PDA

View Full Version : How Poison works in ACR!

phoenix-force411
01-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Okay, I'm sure everyone knows how Poison works. You get close to them and Poison them. In ACB, you can poison them and they wouldn't be able to do stun you anymore right after you poison them. But in ACR, it has been changed. You have to be a LOT more stealthy with your poison. When you go up to your target to poison them, they can still long range stun you before you get to them, but if you do poison them they still have time to stun you right after. But did you know, that once the poison effect appears on their screen(Target's screen blurring up with a green effect)they can no longer stun you anymore? Well, there you go.

Serrachio
01-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Here's the thing though, either you smoke and poison to pull it off, getting you stunned afterwards because you're obvious, or they'll deliberately chase you down and stun you before the poison effect occurs.

Not exactly fair, is it?

Jack-Reacher
01-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Many times I have actually had to run from my target as he chased me away... then my pursuer will take me out thanks to the fat blue triangle on my head that is there even when i run behind obstacles...

FilipinoNinja67
01-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Here's the thing though, either you smoke and poison to pull it off, getting you stunned afterwards because you're obvious, or they'll deliberately chase you down and stun you before the poison effect occurs.

Not exactly fair, is it?

Or you can be like put on poison/disguise then turn into the bombardier (already a fail) and approach your target mashing poison to which your character rips some of the chest hairs off his target and forgets to apply the poison poke getting you stunned with zero points. (Uber fail). But seriously, poison in this game all depends on the situation... if there is no crowd moving towards your target or if your target is facing you poison is not a good option. Just kill your target or wait for the opportunity to poison, no need for a smoke bomb unless youre trying to make me rage when after ive been smoked for five seconds and poisoned for 2 and my pursuer tries to walk away acting like they didnt just watch me choke for 5 seconds not even offering to do the hindlick manuever, course im gonna judo chop any ****** thatg does that. I hate osb and those times in deathmatcb that i would catch my target and pursuer in one or accidentaly get my target i wont go for the focus or silent because osb kills are unearned and require no skillz... Now if you osb me first and i happen to catch you in one, thats different.... And dont even get me started on dsb! (Defensive smoke bomb)

FilipinoNinja67
01-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Yeah sorry bout that, theres no "enter" ****on on my phone...

Serrachio
01-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Even if they disguise, they'll run in the direction of the person that just passed them and then mash the B ****on to chop you in the back of the neck. Also, that's confining you to using a second ability to just poison someone.

And seriously? Complaining about defensive smoke bombs? That won't get you far.

Master Decoder
01-30-2012, 05:16 AM
If you start a chase with me, I 'will' defensive smoke bomb and stun you, cause it was your own fault, you don't deserve that hundred points, so I'll take a free four hundred, cause you messed up. Same goes for if I know you are my pursuer, if you were obvious enough for me to see you, try to be less obvious. There is a whole learning experience behind it all.

FilipinoNinja67
01-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Even if they disguise, they'll run in the direction of the person that just passed them and then mash the B ****on to chop you in the back of the neck. Also, that's confining you to using a second ability to just poison someone.

And seriously? Complaining about defensive smoke bombs? That won't get you far.

Well then mabye poison just doesnt suit your playstyle, it fits me fine and i do fine with it. And yeah defensive smokebomb is extremely cheap! It stops me dead in my tracks when im trying to get my 100 point kill! If you cant tell by now I was joking about the defensive smokebomb complaint and about the title i have in my sig and about my location.

FilipinoNinja67
01-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Oh and i guess we cant say ****on here on the forums bu/tton is... Wow ubi. EDIT: I wonder what my post would look like if i pasted a paragraph of lyrics from any lil wayne albumn....

ABXantos
01-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Many times I have actually had to run from my target as he chased me away... then my pursuer will take me out thanks to the fat blue triangle on my head that is there even when i run behind obstacles...

This.

This this this and THIS.

I should have no reason to poison and then run away. Thats the whole point of poison. You aren't supposed to know who poisoned you until you die, i shouldn't have to poison then run away like an idiot only to get force pulled back for a stun, lose my streak, and if I had kill buffer have it go to waste because my pursuer kills me.

