PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance?...

De Filosoof
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
I noticed that people who are saying stuff about the parallel lines between some AC content and real live are being laughed at and ignored.
Ever noticed the text when you start an AC game? it says: This work of fiction is based on real characters and historical events.
So yes it's a work of fiction, because it's a game and games are made to have fun.
But there's actually a lot of stuff in the game that's based on real stuff...yes, even some conspiracy stuff.
Ofcourse abstergo is not real ! but it's based upon the rich elite in this world and how they abuse technology and how they are opressing the people to gain more control over this world and to gain alot of money and wealth for themselves.
Maybe you should first educate yourself a little bit and wake up before you start laughing at people :)

naran6142
01-24-2012, 09:31 PM
wait a second... Abstergo isn't real? :eek:

De Filosoof
01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Here's some good information about Tesla's Wardenclyffe tower pointed out in AC2 :)

http://www.damninteresting.com/teslas-tower-of-power/

Acrimonious_Nin
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Abstergo is real ...you are not real >:p THEY HAVE A WEBSITE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

De Filosoof
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Ha...

LightRey
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Well you're jumping to conclusions a little there thijs. Though it is most certainly true that the game is based on real characters and historical events, that does not mean that what you happen to read into it is what they meant. It's true that there are a lot of references to Templars being responsible for several (recent) events, but that does not mean that the devs think that the people who were actually responsible were in any way similar to the Templars and even if they were, the games make quite clear that the Templars aren't necessarily evil, just political really.

LordWolv
01-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Well you're jumping to conclusions a little there thijs. Though it is most certainly true that the game is based on real characters and historical events, that does not mean that what you happen to read into it is what they meant. It's true that there are a lot of references to Templars being responsible for several (recent) events, but that does not mean that the devs think that the people who were actually responsible were in any way similar to the Templars and even if they were, the games make quite clear that the Templars aren't necessarily evil, just political really.
Ditto.

De Filosoof
01-25-2012, 05:39 PM

First of all there is no good and/or evil, that's just some kind of biblical term really...What's the definition of evil? It's really just a moral term.
Like Ezio says in AC:R, the people responsible for all the f*cked up stuff in the world don't read books.
and that's the point, they are a bunch of ignorant and greedy people who are ruining nature and the human race because they only care about themselves and their rich families.
It's pretty much like an addiction. People get addicted to drugs, alcohol, gambling, food and people also get addicted to power and money.
And this is one of the many sick features of this system.
People who are addicted to drugs, who only harm themselves and maybe some friends around them get heavily punished, while the people who are addicted to power and money and destroy nature and brainwash humans get rewarded with even more power and money.

Lightrey, do you know the true story behind Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison?
Still remember the truth puzzle in AC:2? Nikola Tesla was a much better inventor than Edison was but still Many people today don't know the name Tesla and almost everyone knows the name Edison.
Nikola Tesla was the inventor of alternate current and Edison the inventor of direct current (wich was MUCH less efficient)
Nikola Tesla was a genius and an honest human being, trying to provide the whole world with free electricity and free energy.
This would mean a huge blow in the face for capitalism because you can't charge people for energy and can't put a meter on it.
I think you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to know where this story is going.

ScytheOfGrim
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, the games may have real-world implications, and yes, some of them are easy to see. There is no denying that certain concepts and ideas were based off of something very real.

The point at which people begin to scoff at the notions one may provide is the key, here. There is a line that one must draw between being rational, and being obsessive.
Overthinking matters is when you can expect to be laughed at. Even though one may be overthinking, yes, it's true that they shouldn't be laughed at, but for them to expect the world to give them a warm hug for spilling their brains out of their ears while lapping the ooze back up as they flap their tongues back and worth with their well blown out of proportions conclusions... is a bit much.

There is something else I find quite the source of hahas, though. If you'd let me quote, and, look! You did!

But there's actually a lot of stuff in the game that's based on real stuff...yes, even some conspiracy stuff.
Sure, let's draw parallels between real-life events and events in the games. But I can't help but find it a wee-bit funny when we begin to harvest conspiracy theories... about conspiracy theories.
I admit it is good fun to let the brain-juices run rampant, but let's not get too carried away, now, shall we?

De Filosoof
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
You're right... but i still think that people who are interested in the world, history and "politics" shouldn't be laughed at when they share their passion on the AC forums.
I mean the major story parts of the AC universe are about politics, history and conspiracy, so why not talk about it?
It's not like it's a forbidden subject or something. They made a freakin' game about it.

LightRey
01-26-2012, 10:06 AM
First of all there is no good and/or evil, that's just some kind of biblical term really...What's the definition of evil? It's really just a moral term.
Like Ezio says in AC:R, the people responsible for all the f*cked up stuff in the world don't read books.
and that's the point, they are a bunch of ignorant and greedy people who are ruining nature and the human race because they only care about themselves and their rich families.
It's pretty much like an addiction. People get addicted to drugs, alcohol, gambling, food and people also get addicted to power and money.
And this is one of the many sick features of this system.
People who are addicted to drugs, who only harm themselves and maybe some friends around them get heavily punished, while the people who are addicted to power and money and destroy nature and brainwash humans get rewarded with even more power and money.

Lightrey, do you know the true story behind Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison?
Still remember the truth puzzle in AC:2? Nikola Tesla was a much better inventor than Edison was but still Many people today don't know the name Tesla and almost everyone knows the name Edison.
Nikola Tesla was the inventor of alternate current and Edison the inventor of direct current (wich was MUCH less efficient)
Nikola Tesla was a genius and an honest human being, trying to provide the whole world with free electricity and free energy.
This would mean a huge blow in the face for capitalism because you can't charge people for energy and can't put a meter on it.
I think you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to know where this story is going.

Again, that is what you are reading into it. I'm not saying you're wrong, or even that I disagree with your interpretation, but I am saying that you can't be sure your interpretation is the right one.

Will_Lucky
01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Its interesting for sure, the Assassins Creed games more than anything have definately made me thing more about the world and certain events that have occurred. I certainly don't see some grand conspiracy but I greater understand ideas about power and corruption far better than I previously would have.

LightRey
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh, since I didn't talk about it before. Yes, I know the true story behind Tesla and Edison. I know that Edison was a poor inventor (good business man though) and an a-hole. Tesla on the other hand was the often uncredited inventor of many things we now rely on in our daily lives and if he hadn't been harassed and betrayed as much as he was, we might even have had wireless electricity by now.

ScytheOfGrim
01-27-2012, 08:29 AM
We do have wireless electricity. Magnetic induction.

LightRey
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
We do have wireless electricity. Magnetic induction.

I meant as in powering a plane from the ground (efficiently), which was literally what he was working on.