PDA

View Full Version : Do knives prevent a player from using their abilities once they've been hit by them?

DeanOMiite
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
well...do they?

xCr0wnedNorris
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Nope.

FilipinoNinja67
01-29-2012, 11:21 PM
No they dont, i remember being able to throw my smokebomb down and teliport AFTER being hit by knives. So they dont but they reduce the kill and stun range of other players i mean templar trainees because im roleplaying... Youre welcome

rocketxsurgeon
01-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Nope, i'm pretty sure if you mute while you've been knived, it will stop the knives from working any longer.

ABXantos
01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
no it still affects you

only Resilience can count knives' effect.

DeanOMiite
01-29-2012, 11:24 PM
are you sure? I've noticed sometimes that when my target hits me with knives that I can't stun them for right away so I'm thinking they must do something for a very short time immediately after you're hit by them, no?

rocketxsurgeon
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM
no it still affects you

only Resilience can count knives' effect.

I thought it did.
I got knived the other day, muted the guy and it seemed to work.
It may have just been laggy.

Voltige2011
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
I think it only stops them during the animation. I saw my pursuer try to shoot me the other day, threw a knife at him, and it stopped the aiming. It only works in the animation though so he just puller the gun out again and shot me.

PantherophisG
01-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Immediately upon being hit, you'll be unable to do much for a short time, but you will still be able to use your abilities under the influence of throwing knives.

Voltige2011
01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Immediately upon being hit, you'll be unable to do much for a short time, but you will still be able to use your abilities under the influence of throwing knives.
That is the better worded version of what I was saying. I think knives can atleast cancel a gun's aiming though.

PantherophisG
01-30-2012, 01:19 AM
That is the better worded version of what I was saying. I think knives can atleast cancel a gun's aiming though.
They cancel aiming (of all types) and teleport, and I do believe power charge (at least in ACB).

Serrachio
01-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Knives stop a player from Teleporting, climbing and aiming, both gun and throwing Smoke or Firecrackers, and the reason people can stun you afterwards is because Throwing Knives reduce killing and stun range.

Because of this, a player can knife you and provided they don't walk into the reduced range, they can kill you uncontested or stun you. Running at them isn't advised though, because the high profile movement makes it easier for them to kill/stun you, so walking towards them casually is best.

DeanOMiite
01-30-2012, 01:48 AM

This is the info I was looking for, that's what I had noticed too, I'm just having a hard time gauging exactly how long that affect is and I wanted to see what other people were noticing when they got hit.

DeanOMiite
01-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Knives stop a player from Teleporting, climbing and aiming, both gun and throwing Smoke or Firecrackers, and the reason people can stun you afterwards is because Throwing Knives reduce killing and stun range.

Because of this, a player can knife you and provided they don't walk into the reduced range, they can kill you uncontested or stun you. Running at them isn't advised though, because the high profile movement makes it easier for them to kill/stun you, so walking towards them casually is best.

This also makes sense and would explain some of the difficulties I've been having.

lockerxzx
01-30-2012, 03:03 AM
You can't do anything during the first half second of knife effect. After that you can use your abilities, but you can't aim them. Also, you can't use hidden gun when hit by a knife.
Here's a video I made that clearly demonstrates how throwing knife is used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6aAufvdSw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wrSwC_mXavM)

DannyStrong
01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
theres a split second after you get knifed that you can't use an ability, after that you can drop a smoke or something though.

Vey03
01-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Lag makes it terribly inconsistant and very hard to judge timing. I think the window of opportunity (for the person knifing) is when the knifed is holding their stomach. Although how long this last depends on lag.
I've had times when it's taken me a good 3-5sec to walk up to my knifed person and still be able to stun or kill them. And others, where if i wait more and 1sec, they kill (or stun) me anyway. I try to rely on the actual annimation, but lag makes it just so inconsistant, it doesn't help at all. I've had times where i throw the knife, and the person is still running around for a good few seconds before i see the stomach-holding annimation.
So for me, it's just very hard to time.

But yes, there is a window there where the knifed person cannot do much. You just have to be able to find it.

Moi-dix-Mois43
01-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Throwing Knives effectiveness kinda varies depending on the game. For example, in AC:B, they do not in any way hinder a person from using their abilities or hitting the stun ****on (if you're stupid enough not to kill them immediately). It's just used to slow down runners. On the other hand, in AC:R, it's kinda harder to explain. Technically, I don't think it should? But there have been multiple times when I've been hit with knives, then not been able to press the stun ****on, so they may have changed it. So in AC:R, from what I can tell from experience, you cannot get an honorable death when hit with knives, but you can still use abilities. Hope this helps :D

lRushdown
01-30-2012, 03:44 PM
"But.ton" is getting autocensored? LMAO. Fix this **** ubisoft. The word bu.t.t shouldn't be censored in the first place, nevermind as part of the word but.ton.

And on topic, I had someone knife and then immediately try to kill me from point blank range yesterday, and they still got contested kill. Pretty sure there is no Mute effect at all, it just does exactly what it says + reduces kill and stun range.

luckyto
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
theres a split second after you get knifed that you can't use an ability, after that you can drop a smoke or something though.

Split second is the right word choice. That window is so small it is almost useless. I totally admire the people using it effectively.

DeanOMiite
01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
"But.ton" is getting autocensored? LMAO. Fix this **** ubisoft. The word bu.t.t shouldn't be censored in the first place, nevermind as part of the word but.ton.

And on topic, I had someone knife and then immediately try to kill me from point blank range yesterday, and they still got contested kill. Pretty sure there is no Mute effect at all, it just does exactly what it says + reduces kill and stun range.

See that's what made me ask the question in the first place. I kinda figure it's like mute/smoke where it takes a second to actually do something because I definitely can't always stun after I get hit and i'm getting killed/stunned when i'm the knifer. Seems like there isn't a consensus but I think what i'm finding is that it takes a second to activate, then is basically a short range mute for like 0.5 seconds, then everythings fine.

SaintlPatrick
01-30-2012, 06:39 PM
well...do they?

Yes, they do. But only for an *extremely* short time. Effectively too short to take advantage of, so don't count on it.

They DO reduce the kill and stun range of the person affected, but only a little. You'll still get contested if you run at them. Think of it like tripping a tripwire bomb. If you want the stun/uncontested kill, you'll have to walk slowly to make sure you're in range but they're not.

stinks8
01-30-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't have any problems using abilities while knived but I have a lot of problem getting contested kills for about 2 seconds after I am knived. However, pursers can always kill me.

SinsiliuxS
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
No, It doesn't, I remember being hit by throwing knives in artifact assault while I was hit by throwing knives, I used smokebomb and charge, and succesfully stunned two of my pursuers and carried the artifact to my base. I wouldn't recommend to use them.

Anykeyer
01-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Knifes cancel some abilities (charge, teleport, throwing - for example smoke bomb will not explode if throwed just before knifes) but do not prevent players from activating them. And charge even cancels knifes.
Knifes also slightly reduce kill/stun range. It is possible to stun affected player by walking to him spamming stun but.ton (stupid autocensor).