PDA

View Full Version : Secret Dialogue

CkSwtos
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G99E6qxa3is&feature=related

I just found this video, did it happen to anyone else???

EDIT: Just got it, it is unloacked when we get all the books-sage trophy. Any idea how to replay it?

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 06:40 PM
yea this happen to me but i didnt know it was when you get the book trophy, it happened to me when i beat the game and i went back to the HQ. but i wouldnt know how to replay it but its nothing biggie either so...

CkSwtos
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
yea this happen to me but i didnt know it was when you get the book trophy, it happened to me when i beat the game and i went back to the HQ. but i wouldnt know how to replay it but its nothing biggie either so...
I liked it pretty much, that's why I would like to replay it :/

kenshijr
02-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I liked it pretty much, that's why I would like to replay it :/

why? not much to say here

JumpInTheFire13
02-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks for posting this. I got the trophy but I never went back inside the den for some reason

Rogue Agent 035
02-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Not to highjack this thread with non-sense, but I do have one teeny little question about this....

I am beginning my 2nd run through of ACR to pick-up some achievements I neglected during the first. An I was curious, do you need to return to the hideout an see this in order to get the "Sage" Achievement? Cause during my 1st run through I obtained all the books possible an for some reason the achievement never kicked in.

Thanks in Advance.....

Rogue Agent 035

LordWolv
02-02-2012, 07:52 AM
I haven't encountered this. Thanks for posting!

CkSwtos
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Not to highjack this thread with non-sense, but I do have one teeny little question about this....

I am beginning my 2nd run through of ACR to pick-up some achievements I neglected during the first. An I was curious, do you need to return to the hideout an see this in order to get the "Sage" Achievement? Cause during my 1st run through I obtained all the books possible an for some reason the achievement never kicked in.

Thanks in Advance.....

Rogue Agent 035

Are you sure you collected all the books? There are also 4-5 books in Capadoccia. Make sure you get hem as well. I have heard that there was a glitch with the sage trophy and I don't know if it was fixed. Also you have to collect all the books and probably get the trophy if it's your first run of the game. If it's your second, just collect all the books.

MarleyMon81
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Might have to check this out. Got the Sage achievement in November, but never went back to the Assassin HQ.

Rogue Agent 035
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Are you sure you collected all the books? There are also 4-5 books in Capadoccia. Make sure you get hem as well. I have heard that there was a glitch with the sage trophy and I don't know if it was fixed. Also you have to collect all the books and probably get the trophy if it's your first run of the game. If it's your second, just collect all the books.

Thnx Ck..., Will do, yeah I can't remember if I did get em at first in Capadocia..., but was rushin to see how the story ended, will this time though.

Thnx again

mustangmaniak20
02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Why does everything in Capadoccia hve to be so **** EXPENSIVE?!!!

LightRey
02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Why does everything in Capadoccia hve to be so **** EXPENSIVE?!!!

because it's near the end of the game when you get there.

Moultonborough
02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
because it's near the end of the game when you get there.

That could be part of it. But I think mostly because it is in a Templar city.

AntiChrist7
02-02-2012, 07:42 PM
nice find. In brotherhood there were some cutscenes with leonardo, but i never got them...

CkSwtos
02-02-2012, 09:10 PM
nice find. In brotherhood there were some cutscenes with leonardo, but i never got them...

Just search in the map the "L" that you see when Leo has someting to give you, go there and talk to him, you will get the cutscenes.

rafiqul84
02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Ever since the stupid update its impossible to get the "lightning strikes" and "sage" trophies/Achievements, so yh thanks ubisoft not only have i lost out on gamerscore turns out i also lose a chunk of story that (though may not mean alot) i would have preferred to see. Idiots - FIX YOUR GAME.

Black_Widow9
02-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Ever since the stupid update its impossible to get the "lightning strikes" and "sage" trophies/Achievements, so yh thanks ubisoft not only have i lost out on gamerscore turns out i also lose a chunk of story that (though may not mean alot) i would have preferred to see. Idiots - FIX YOUR GAME.
After the new Title Update has been released/applied, all you need to do is reload your Saved Game and it will work. Provided you met the requirements. :p

TorQue1988
02-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I found this in my first playthrough. I was sure that something like this would happen because of the rare books you had to collect, and if i'm not mistaking (it has been a while since i've played the game) there ar hints about this in previous conversations with Sofia, but i could be wrong.
And yes there were some conversations with Leo in ACB, other than the story ones or when you buy an upgrade. The funny thing is you can still visit Leo during the DLC even though he should be kidnapped, and i have encountered a particular cutscene during the DLC although i am not sure if it only occurs when you install the DLC.

