PDA

View Full Version : New to this.

Ice_Worm
01-29-2012, 10:19 PM
~S~ all
Apologies if posted in wrong area
50+ gamer here. Just installed IL2 1946, patched to 4.10.1 along with UP3.0rc4 and Straight from the farm (gotta start somewhere)
Using Saitek ST290 PRO. Am deciding on a new stick, looking at 3 (cir****tances dictate price range atm, long term sick)

Thrustmaster Hotas X
Speedlink BlackWidow
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Which one if any would you choose ? Leaning more towards 3D Pro myself atm
Any of you seasoned pilots would like to throw in your expertise would be much appreciated.

Thx......Ice_Worm

AndyJWest
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Ice_Worm, welcome to the forum, and apologies for the mangling your post has received from the Ubi-Censor (we've had problems with this in the past - I've started a thread on it here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/658126-Due-to-cir****tances-beyond-our-control)

I can't help with the Joystick issue (I use a Saitek 290 myself), but I'm sure someone will chip in with advice. Regarding patches, are you aware of the new 4.11 patch? You'll find it here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039. This isn't compatible with mods (UP etc), but maybe worth having as a second non-modded install, just for the improvements. And yes, 'Straight from the farm' is a good place to start - highly recommended.

Ice_Worm
01-31-2012, 07:55 PM
thx for reply Andy, was aware of new patch, have 4.08, 4.10.0 with UP3rc4 and a 4.11 on hdd

ytareh
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (despite bad reputation ) is an AWESOME joystick .The only better one is the hard to find Thrustmaster T16000M which I now use because it has more accurate Hall Effect Potentiometers in the mechanism .The Logitech has far better shaped anatomical grip and ****ons etc etc . Get the T16000M online if you can otherwise buy the Extreme 3d Pro in local shop and keep receipt .Theres a maybe 25-50% chance youll be changing it under warranty in under 12 months time BUT its still the best you can buy in most local shops . The strong spring is another Extreme 3d Pro winning feature ....The HOTAS X one is as limp as overcooked spaghetti ...

Ice_Worm
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
thx for reply ytareh, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro arrived this morning, Hotas X looks nice but after reading reviews decided on Logi, now to have some fun.