PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo

owlwatcher
03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Just started playing around on sinking ships.
How real are torpedos game wise??
Game wise.
What is the best torpedo to use.
What height and distance are best to use.
Is there any charts that have release heights,speed and distances for each type or make of torpedo.

owlwatcher
03-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Just started playing around on sinking ships.
How real are torpedos game wise??
Game wise.
What is the best torpedo to use.
What height and distance are best to use.
Is there any charts that have release heights,speed and distances for each type or make of torpedo.

Zeus-cat
03-26-2004, 08:15 PM
The torpedo modelling in this sim is very simplified. You can drop from any altitude or speed and it does not matter.

I don't think there is any difference in torpedo types in the game.

I am still working on my IL-2T campaign. I had to rewrite several missions after Aces came out as the ship DM changed so much.

Zeus-cat

owlwatcher
03-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Was wondering.
How far do they run?
Trying to hit the tripiz. Was hoping to get the most powerful torpedo.
It is ashame there are no Jap torpedo planes. I think the torpedos they carried had the largest warhead.

Arms1
03-27-2004, 03:46 AM
i find a low close beam attack is the best, but i have also had perfectly lined up shots run low and completely miss the target, most of the misses when ive dropped within about50m

Zeus-cat
03-27-2004, 07:24 AM
I have missed too when dropping torpedoes very close to the target. I assumed the torpedo model has the torpedo run deep for 50-100 meters after it is dropped.

There are some nice skins at IL2skins.com that have the IL-2T in Japanese markings. They look pretty good and make for a beliavable substitute since there are no Japanese torpedo planes in the game.

Zeus-cat