TorQue1988
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
A bit off topic here, but didn't want to create a new thread for this.
In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood when Cesare attacks the Villa he says "Give me the gun his friend fashioned for us", referring to Leonardo obviously.
Now my problem with this is that Cesare knows Leonardo is a friend of Ezio but he still grants him freedom in Rome. I know Leo told Ezio when they first meet in Rome that Cesare made him build the war machines and so on, but still why the hell would he be left to roam somewhat freely in the city so he could meet with Ezio, and why would Cesare pay him for his work (even though very little as Leo says when he asks Ezio for money to build the gadgets)?
I know it's a bit nit picky and it's not important but for me it's an annoying plot hole. Sorry if this was mentioned before on the forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9N_25wRKdY&feature=relmfu at 6:01

CkSwtos
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
A bit off topic here, but didn't want to create a new thread for this.
In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood when Cesare attacks the Villa he says "Give me the gun his friend fashioned for us", referring to Leonardo obviously.
Now my problem with this is that Cesare knows Leonardo is a friend of Ezio but he still grants him freedom in Rome. I know Leo told Ezio when they first meet in Rome that Cesare made him build the war machines and so on, but still why the hell would he be left to roam somewhat freely in the city so he could meet with Ezio, and why would Cesare pay him for his work (even though very little as Leo says when he asks Ezio for money to build the gadgets)?
I know it's a bit nit picky and it's not important but for me it's an annoying plot hole. Sorry if this was mentioned before on the forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9N_25wRKdY&feature=relmfu at 6:01
I've noticed that as well, it's a bit confusing but I think I have an answer.
Leonardo just goes out of the Castel St' Angelo for a pretty short time and Cesare is never around there to stop him. Also I belive that he is always in his workshop that we saw in the DLC and he can go out to get some air. As for the money, Cesare pays him the money needed to build the war machines or he thinks he does. I mean, that leonardo could tell him an amount of mine that he is going to need for the construction and he will not use all of it.

The13Doctors
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Thing is, Cesare doesn't know that Leonardo is meeting Ezio and Leo isn't a prisoner, they are forcing him to build for them, doesn't mean they will incarcerate him. As mentioned above, Cesare is hardly ever there and doesn't have time to tend to small matters such as figuring out if some person he probably only once saw personally is doing all the time. He has more pressing matters, presumably. It's not like he knew what Leo was doing.

Also, he has to pay Leonardo something, yeah he was bad but he wasn't a Tyrant. He was going to be a good ruler, a good leader makes tough decisions, just for him he was corrupt, but not an idiot either. If someone is building you War Machines that will allow you to conquer the whole of Italy, you pay them, he didn't want Leo to starve to death and not be able to build more. As he said, it was very little anyways. Also, Leo was a man of great Wisdom and could harness the Apple, Cesare needed him, or at the very least could use him.

Before you mention Cristina, she was a prisoner of War, Leonardo wasn't. The machines were made, that much is obvious so he did need plenty of time to make them. But Leonardo was a free man, not a prisoner or slave. Cesare probably would want to stay on his good side to keep him working. A [relatively] happy man works better than an enslaved prisoner. Also, for all he knew, Ezio was probably dead in his mind. All Cesare saw was Ezio get shot and fall down several stories, after that he didn't see him, until much later.

As for the DLC, I believe that it was after Cesare was captured, based on the time.

CkSwtos
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Thing is, Cesare doesn't know that Leonardo is meeting Ezio and Leo isn't a prisoner, they are forcing him to build for them, doesn't mean they will incarcerate him. As mentioned above, Cesare is hardly ever there and doesn't have time to tend to small matters such as figuring out if some person he probably only once saw personally is doing all the time. He has more pressing matters, presumably. It's not like he knew what Leo was doing.