Vey03
01-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Yet another mindboggling problem that i have no idea why was implemented, and no idea why it hasn't been fixed yet .Before ACR came out, i remember a podcast where the devs were interviewed and they said that if things in the game aren't working, and people aren't happy, they have the power to change or alter things on the spot.
I cannot for the life of me remember who did the interview to even start looking for a link.
But if this is the case, why haven't they done something about this?! If they have can shorten the stun range, DO IT. If they can shorten the amount of time someone has to stun after being poisoned, then DO IT ALREADY!
In ACB you could stun your poisoner, but only if you were quick about it. Why don't they change it back to how it was there?

Zebroneath
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
I very interesting strategy I have seen some top players use is that if you have that 2x score death streak on and you are one more stun away from it, you can essentially poison the target, set him stun you, and you get double points for the kill because the game registers that you did not kill anyone when you initially poison the target. Only problem is keeping track of your death streak.

Serrachio
01-30-2012, 06:39 AM
What I don't disagree on is that you can stun someone after they offensive Smoke Bomb you and stun you, after all, the poison comes at the very end of the smoke's duration and they've been very obvious.

What I don't like however is the fact that they can chase you down for a stun. Half a second to one second is fine, but the current window that you get right now is too harsh on the poisoning player.

This is also solely my opinion, but I feel that a player should get a Hidden Kill with a Max Behaviour crafted Disguise, so long as they use it when they are not in the line of sight of their target for at least a second. This would allow players to identify their target, hide behind a corner and activate the Disguise, and then walk in undercover before poisoning or killing their assigned target.

Hastatus_Atratus
01-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Did anyone complain about how poison worked in ACB? If not, then why would Ubisoft change it? Personally I think they are striving for any means to get 1:1 kill to death ratios for everyone regardless of skill level. Since getting poison, or focus to a lesser extent, on someone (without noob smokes) meant you were being truly stealthy, it meant you were a skilled high class killer; since you are a skilled player you have to be brought down to the level of low level players and what better way than to remove your ability to be truly stealthy. Everything in this game is designed to negate 'excessive' player experience: which causes those players to seek out ways to manipulate the none ordinary assassination abilities. It's becoming the golden rule for developers to make everyone who plays feel good regardless of their actual mental or physical reflexes.

Sai_Hira
01-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Did anyone complain about how poison worked in ACB? If not, then why would Ubisoft change it? Personally I think they are striving for any means to get 1:1 kill to death ratios for everyone regardless of skill level. Since getting poison, or focus to a lesser extent, on someone (without noob smokes) meant you were being truly stealthy, it meant you were a skilled high class killer; since you are a skilled player you have to be brought down to the level of low level players and what better way than to remove your ability to be truly stealthy. Everything in this game is designed to negate 'excessive' player experience: which causes those players to seek out ways to manipulate the none ordinary assassination abilities. It's becoming the golden rule for developers to make everyone who plays feel good regardless of their actual mental or physical reflexes.

Like, thumbs up, +10 respect.
THIS this 1000x this.

persiateddy95
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Yea Josh, that's common knowledge I think.

Defensive or Offensive Smoke Bomb is all the same. Stop saying otherwise.

FilipinoNinja67
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
This.

This this this and THIS.

I should have no reason to poison and then run away. Thats the whole point of poison. You aren't supposed to know who poisoned you until you die, i shouldn't have to poison then run away like an idiot only to get force pulled back for a stun, lose my streak, and if I had kill buffer have it go to waste because my pursuer kills me.

Well if you poison them and they chase you, it's pretty obvious they know that you poisoned them. If you osb and poison thats not stealthy either. Again like i said earlier mabye poison doesnt fit your playstyle because i have no problem with poison.

luckyto
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I very interesting strategy I have seen some top players use is that if you have that 2x score death streak on and you are one more stun away from it, you can essentially poison the target, set him stun you, and you get double points for the kill because the game registers that you did not kill anyone when you initially poison the target. Only problem is keeping track of your death streak.

I've done this quite a bit. I don't normally use poison. But if I hit four contract losses, I'll switch to a poison/smoke set. Build up a nice stealth meter, use OSB, focus, poison and deliberately stand and wait for them to stun me.... once they stun me, x2 is in full effect and I get paid.

DeanOMiite
01-30-2012, 05:24 PM
the ONLY good thing I have to say about being able to stun your pursuer after you've been poisoned is that if someone goes for the offensive smoke bomb/focus/poison, then you get to stun them. I do quite like that. I hate OSB (even though as I've said 100 times already, i do use it once per game for variety purposes)