursuer and cause them to lose their locks. Though I wouldn't suggest it for Revelations. Tripwire bomb needs to be placed in front of you, or behind you, or wherever your purser will step on it first. Do not be standing in the middle of it. Bodyguard never works for me :'( Charge is also not suggested for Revelations, it's about as useless as n!ipples on a breastplate, kudos if you get the reference ;) Brotherhood on the other hand, it can be very useful, but it tends to have a long reload time.

Hope this helps! ^~^