Also, he has to pay Leonardo something, yeah he was bad but he wasn't a Tyrant. He was going to be a good ruler, a good leader makes tough decisions, just for him he was corrupt, but not an idiot either. If someone is building you War Machines that will allow you to conquer the whole of Italy, you pay them, he didn't want Leo to starve to death and not be able to build more. As he said, it was very little anyways. Also, Leo was a man of great Wisdom and could harness the Apple, Cesare needed him, or at the very least could use him.

Before you mention Cristina, she was a prisoner of War, Leonardo wasn't. The machines were made, that much is obvious so he did need plenty of time to make them. But Leonardo was a free man, not a prisoner or slave. Cesare probably would want to stay on his good side to keep him working. A [relatively] happy man works better than an enslaved prisoner. Also, for all he knew, Ezio was probably dead in his mind. All Cesare saw was Ezio get shot and fall down several stories, after that he didn't see him, until much later.

As for the DLC, I believe that it was after Cesare was captured, based on the time.
I partly agree with you. Cesare was mad and obsessed with his power and his great plans. Leo was a prisoner. As about the DLC, there are not many details in the game for this time period. Some may disagree with what I'm going to say, but it is a kind of intel on that period. Based on the ACB novel, Cesre was captured and imprisoned to the Castel St' Angel where he escaped and Ezio cptured him again. The location of his next prison and it was classified even from Ezio. Only the pope knew and the queen and king of spin about the place. All Ezio knew was that it was a tower in Spain. Before he sailed for Spain, he visited Leo at his workshop and thisis where the DLC takes place. Cesare was captured two times before he died. His being captive, though, has nothing to do with Leo's workshop. In the previus game , we see, that every time a new offered occured, Leo had a new workshop from every new boss he had. So I believe, tht Cesare nd Rodrigo, had a new workshop, made for him.

That's enaough intel I think :cool:

LightRey
02-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I partly agree with you. Cesare was mad and obsessed with his power and his great plans. Leo was a prisoner. As about the DLC, there are not many details in the game for this time period. Some may disagree with what I'm going to say, but it is a kind of intel on that period. Based on the ACB novel, Cesre was captured and imprisoned to the Castel St' Angel where he escaped and Ezio cptured him again. The location of his next prison and it was classified even from Ezio. Only the pope knew and the queen and king of spin about the place. All Ezio knew was that it was a tower in Spain. Before he sailed for Spain, he visited Leo at his workshop and thisis where the DLC takes place. Cesare was captured two times before he died. His being captive, though, has nothing to do with Leo's workshop. In the previus game , we see, that every time a new offered occured, Leo had a new workshop from every new boss he had. So I believe, tht Cesare nd Rodrigo, had a new workshop, made for him.

That's enaough intel I think :cool:

Eh, no. Leorardo was never a prisoner as The13Doctors says. He was in Cesare's employ, just like he was irl. That is why he was free to walk around. He was threatened and paid little, yes, but he was a free man as long as he worked on the war machines and helped study the apple.

And seriously guys? The DLC says it takes place in 1506. That is right after Ezio took care of the apple and one year before he killed Cesare.

