PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong (DECOY)

TR_Millhouse
01-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Ok, I'm not a fan of decoy, but I use it when I want to mess around ...

thing is I put my decoy to act "disguised" but he still runs as if I were to have him on "discreet" ? what's the difference?

no matter what i put him under the decoy always does the same thing... bumps into a civilian, runs, dino walks, then continues walking no matter what he's under ..

so i just wanted to know ... what am I doing wrong? am I supposed to wait for them to get incognito? then send my decoy to act as if he were disguised ? orrrrrr decoy is just broken and wtf they just made another useless ability.... lol

hazem3008
01-24-2012, 04:31 AM
the decoy abilitey is to make a civilian look like you and make him run too so your persuer see the decoy run so he suspect that the runner is a human then you get your lure some players know the decoy so they dont run toward the decoy so you are dead .... it is not a useless ability

Ferrith
01-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Whenever your pursuer or your target kill or stun your decoy you get lure points. It's not a useless ability at all.

hazem3008
01-24-2012, 04:44 AM
you didnt catch the point man decoy make civilian run that make your persuer run after him that make you get lure and your persuer out of sight because in some modes like manhunt, assassinate your persuer can kill civilian then kill you before you stun him but with decoy he will run after the civilian and run away from you do you get it right now ? and it is an ability it is up to you dont use it if you cant control it right and good luck next session

hazem3008
01-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Whenever your pursuer or your target kill or stun your decoy you get lure points. It's not a useless ability at all.

sorry i answerd that because i imagine that i see you typing it is useless sorry it is my mistake lol and yes it is not useless at all but i prefer other abilities than decoy

The Technophile
01-24-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that having Decoy set to disguise makes the decoy run away while disguised (Just like the ability of the same name).

Ozzkore
01-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Decoy has three Behavior settings: Normal, Discreet, and Disguised.

Normal : They take off running looking like you.
Discreet : They walk off running looking like you.
Disguised : A persona that looks like you will use Disguise, then start running.

The Disguised Decoy was supposed to be a reverse psychology thing in response to players using Disguise. If you see your target throw on a Disguise, you know it's them. In this instance, a Decoy that looks like you is throwing on a Disguise, so attention shifts away from you and onto the Decoy. However, when the Decoy starts running in that obvious Decoy way, it becomes pretty useless. I feel that Disguised Decoy would work better if they simply stayed in their position, or just kept walking in their usual direction.

If you want a good Decoy, you can use Discreet, which more closely mirrors a real player's movements.

However, for games like Artifact Assault and Steal the Artifact, if you use a Normal Decoy, they'll run off WITH the Artifact icon over their heads as long as you stay quiet. Just some things to consider, depending on how you play.

Limed_-
01-24-2012, 07:01 AM

Disguised : A persona that looks like you will use Disguise, then start running.

The Disguised Decoy was supposed to be a reverse psychology thing in response to players using Disguise. If you see your target throw on a Disguise, you know it's them. In this instance, a Decoy that looks like you is throwing on a Disguise, so attention shifts away from you and onto the Decoy. However, when the Decoy starts running in that obvious Decoy way, it becomes pretty useless. I feel that Disguised Decoy would work better if they simply stayed in their position, or just kept walking in their usual direction.

If you want a good Decoy, you can use Discreet, which more closely mirrors a real player's movements.

However, for games like Artifact Assault and Steal the Artifact, if you use a Normal Decoy, they'll run off WITH the Artifact icon over their heads as long as you stay quiet. Just some things to consider, depending on how you play.

Mine is crafted to discreet, yet he still charges at my target when I want to complete my challenges :(

TR_Millhouse
01-24-2012, 07:52 AM

THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION.. :)

thanks man, ya I know about the whole artifact thing over their head ... the only thing I didn't know was the normal, discreet, disguised situations that's what I was confused about : p ... not a noobie just to me they all looked the same lol .. thanks though

indulgence82
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Keep the setting on normal because people are much more likely to take the bait on someone running either at them or away from them than they are to a person walking away. Your best served upgrading that ability to cooldown or duration (preferably cooldown) if your going to use it. Duration is better if your 1 of the people who choose to run with their decoy along side of them. Otherwise your best using cooldown to use it more frequently. Only change the behavior on decoy to discreet if your plan is to use it in conjunction with bodyguard as players will be unsure if its you, a decoy, or the body guard. The disguise behavior is for the most part awful because after disguising I don't think you even gain a lure off of its death anymore because it no longer shares a likeness with you.

Anykeyer
01-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I wasted abstergo credits trying different crafts after reading about decoy walking at discreet in another thread. No, its not. Decoy always runs. And disguised also just turns any civilian to my copy. So there is absolutely no difference. Maybe this is another bug.

Collinwood01
01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
If I remember right from doing the decoy challenges, the decoy always ran but if you sent your decoy out to your target, it ran toward your target. If you sent your decoy out to your pursuer, it ran away from your pursuer. I never messed with the crafting of decoy so there may be various responses of the decoy that I missed.