PDA

View Full Version : open world or levels?

Woden99
02-11-2012, 10:20 PM
is fc3 going to be one big map or seperate levels? I miss playing seperate levels, it's what made fc1 last imo. i'm not keen on games with one big map, fc2 was extremely repetitive and didn't have any interesting locations.

Fireseed
02-11-2012, 11:09 PM
As far as I know itīs a big open world with several islands. But they could split the whole world in seperated "sectors"...
We will see...

lil_morta_7
02-12-2012, 12:53 AM
I think they're going to weave it in. Take, for example, the E3 demo. There are definitely going to be places where, if entered at the right progression in the game will trigger an important event that you can either take part in, (Like running up to Vass terrorizing the village) or leave alone. Simply get out of the well, kill that guy, get his AK and swim to the right, letting Vaas alone to his business. I also think they will have side quests similar to games like Skyrim or Guild Wars. Extra things that you can do to get on the side of the people.

Martythemerc
02-12-2012, 03:57 AM
yes, FC 2 gave you choices on how to approach or not approach a mission at all. I've played it 5 times now, and each time I've played has been different. A new game with new strategies and weapon loads of my choosing. Those that don't understand how to play it, find it boring. Play it completely differently than you play other games. Get out of the box and don't expect a hand to lead you where to go.

The4orTy67
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ubisoft said it's open world.

B STATS
03-16-2012, 05:39 AM
Open World and good thing too. It is the future, anything less than FC2 in graphics and freedom is a step backwards in gaming.

Bethy_Anne
03-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I cant believe anyone prefers linear levels over a free and open world. Free roam and being able to do what you want is what made FC2 one of the best FPS i have ever played. If i wanted to run and gun, snipe, sneak in or use bombs, it was my choice. Having to use a zip line here, and a run and gun approach on this level because it was "designed that way" is a huge let down.

They say its an open world, but I am not convinced. The missions are set pieces, and alot of the game happens in missions

o0Kman0o
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Linear levels tend to have a more intense, 'Micheal Bay' Experiences because it's all pretty much scripted! So the story-lines tend to be more complex and more stuff seems to happen in a shorter amount of time. Linear levels help drive the story!

UbiTimS
03-16-2012, 04:25 PM
We do have some intense missions (i.e. escaping the sinking boat sequence) that are just as intense as any other FPS, but we've integrated it with a huge open-world for the you to explorer.

Interesting locations is something we're also focused on. We're taking extra care in making sure there's plenty of different locations for you to explore on the island and that you're rewarded for your exploration.

o0Kman0o
03-16-2012, 08:29 PM
We do have some intense missions (i.e. escaping the sinking boat sequence) that are just as intense as any other FPS, but we've integrated it with a huge open-world for the you to explorer.

Interesting locations is something we're also focused on. We're taking extra care in making sure there's plenty of different locations for you to explore on the island and that you're rewarded for your exploration.

Sounds bloody brilliant!

Ilovepho
03-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Interesting locations is something we're also focused on. We're taking extra care in making sure there's plenty of different locations for you to explore on the island and that you're rewarded for your exploration.Sounds fantastic!

I like FC2 a lot but it's a shame that its huge and gorgeous open world doesn't have any interesting locations to explore.
So I'm very happy to hear that Ubisoft is focused on the exploration aspect of FC3. It will be a truly masterpiece and the best FPS of this gen.

From what I've heard and seen, FC3 looks like a dream comes true for me.

Bethy_Anne
03-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Wonderful!

But how much content happens outside of these intense missions. Will there just be open world areas where you can accomplish combat the way you see fit? Alot of the combat other then the respawning check points happened in missions (main, companion, gun convoy)

sanpreet
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
its defintly gunna be open world and that really excites me alot.:D

yarrrrrr9
07-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Linearity is bad. Always. Period.

All the characters, Vaas included, should be able to be killed with your gun as any other character. Not in some weird cutscene like somethings.

Mr_Shade
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum - please remember not to necro - 2 year old threads please.