TorQue1988
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but things still don't add up for me.
Cesare was a paranoid sociopath (both in reality and in the game). My problem is that if he knew Leonardo was helping the enemy, judging by his character, he wouldn't let him free.
Now i don't mean he should have incarcerated Leo in a small cell because he needed his designs, but he would keep him under surveillance at all time. There was enough space in Castel Sant'Angelo for a workshop. And from the conversations in the game, Cesare paid Leo for his work, even though very little. There was no reason to pay him for the materials needed to build the designs because he could tell his henchmen to buy the materials and bring them to Leo. I agree Cesare was a busy man and didn't have time for small matters, but I am not saying he should have taken care of this personally; he had a lot of people under his command after all.
Also the explanation that Cesare thought Ezio was dead doesn't work for two reasons: 1) the problem wasn't that Leo was helping Ezio, but by doing so he was conspiring with the entire Assassin order; 2) even if Cesare thought Ezio was dead at first, he would know that wasn't the case with all the murders going around in Rome, and Ezio can visit Leo during the whole game. Also Ezio could find Leo in several places throughout Rome, by identifying the marked benches, so he didn't have just one workshop.
I understand that the developers tried to explain the fact that, historically, Leo was a friend of Cesare, and they added the twist that Cesare forced Leo to work for him. Probably they were inspired by the fact that, historically, at one point, Cesare killed a friend of Leonardo (don't remember who exactly), which ended their brief collaboration.
I think the problems would have been solved if the devs didn't create the plot point that The Templars knew about Leonardo's collaboration with The Assassins. For that matter, i don't like the fact that any of the historical characters (Leonardo, Machiavelli etc.) were assassins (or aiding the assassins) in plain sight. It would have been much better if they did this secretly, without the Templars knowing it, because they were public figures and nothing would stop them from being killed at anytime, even after the Borgias were gone.
And as for the DLC it is very obvious that it takes place before the 9th sequence, as resulting (among other obvious things) from the first conversation between Leo and Ezio in the workshop, when Ezio is trying to find a boat to go after Cesare.
Like i said before, it's not a big deal, but i still consider it a small plot hole.
Another thing i remembered about the DLC. Ezio can still visit Leo even if he should be kidnapped, and the fact that you can access the DLC anytime after sequence 3 (even on the PC version). I understand that for the console versions they did that so players wouldn't have to play the whole game up until the end of sequence 8, but there was no reason the keep it like this in the PC version as well. Also it's awful that after you get the apple you can't do anything else, and you are thrown from a memory to another until the end of the game; i wholeheartedly hate the 8th sequence of the game :)).
Anyway i guess this his can be explained by the fact that you are reliving the memories through the Animus, and that doesn't mean you have to relieve them in order, just like with the repressed memories. And i guess this explanation could work for the problem of visiting Leo even if he should be missing. I still don't like that but at least it has a reasonable explanation.
Sorry for my english and for the length of this post:)

Subject J80
02-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Can someone please tell me the name of the piece of music from this scene? I have the extended AC:R OST but don't have this. Is it an extended version of Sofia Sartor that is only in the game? It's an amazing piece of music and would like to get my hands on it.

Thanks in advance.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but things still don't add up for me.
Cesare was a paranoid sociopath (both in reality and in the game). My problem is that if he knew Leonardo was helping the enemy, judging by his character, he wouldn't let him free.
Now i don't mean he should have incarcerated Leo in a small cell because he needed his designs, but he would keep him under surveillance at all time. There was enough space in Castel Sant'Angelo for a workshop. And from the conversations in the game, Cesare paid Leo for his work, even though very little. There was no reason to pay him for the materials needed to build the designs because he could tell his henchmen to buy the materials and bring them to Leo. I agree Cesare was a busy man and didn't have time for small matters, but I am not saying he should have taken care of this personally; he had a lot of people under his command after all.
Also the explanation that Cesare thought Ezio was dead doesn't work for two reasons: 1) the problem wasn't that Leo was helping Ezio, but by doing so he was conspiring with the entire Assassin order; 2) even if Cesare thought Ezio was dead at first, he would know that wasn't the case with all the murders going around in Rome, and Ezio can visit Leo during the whole game. Also Ezio could find Leo in several places throughout Rome, by identifying the marked benches, so he didn't have just one workshop.
I understand that the developers tried to explain the fact that, historically, Leo was a friend of Cesare, and they added the twist that Cesare forced Leo to work for him. Probably they were inspired by the fact that, historically, at one point, Cesare killed a friend of Leonardo (don't remember who exactly), which ended their brief collaboration.
I think the problems would have been solved if the devs didn't create the plot point that The Templars knew about Leonardo's collaboration with The Assassins. For that matter, i don't like the fact that any of the historical characters (Leonardo, Machiavelli etc.) were assassins (or aiding the assassins) in plain sight. It would have been much better if they did this secretly, without the Templars knowing it, because they were public figures and nothing would stop them from being killed at anytime, even after the Borgias were gone.
And as for the DLC it is very obvious that it takes place before the 9th sequence, as resulting (among other obvious things) from the first conversation between Leo and Ezio in the workshop, when Ezio is trying to find a boat to go after Cesare.
Like i said before, it's not a big deal, but i still consider it a small plot hole.
Another thing i remembered about the DLC. Ezio can still visit Leo even if he should be kidnapped, and the fact that you can access the DLC anytime after sequence 3 (even on the PC version). I understand that for the console versions they did that so players wouldn't have to play the whole game up until the end of sequence 8, but there was no reason the keep it like this in the PC version as well. Also it's awful that after you get the apple you can't do anything else, and you are thrown from a memory to another until the end of the game; i wholeheartedly hate the 8th sequence of the game :)).
Anyway i guess this his can be explained by the fact that you are reliving the memories through the Animus, and that doesn't mean you have to relieve them in order, just like with the repressed memories. And i guess this explanation could work for the problem of visiting Leo even if he should be missing. I still don't like that but at least it has a reasonable explanation.
Sorry for my english and for the length of this post:)

