PDA

View Full Version : No pursuer - no target. WHAT?!

Enockser
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi,

In EVERY game I play (Wanted) I'm walking in 2-3minutes with NO pursuer and NO target. It is impossible for me to get any points when I can't get points by lureing my pursuer or killing my target. This is VERY annoying when you are at 1st place and 2nd place is very close. Woah! 3 minutes where you can't get a single point because of the system being WAY to flow giving players a target.

Anyone in the same situation?

SaintlPatrick
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I played a game of Wanted yesterday when my target quit the game before I could get to him, and spent the rest of the game without pursuers or targets. I think it has to do with a connection problem, because the only reason I was playing Wanted was because I kept getting kicked out of Manhunt games.

Though, ACR was saying my NAT was green and I should have no difficulty. So if it's connection based, either the NAT display thing has a bug, or there's something wrong on Ubisoft's end. If it's a programming flaw in the game, it should be easily fixed, just put a timer on new contract acquisitions. If the player hasn't gotten a new contract in >10 seconds, give them the player with the least amount pursuers.

fordio
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
I have this problem quite often in deathmatch. Not played much Wanted so can't comment, but agree that it's really annoying especially when you are leading.
What's more frustrating is that this also occurred in ACB!!

Ferrith
01-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I have played sessions of Wanted and Deathmatch that I hadn't had a single pursuer or target for five whole minutes. FIVE MINUTES!
Now if I don't get either of them within a minute I quit.

Citizen War
01-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Ugh, this frustrates me to no end. I thought maybe it was due to my level or something. I usually spend a good two to three minutes of a Wanted or Deathmatch game with no target, despite having two to three pursuers rushing at me constantly. This is why a defensive strategy is often more productive than an offensive strategy.

I wonder if it has something to do with the respawn order when multiple players are killed.

IrosoMeyi186
01-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Its actually a stupid Bug thats been Existing since ACB.... Funny stuff Ubi funny stuff..

xCr0wnedNorris
01-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Welcome to Assassin's Creed multiplayer! http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z470/xCr0wnedNorris/th_AjFdkStCQAEri43-1.gif

Solution? Play Assassinate.

CarnivalBox
01-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Assassinate? Yeah right, like they would actually like the lock-system living it's own god damn life more than the contract loss.

Welcome to Assassins Creed Multiplayer, pick your f*cking poison. http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z470/xCr0wnedNorris/th_AjFdkStCQAEri43-1.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
01-23-2012, 08:07 PM
The only problems I've had with the lock system in AC:R is that quick-locking is useless 99.99999999999% of the time.

XxXZero0oXxX
01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I have this problem quite often in deathmatch. Not played much Wanted so can't comment, but agree that it's really annoying especially when you are leading.
What's more frustrating is that this also occurred in ACB!!

I hate that ****, too. It's freaking ridiculous. I was playing a match last night and as soon as I took the lead it started doing this crap. I walked around for like 5 and a half mins with no targets. I only had one pursuer the whole time and I stunned him. That was the only points I got that whole time.

UrbanSaint
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
yea i had this happen to me a few times too. 6 minutes of a game and no targets...but could still get pursuers.

Oh well. iv'e come to terms with this game to the point that anything could happen and i wouldn't be surprised XD

PryingTuna85649
01-24-2012, 08:33 PM
This is actually why I don't play the game anymore. I'm used to it because of ACB, but it's much more frustrating now. The crazy obnoxious lag from ACB isn't something I have experienced much in ACR and I really do like the new multiplayer. The RDM, new modes, new maps, and the Ancestors Pack DLC (ESPECIALLY the Corsair! She reminds me of Angelica from On Stranger Tides...and any reminder of things related to Jack Sparrow gets points in my book) have all been interesting and enjoyable. But the issues that haven't been resolved and have rolled over from ACB have been a bit of a deal breaker for me. Not enough to never play again or not want to purchase another AC title, because I do enjoy the SP and want to know where the story goes. I'm just not as dedicated to the MP as I once was. I will more than likely purchase the new DLC, because I'm EXTREMELY excited about San Donato and Siena coming back...those were my two favorite maps from ACB. But after I get the achievements, I can't see myself playing the crap out of this MP like I did with ACB. I do have to say that makes me pretty sad, because I miss the excitement and joy I had with ACB MP. I haven't had that with many other games since and kinda feel a bit lost without having a game that makes me that excited anymore.

That being said, I do wonder how much of this is just a simple patch fix and how much is actually a lot more in depth. My brother is a programmer and I've talked with him a bit about how game programming works. Basically what I gathered from him (and industry examples he used) is that an issue could be small and easily fixed with a patch, but oftentimes it's much more. And there are apparently times when an issue can be very small and easily fixed with a patch, but finding the problem code is a different story. The business side of the software company may say it's not cost efficient enough to take the time to search every small line of code. Not saying it's right (or that this is the case with Ubisoft, as I have no freakin' clue what really is going on), but I'm sure it happens. This is just what I've gathered from my brother...I'm obviously NOT an expert (I have no personal experience at all), so if anyone with programming experience knows otherwise or knows more, then feel free to correct me.

The other thing I think about is that Ubisoft (again from a business standpoint) may be thinking that dissatisfied customers are louder than satisfied customers. Not sure if they have percentages of what they see (probably not), but it's a bit of a fact that someone who is upset with a product will voice their opinion more than someone who is satisfied. *shrugs* Not saying that everyone should stop complaining, either. I've certainly done more than my fair share, lol. Just throwing some stuff out there, I guess. I do know where you all are coming from though. The above is just what I think about now whenever I see game glitches, especially with MP modes.