PDA

View Full Version : Some Cool Thoughts

NOBLEcloud
02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey, guys. So I've been wondering about several different things in FC3. 1.) Weapon customization. 2.) Extra... Bits and blobs, I guess you could say. So, first, weapon customization. Wouldn't it make the game way cooler if you would load each weapon up with, say, a red dot, silencer and a front grip? (or something like that) it would make equipment way deeper. just a thought. But, more importantly on my mind is the second part of what I mentioned. "Bits and blobs", i called it. So look: it would be AMAZING if there were special areas, with historical artifacts and stuff like that, hidden in caves, with water beautifully reflecting on the ceiling, or in temples, (which they already confirmed in basically any dub-over or interview of the E3 demo)? I can just imagine, storms are rolling in, I climb up a cliff of a deep ravine. Complete solitude. No enemies to bother me. I finally make it to the top, and I look out over the coast. And then i look over and see a little cave, I go inside and i find a bunch if historic stuff. That could also give these places named and make more trophies/achievements out of them. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?!

P.S Sorry for my... "poetic" approach to the idea? xD have a good day, guys.

lil kimoooo
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
well , dan hay did say , the more u discover the more u find secrets about the islands !

that sounds pretty intresting huh.......

and no weapon costumization ,,, get away from cod , bf and moh THIS IS FARCRY !!!!

Tigra2009
02-02-2012, 08:27 PM
... and no weapon costumization ,,, get away from cod , bf and moh THIS IS FARCRY !!!!
I agree with you http://smayly.ru/gallery/anime/Yolks/nice.png
Island - it isn't that place, where should be full of SPECIAL FORCES weapons))
Let's say, the weapon must be from the category "hunter" http://smayly.ru/gallery/anime/Yolks/gangs.png

DapperHayden007
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know what to think about the weapon customisation idea, I know that it is likely to be in the game due to demand and the newer screenshots.
For multiplayer, it will play a key role to gameplay and single player, they do look like smugglers so you know...

lil kimoooo
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I agree with you http://smayly.ru/gallery/anime/Yolks/nice.png
Island - it isn't that place, where should be full of SPECIAL FORCES weapons))
Let's say, the weapon must be from the category "hunter"http://smayly.ru/gallery/anime/Yolks/gangs.png

lol exact;y !

The4orTy67
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Weapon customization is great when done on the fly. I loved it in Crysis and Crysis 2.

lil kimoooo
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
i dont think weapon costumization will be prsent in multiplayer if u can hardly find attachments in singleplayer due to danhay's words...

those screenshots were like the silenced mp5 in fc2 ! just there !

Ilovepho
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Weapon customization is great when done on the fly. I loved it in Crysis and Crysis 2.

Yes it is. I like both FC2 and Crysis. Each has the good and bad things but one of my gripes about FC2 is the lack of weapon customization. To be honest, the idea of weapon load-out is stupid. I undestand Clint Hocking tried to make FC2 different but he forgot that "different" is good only when it's fun.

FC3 MUST have weapon customiztion or else I'd go to Ubi offices in Montreal and blow everything up.

lil kimoooo
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
this aint cod baby !

NOBLEcloud
02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
What the hell, guys?! "this aint cod baby!" "get away from cod , bf and moh THIS IS FARCRY !!!!" XD You, my good sir, are hilarious in your stupidity. OH, because Call of Duty or Battlefield have weapon customization, *fanboy activated* OHMYGAHD NOEWZ!!! THIS IS FAR CRY!!!-really, bro. REAL LIFE HAS WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION. if you guys are complaining about realism, why hate on weapon customization?! Okay, let's go your route. Ditch fall damage, it's copying Call of Duty. Remember: this is Far Cry.- See?! You guys are just like bad argument hippy. -_- Make some sense, PLEASE.

NOBLEcloud
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
ALTHOUGH, I can see your point about how we should keep Far Cry unique and I agree. All I'm saying is: if something is in real life, and you're talking about how we should keep this game real, don't hate on it. Simple enough, right? And sure, 12X scopes, sub-sonic ammo and crazy crap like that I can see you'd leave out because this is a rural island. but ever since the 40s, we've had forms of SILENCERS, and grips and other simple things like that. So leaving it out for the sake of realism makes no sense. If we have AKs and M1911s, we'd have silencers and grips as well. And on the multiplayer side, do whatever the crap you want. As long as I can make beast maps and play around with friends on them, I'M VERY HAPPY.

Ilovepho
02-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Maybe you guys can complain about that lacking on the multiplayer part, i really can't imagine having high tech weaponry in an african set! ..and even less on a remote tropical island!
this aint cod baby !

What ? The original Far Cry has it and it sets in a tropical island.

NOBLEcloud
02-02-2012, 11:55 PM
What ? The original Far Cry has it and it sets in a tropical island.

round of applause for a smart guy, here. ;)

P.S I'm not telling this community they're stupid. Just thought I'd make that clear. Someone just wasn't making sense. And I also have a short-temper. Sorry. xD

NOBLEcloud
02-03-2012, 12:10 AM
The point is that FarCry is aiming at realism and immersion. The original FarCry was in no way realistic so don't let yourself confuse between the two realms

Did you even read my past replies? :|

NOBLEcloud
02-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Oh. XD Sorry, brah.

lil kimoooo
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Ahem , im not stupid , im just not a nerd...........

you wanna know whats stupid ??

whats stupid is thinking that in an island filled with insane people that dont know right from wrong and want you dead ! and still they should give you weapon attachents to help you kill them right ! cause that will make it realistic for a lost island to have elite special forces's weapons and attachments

srry bud , when dan hay said ( you will hardly find those kind of weapons with attachments ! ) in an interview ! he meant it !

NOBLEcloud
02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Ahem , im not stupid , im just not a nerd...........

you wanna know whats stupid ??

whats stupid is thinking that in an island filled with insane people that dont know right from wrong and want you dead ! and still they should give you weapon attachents to help you kill them right ! cause that will make it realistic for a lost island to have elite special forces's weapons and attachments

HAHAH you're great x) Special forces weapons and attachments?! maybe the weapon I mentioned, but last time I checked, a silencer and a grip WASN'T SF!!!! They'll give you equipment? What the HELL are you rambling on about? I said they might have it, then you would kill them, and have it. BESIDES, there's already a silencer confirmed so untwist your little panties, kimoo! and where's this interview?? I'd love to see it. You obviously didn't read my post right, "bud."

lil kimoooo
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
look , i know there will be attachments in single player ! but in an interview dan hay said yo'll hardly find a weapon with attachments while free roaming sadly i cant remember which interview !

NOBLEcloud
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Well then I don't believe you. T^T haha

lil kimoooo
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM
ookay , well me and you arent sure about the multiplayer side but lets just hope !

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Original post should have been made in existing threads
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/506162-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-Far-Cry-3-Useful-Links-and-Info)Abuse of forum mamber is not tolerated.

Thread closed.