Cesare wasn't paranoid at all. In fact, he was arrogant and overconfident.

The13Doctors
02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I already explained pretty much everything. Anything else was explained by LightRey. Leonardo wasn't a prisoner, he was being employed by Cesare, you are over-exaggerating Cesare's evil. He was paranoid but not a sociopath, okay he was, but he wasn't a bad person outside of warfare. After securing the war he even gave away Rome. You said so yourself, and I think I remember Leo mentioning it too, they were friends. He wasn't a bad employer. He wasn't an evil Tyrant that wanted to kill every person in Rome, he was just doing what you have to in war.He killed his enemies, made allies, everything, yes he was very paranoid, which led to his downfall, but not so evil.

Cesare didn't know about Leonardo working with Ezio! He was free to live his life by himself, and he was under occasional surveillance, which is why the meetings were secret. When did the Templars ever know about Leonardo? Also future Templars don't count.

As for the historical Assassins, I think it makes the game so much better. A) The Assassin Order is Secretive, they don't display a list of their members. We know about them because we play the game. They weren't even famous back then?

The bit with the sequence isn't canonical, it's just gameplay reasons, so you don't have to play the entire game to play the DLC you paid for. As for the Leonardo while he's kidnapped, that's not canonical either. Presumably anything you do in the DLC that is''t directly associated with the mission happens in 1503 not 1506

TorQue1988
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I already explained pretty much everything. Anything else was explained by LightRey. Leonardo wasn't a prisoner, he was being employed by Cesare, you are over-exaggerating Cesare's evil. He was paranoid but not a sociopath, okay he was, but he wasn't a bad person outside of warfare. After securing the war he even gave away Rome. You said so yourself, and I think I remember Leo mentioning it too, they were friends. He wasn't a bad employer. He wasn't an evil Tyrant that wanted to kill every person in Rome, he was just doing what you have to in war.He killed his enemies, made allies, everything, yes he was very paranoid, which led to his downfall, but not so evil.

Cesare didn't know about Leonardo working with Ezio! He was free to live his life by himself, and he was under occasional surveillance, which is why the meetings were secret. When did the Templars ever know about Leonardo? Also future Templars don't count.

As for the historical Assassins, I think it makes the game so much better. A) The Assassin Order is Secretive, they don't display a list of their members. We know about them because we play the game. They weren't even famous back then?

The bit with the sequence isn't canonical, it's just gameplay reasons, so you don't have to play the entire game to play the DLC you paid for. As for the Leonardo while he's kidnapped, that's not canonical either. Presumably anything you do in the DLC that is''t directly associated with the mission happens in 1503 not 1506
Have you even read my previous post?
Cesare undoubtedly knew Leo was working with Ezio. How can you say he didn't? It's obvious from the conversations in ACB.
And again have you read my previous post? If Cesare knows that,it means all templars know that.
I understood your explanations but like i said i don't agree with them. I know that historically Leonardo was not a prisoner, but a friend of Cesare's. But what i am saying is that, in the game, he should have been a prisoner. I am not exaggerating Cesare's evil and because he was such a great strategist and leader, it doesn't make sense for him to let Leonardo roam freely.
I say again in real life Cesare and Leo were friends, but in the game they were not, and the developers added the plot that Cesare forced him to work.
And you misunderstood what i said about the historical figures that aided/were members of the assassin order.
I like that aspect of the game but i don't like that the templars knew that Leonardo and Machiavelli helped the assassins because it interferes with the historical aspect. There are many missions where you walk alongside Machiavelli (both in Battle of Forli and ACB), guns blazing, in the middle of the day. So my point is that the templars (even after the Borgias) could kill them at any time, and i don't like that because it hinders the historical aspect, considering that Leonardo and Machiavelli were public figures.,and of course they were famous back then. Like i said it would have been better if the developers would have made a different plot, where the historical allies of the assassin order aided them secretly not publicly.
By the way Cesare is one of the first know sociopaths.
From your post you either did not read what i said before or you did not understand what i was saying. Sorry if my english is to blame...

