PDA

View Full Version : Radar Detection Gear?

ViperU48
09-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello, I'm somewhat new to these forums, and I just have a quick question. I'm not sure if it has been asked already, so maybe the community or the dev team could answer it.

I was wondering if we would have radar detection systems, such as the Metox or the Biscay Cross and etc. These played a vital role in U-boat survivability, and I feel that this game should have it. If I recall correctly neither Aces of the Deep nor Silent Hunter II had these features (at least working properly).

It would be nice to see these items in game, which will undoubtedly further add to realism.

Also, I know that there will be some countermeasures in game such as the KOBOLD, but what about Aphrodite? Even though it was somewhat of a failure, it would be nice to discover that for ourselves. =]

Just some other things that would be nice to see in the game, which could quite possibly be the best Subsim ever made! It sure the hell looks like it already...

ViperU48
09-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello, I'm somewhat new to these forums, and I just have a quick question. I'm not sure if it has been asked already, so maybe the community or the dev team could answer it.

I was wondering if we would have radar detection systems, such as the Metox or the Biscay Cross and etc. These played a vital role in U-boat survivability, and I feel that this game should have it. If I recall correctly neither Aces of the Deep nor Silent Hunter II had these features (at least working properly).

It would be nice to see these items in game, which will undoubtedly further add to realism.

Also, I know that there will be some countermeasures in game such as the KOBOLD, but what about Aphrodite? Even though it was somewhat of a failure, it would be nice to discover that for ourselves. =]

Just some other things that would be nice to see in the game, which could quite possibly be the best Subsim ever made! It sure the hell looks like it already...

Xanthippus
09-05-2004, 04:53 PM
I think its an essential thing to include, its all part of the experience and changing progress of the war.

Noline72
09-06-2004, 06:51 AM
damn those things are banned in the Netherlands http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif