PDA

View Full Version : Map Pack relesae screwed joing friends sessions!!!

YazX_
01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
since map pack has been released, i cant join any session of any of my friends, the game either says "Cannot connect to session" OR "You have to purchase the DLC...." and i confirmed that none of my friends have purchased the map pack.

this problem is common as the same happens to everyone (they cannot join their friends)

isnt it enough that we always get separated when attempting to play in a group and now this!!!!

lockerxzx
01-25-2012, 08:40 AM
You should download patch 1.02(map pack included), so you can try new maps for a few days for free. But after the trial is over, you'll face the problem again. Ubisoft screwed up again here by separating playerbase. It's like you must buy the DLC, or you can't play with some players, or friends.

YazX_
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
You should download patch 1.02(map pack included), so you can try new maps for a few days for free. But after the trial is over, you'll face the problem again. Ubisoft screwed up again here by separating playerbase. It's like you must buy the DLC, or you can't play with some players, or friends.

per my understaning, the patch is for retail copy of the game , i have a steam version, the patch is not available on steam nor when launcher starts and checking for updates, plus i cant find the patch anywhere.

lockerxzx
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
per my understaning, the patch is for retail copy of the game , i have a steam version, the patch is not available on steam nor when launcher starts and checking for updates, plus i cant find the patch anywhere.

The direct dl link for patch:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac_revela...ns_1.02_eu.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac_revelations/ac_revelations_1.02_eu.exe)
I guess steam version doesn't update itself

eiksto
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi lockerxzx i paid for new maps and i have steam version of the ACR.

Steam did not update to v1.02 it's still the same v1.01 and the direct link patch cant be installed when you open it says ''Could not retrieve version number! Installation will be aborted''

AntiChrist7
01-25-2012, 07:46 PM
stupid answer maybe, but cant you ask your friends to organize games on the standard maps?

(or maybe they just bought the dlc so you couldnt join anymore)

Mr_Shade
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi Guys,

Appears the Patch may have just hit Steam - some users are reporting having it downloading now, so please try updating your game.

The game should allow you to play with people who don't own the DLC, once everyone has patched the game - so please make sure your friends have all updated too.

YazX_
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Appears the Patch may have just hit Steam - some users are reporting having it downloading now, so please try updating your game.

The game should allow you to play with people who don't own the DLC, once everyone has patched the game - so please make sure your friends have all updated too.

Thanks Mr_Shade for your reply, yah im downloading it from steam, but its interesting on why the game launcher didnt update like it used to do in ACB, i own ACB also from steam and never had to log into steam to update the game.

it would be better if the game just updates itself the same way as the retail copy.

BTW, steam path is 3 GB not 500 MB. maybe it needs to verify some files and just download the 500 MB, ill report back on the size.

Vey03
01-26-2012, 04:53 AM
I also had to download and install the patch manually. My launcher did not update automatically. I have a physical CD, not a DL version, and i also have a lot of friends unreachable and/or cannot connect.

I also cannot find a session in any mode when i choose to play on the new maps from the menu. But when i choose to play on the normal maps, sometimes the new maps will come up, and then i'll be able to play on them.

@ lockerxzx, you're right, it'll split up the playerbase even more. As if it wasn't bad enough already trying to connect to each other. I won't be buying the DLC, so i guess this is end for me playing with ... well, anyone really, not just friends.

Well done ubi, well done. You've managed to make the world's first "single player/solo" multiplayer game.