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
You guys keep talking about 3 years between 1503-1506 wanting a DLC about it and you forget the biggest plot hole 1488-1497.Why not make it?They could use the maps like Florence and other maps from the Map pack,right?

LightRey
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
You guys keep talking about 3 years between 1503-1506 wanting a DLC about it and you forget the biggest plot hole 1488-1497.Why not make it?They could use the maps like Florence and other maps from the Map pack,right?

There's actually a whole game about that.

@TorQue1988
Cesare knew Leonardo used to work with Ezio. He had no idea about them working together in Rome. In fact Cesare was completely blind to basically everything that had went on in Rome until he returned in 1503. That is where your whole theory falls apart.

TorQue1988
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM
There's actually a whole game about that.

@TorQue1988
Cesare knew Leonardo used to work with Ezio. He had no idea about them working together in Rome. In fact Cesare was completely blind to basically everything that had went on in Rome until he returned in 1503. That is where your whole theory falls apart.
Actually you are wrong,
Cesare should have captured Leonardo from the moment he attacked the villa. And even if he knew Leo "used to" work with the assassins there wouldn't have been a reason to let him go, not by a long shot.
And no he was not completely blind to what was going on in Rome when he was not there. He wouldn't want to lose the control over the city while he was away, and besides there were other Borgia family members who remained in the city, not the mention other templars. You reason doesn't make sense. And even if it did that doesn't explain the fact that Ezio can visit Leonardo during the course of the whole game, even after Cesare returns.
So no, nothing fall apart, not at all.

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=LightRey;8151281]There's actually a whole game about that.

Really?If I remember in Esco`s last video, Darby was asked about that gap
he said he he didn`t know about it.The game you talk about talks place around 1491-92 ONLY.There`s still something missing.

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
And as for the rest of the gap.From 1491-97 may be mentioned in the novel,but 1488-1491 isn`t anywhere.Where are those years?Even in the novel it jumps from Ezio`s interrogation with he monk in 1488 to his return to Florence in 1492.That`s what I mean by saying a plot hole.

TorQue1988
02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I think LightRey was reffering to Assassin's Creed: Discovery, the nintendo DS game. But that takes place in 1491 so i don't know what he was trying to say because the gap between 1488-1491 still remains....
Anyway i think the explanation for this is that the developers didn't feel the need to show us what Ezio was doing all the time, and those years were not important :))

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I think LightRey was reffering to Assassin's Creed: Discovery, the nintendo DS game. But that takes place in 1491 so i don't know what he was trying to say because the gap between 1488-1491 still remains....
Anyway i think the explanation for this is that the developers didn't feel the need to show us what Ezio was doing all the time, and those years were not important :))

Maybe,but Ubisoft can always connect events with AC.Look at these dates:
1489 March 14 – The Queen of Cyprus, Catherine Cornaro, sells her kingdom to Venice.
Nicosia, Cyprus, becomes a possession of Venice
Aldus Manutius moves to Venice
Leonardo da Vinci observes capillary action in small-bore tubes.
Leonardo da Vinci develops an oil lamp: the flame is enclosed in a glass tube placed inside a water-filled glass globe.
Johann Reuchlin meets Giovanni Pico della Mirandola.

These are some events that happend during that period of time and were close to AC`s location.They could have been used somehow..and somehow this gap causes confusion.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Actually you are wrong,
Cesare should have captured Leonardo from the moment he attacked the villa. And even if he knew Leo "used to" work with the assassins there wouldn't have been a reason to let him go, not by a long shot.
And no he was not completely blind to what was going on in Rome when he was not there. He wouldn't want to lose the control over the city while he was away, and besides there were other Borgia family members who remained in the city, not the mention other templars. You reason doesn't make sense. And even if it did that doesn't explain the fact that Ezio can visit Leonardo during the course of the whole game, even after Cesare returns.
So no, nothing fall apart, not at all.

