PDA

View Full Version : Community Animation Discussion Thread.

lil kimoooo
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
animations
1.sliding
2.take-downs
3.super jump (possibly)
4.takng-leaving...... turrets
5.jumping up a ledge
6.shooting from cover
7.healling (possibly)
8.zip-lines
9.interacting with objects (ex:doors)
10.reaction to falling in water
11.swimming
12.climbing (possibly mountains invovled)
13.reaction to explosion (possibly just like he reacted to the bomb onthe ship )

if im missing something please inform me! :D

theyeti90
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I hope they keep the healing system they had in Far Cry 2. And as a result they add many heal animations to the game.

DapperHayden007
02-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Viragoxv, They had it modded so that you cannot die in the demo as it will kinda be embarrasing. I don't know what to think about animations. It is a tricky one

lil kimoooo
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM
i would love , love , love ,love to see healling animations return !!!!!!!!!!!

also i would love to see lots of cool animations ex: sliding ( present ) and dolphin diving ext.........

o0Kman0o
02-06-2012, 06:07 PM
i would love , love , love ,love to see healling animations return !!!!!!!!!!!

also i would love to see lots of cool animations ex: sliding ( present ) and dolphin diving ext.........

Sliding down a Hill while Hip firing your gun, now that would be awesome.

theyeti90
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
One thing that I am hoping for is kill animations that are not scripted for example the kill in the video where he takes the guys knife kills him with it and then throws it at the guy on the chair. I am hoping that can be used in multiple situations not just that one part of the game.

lil kimoooo
02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Sliding down a Hill while Hip firing your gun, now that would be awesome.

now thats cool thnking !

and also climbing mountains animations would be nice !

Fallen-Champ
02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I would like to see the annimations taken out and have a quick switch in and out of vehicles, If they keep things the same as Far Cry 2 then I hope they can speed it up a little bit.

It took too long to get into the car, then if you were in the passenger seat you had to switch and then start the car - Before you got going the car usually goes boom in multiplayer as you have been taken out by an RPG.

Healing other players was all one way, it would have been better if the player doing the healing could snap out of it to defend himself if needed rather than just been useless and defenseless.

The fixing of cars and boats was better with the upgrades as it speed-ed things up a little.
As for fixing weapons (jams) we could always switch to another weapon or by upgrading the weapons that became better also.

Opening and closing doors was fine for me.
I would rather just jump onto or run onto a ladder and attach without having to press a ****on also we can not jump off we have to go to the top or bottom to get off - the same as the Diamond, just touch it to attach/collect.

Some animations were tolerable and ok and others for me needed either taking out or speeding up.
If I were project manager I would simplify a lot of stuff and make it so that players had more options for constant movement, I would not want to break up a multiplayer game with animations and stuff - I would want it constantly flowing and accessible, we all want different things from the game but that is my opinion.

Fallen-Champ
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
True but is it realistic not been able to jump off a ladder half way up, I know I would jump off onto a ledge or water below rather than just get shot because you cant get back down or up quick enough.
And if your buddy was on the ground wounded and you went to apply a bandage but came under fire would you just keep doing first aid or would you defend yourself or even run out of the way for cover - I agree that it would take away some of the realism which a lot of you love but I would choose controlling game play over watching animation any day, Otherwise you end up with something like Shenmue (which is a game I actually enjoyed) For a 1st person shooter I myself want to be more in control of what I can do, with more options the 2 of us could go to an injured friend and start healing - we come under fire, I run for cover and start shooting back and you are stuck in an animation sequence and have no control which 8 out of 10 times will result in death - which is the most fun - I think I would feel better from those 2 situations.

But I do see your point, for me it takes some of the fun out of the game and the control away from the player which is bad when it is at critical times.
Maybe leave it in single player but speed it up or remove it for multi player because small user made maps are more intense and faster paced and it is not good to mess around on those type of maps. IMO

lil kimoooo
02-07-2012, 11:50 PM
if i had to choose between speeding animations up or removing it i would defently choose speedng it up...........

i dont like the idea when you wanna get into a car (POOF) your in it ............you have to open the door and get in godammit ! thaat aint a big deal !

ladders : i bet you its fixed now ( as you can see from the demo you will be able to shoot , and jump off ! )thats the zpline though but they're kinda the same .......

healling animations : i think they' fix it

i love game animations , you know why ?
cause it makes me feel like im over there fighting with them , other wise every thing is magic and you feel that this is foolish !

i also hope you could be able to lift a wounded friendly on the ground to cover and then heal him or revive him ! in animation ofcourse

as you can see animations will most probably return cause of the ( getting in helicopter - death from above - falling to water - getting out camera - zipline )

i just hope they return the picking up guns or amunition animations from fc2 ! seemed so realistic and thats what they are lookin for !

dont forget to out ( showing off gun )animations when you stay still for a while ! like in fc2 !

Fireseed
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
dont forget to out ( showing off gun )animations when you stay still for a while ! like in fc2 !

Indeed, I love them when the character is playing with the gun a little bit !!!

lil_morta_7
02-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Well, as far as healing and gun jamming animations from FC2, they have confirmed that there is regenerative health and no weapon jamming or rusting, so those are out. (Thanks God.) As LilKimooo said, climbing mountains, (if climbing is included in the game, which it BETTER BE) should have some sort of animation, which I'm sure it will, if it's in the game. You can notice a slight weapon sway as the player jumps into the water in the demo. Not really too much of an animation, (well, it is) but still. pretty cool to see such attention to detail. :D

DapperHayden007
02-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Well, as far as healing and gun jamming animations from FC2, they have confirmed that there is regenerative health and no weapon jamming or rusting, so those are out. (Thanks God.)

They said that there is a possibility of having weapon degrading but on a much minor scale. (Mentioned in an interview on youtube) and also they have not mentioned regenerative health anywhere. Just because it looked like that on the demo, doesn't mean it has regenerating health. The demo was shown at a wide audience and they had to make it so he couldn't die, otherwise it would be embarrassing.

GuZZ33
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
what type of animations would you like to see in Farcry 3 ?..
The art of animation, a.i movement and motion capture in game development is fluidity, some if not most animations in fc2 appeared canned and really quite laughable to say the least :), The favourable outcome for the most part would be a smooth, fluid and believable animation all round in FarCry 3.

lil kimoooo
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
healling animations are cool , puts u in the mood of the game

lil kimoooo
02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
updated !