No, you are wrong. Leonardo was already working for Cesare by the time he attacked the villa (that's how he got the gun and that is also the first and only time he acknowledges that he knows Leonardo was Ezio's friend). He didn't "let him go", he never captured him in the first place. He's not going to capture random people that are affiliated with Ezio. He uses them.

I'm not sure if you realized how the whole plain in ACB worked. The entire game is focused on releasing Rome from Cesare's control in his absence. Even some of the side missions are about making sure Cesare doesn't get any word of just what the hell is going on down there. I really have to ask at this point, did you even listen to the many conversations about this very subject in the game?

I mean, why do you think Cesare was so surprised when he returned in 1503? He literally said: "what happened here?".

Anyway i think the explanation for this is that the developers didn't feel the need to show us what Ezio was doing all the time, and those years were not important http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/smile.png)

Yeah, I think my migraine is getting the better of me. I didn't pay close enough attention to the dates and just assumed. Regardless, there's no reason for us to assume that every single year of Ezio's life that isn't described is a "plot hole". He was just doing his thing in Venice, nothing more.

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Man,calm down.The whole thing is that I wanted some details about that period and the line":Ezio continued to support Antonio and his thieves after the battle of Forli would have been very enough or any small detail that could be explained with some words.3 years is long time span especially in an AC game.Now you understand what I mean?

LightRey
02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Man,calm down.The whole thing is that I wanted some details about that period and the line":Ezio continued to support Antonio and his thieves after the battle of Forli would have been very enough or any small detail that could be explained with some words.3 years is long time span especially in an AC game.Now you understand what I mean?

No I really don't. The time span of the AC games, both in the modern-day and in the ancestor's time period, have varied very much with each game. The first game was 7 days in present day and 2 months in Alta´r's time, AC2 was 2 days in present day and over 40 years in Ezio's time, ACB was several weeks in present day and 3 years (or 7 if you want to count the DLC and the final memory) in Ezio's time and ACR was a few days in present day and less than a year in Ezio's time.

The13Doctors
02-22-2012, 11:12 PM
LightRey, I think those Ezio years have been seen in the two PSP games.

Also, TorQue, what do you want? You asked for an explanation as to what was going on with that, and both of us explained it pretty well, then you twist it around and say that it isn't true because you prefer the story to be a different way and you think the developers are wrong for being historically correct because you want something differently?

I don't see much more point in discussing this, we gave the explanations, you outright said no to them. Adio.

zStrictStyle
02-22-2012, 11:30 PM
No I really don't. The time span of the AC games, both in the modern-day and in the ancestor's time period, have varied very much with each game. The first game was 7 days in present day and 2 months in Alta´r's time, AC2 was 2 days in present day and over 40 years in Ezio's time, ACB was several weeks in present day and 3 years (or 7 if you want to count the DLC and the final memory) in Ezio's time and ACR was a few days in present day and less than a year in Ezio's time.

Did I ever mention the modern-day ?I mean the ancestor`s time.You said it yourself.ACB took 3 years.Look at what Ezio could do in these 3 years(in his time).And take any three straight years from Ezio`s life and see what I mean.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Did I ever mention the modern-day ?I mean the ancestor`s time.You said it yourself.ACB took 3 years.Look at what Ezio could do in these 3 years(in his time).And take any three straight years from Ezio`s life and see what I mean.

Just because Ezio could do a lot of interesting stuff in 3 years doesn't mean he did that much in every three year period in his life. Even if you ignore the modern day time periods, it's very clear that the "concentration" of interesting stuff happening in their lives fluctuates significantly, as one would expect.

I mean, do you think anything significantly interesting happened in the 17 year gap at the start of Ezio's life?

SlimeDynamiteD
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
That, I do indeed.

LightRey
02-22-2012, 11:43 PM
That, I do indeed.

I mean besides doing "it"
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If you know what I mean..png