PDA

View Full Version : Why do we continue to post suggestions..

IrosoMeyi186
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure were all Aware with the fact that we have been posting A LOT of suggestions to Ubisoft but lets be honest do they really care? Once we make a very popular thread of a suggestion to the Dev team we don't get a single glance at the Thread from a mod or something (yes i know there busy but in the past too)

We can say "Hey Ubi i have a awesome idea! Add the wall runner perk!"

They wont read it. They wont Consider it.

And it's even more Frustrating to do this

Ubisoft Asks for feed back on the game to see what needs to be fixed

We tell Ubisoft on there official thread

After about a couple of months of the game being released there is no patches, No quick fixes, No bug fixes (Any one remember the Notorious Bug from ACB were if erased all profile sets?)

Point is Ubisoft

Dont ask me for A paragraph or more about a bug that needs to be fixed for you to not even read it or read it and not bother to come up with a solution for it. Its annoying and i refuse to simply post anymore about them

Your losing fan's here Ubisoft QUICK I would get off my hump to see what the issue is to keep others satisfied I hardly play any more but thats because there is too many and i mean literally Too many minor annoyances in ACR which i love entirely that turn me away from playing it sometimes.

P.S I know my spelling/Grammar sucks *** hair but I try to just make this quick and fast.

stingray10
01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree, i'm giving up on Ubisoft very slowly however i think Assassin's Creed 3 will be amazing as it is the last one. So, i hold my judgement till it's here.

Ferrith
01-22-2012, 02:56 PM
From what I have seen so far, Ubisoft have very specific ideas on what they should fix about the game, when and if the subject in question comes up. From there on they don't even bother with other suggestions AC players make. AC:R was the most glitchy installment in the series, at least for PC gamers, and yet they haven't released a patch to address these issues. Do you think they care? I don't.

deadly_thought
01-22-2012, 03:52 PM
DICE released a 2GB patch a couple weeks after launch (yes it was a patch) UBISOFT released a 2mb patch that didnt work so they had to release it again and admit they didnt fix the things they thought they had some of the ones they said they have fixed (the second time round) still exist they asked for us to post everything in the official thread wich we did then they closed the thread and then they referred us to support who referred us to the forum

neither did anything

sound familiar? it should its a tactic employed by every major corporation on the planet developed in the 1980's by strategists working for the board basically its cheaper to tell people you are concerned and doing something than actually doing something ignore the problem long enough and it goes away ubisofts problem is the fans are going away as well

i look forward to seeing this company go under wich it eventually will its reputation is already trashed you need only look back over the last few years to see why game breaking bugs and inherent gameplay bugs are the way they do business its time to STOP BUYING THEIR GAMES and i mean it with all sincerity STOP BUYING THEIR GAMES its the only thing these companies listen to loss of income

if you really wan to have an effect towards an outcome we have to come together as a community of gamers who genuinely dont deserve to be treated the way we are

remember PS1? N64? if you bought a game you got everything to go with it want those days back? STOP BUYING DLC remember when games used to work perfectly save for 1 or 2 instances over the entire period you had the game? want that back? STOP BUYING BROKEN GAMES

id like to blame ubisoft for all of this but of course 50% of the problem is the people who put up with it and shrug it off and fork over more money wich is what they expect you to do STOP GIVING THEM MONEY FOR RIPPING YOU OFF

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is considered a form of insanity or obsession

honestly do everything that you can advise your friends and family to check the cover of the games before purchase make sure it doesnt say UBISOFT

advise them not to buy or play THIS GAME IN PARTICULAR make sure they understand why and reccomend they spread the word its time serious gamers gave up on these companies WE ARE THEIR FUTURE if it takes for us to come together and BURY one of their companies just to prove that to them then so be it

we are not the little guy we are millions of little guys that makes us an army....of consumers...in a capitalist market

DannyStrong
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
to be fair. no one posting on these forums for the most part has any game development experience, they have little or no techincal background, they have no idea how to make a game, much less balance a game.

f someone comes in and says "i think they should remove the ability to stun after being poisoned". what that person really means is they poisoned someone and got stunned and now theyre unhappy. They haven't actually done any work to see how it would impact the game if you couldn't stun while being poisoned. All they did was get stunned then come here and post on the forums complaining about being stunned.

same deal with wallrunner and everything else..

these forums are really about discussing news in the game or game strategies.. theyre not really meant for trying to convince the developers into catering the game to your playstyle.

Dave0718
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
to be fair. no one posting on these forums for the most part has any game development experience, they have little or no techincal background, they have no idea how to make a game, much less balance a game.

f someone comes in and says "i think they should remove the ability to stun after being poisoned". what that person really means is they poisoned someone and got stunned and now theyre unhappy. They haven't actually done any work to see how it would impact the game if you couldn't stun while being poisoned. All they did was get stunned then come here and post on the forums complaining about being stunned.

these forums are really about discussing news in the game or game strategies.. theyre not really meant for trying to convince the developers into catering the game to your playstyle.

Do you work for Ubisoft? Your posts have always been very pro ubi since you arrived on the forums a few months back, despite the fact that they delivered a broken game that a majority of the faithful AC community doesn't enjoy playing.

Dracono99
01-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Do you work for Ubisoft? Your posts have always been very pro ubi since you arrived on the forums a few months back, despite the fact that they delivered a broken game that a majority of the faithful AC community doesn't enjoy playing.

im a game programmer so i know most of these issues aren't really that hard to fix its just a question of copy paste code from the acb engine into acr engine i'd do it my self but the code is encrypted and im to lazy to decrypt it

Dave0718
01-23-2012, 03:32 AM
I would like to point you all to the original ACR is bad threadhttp://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/583931-All-great-ACB-players-hate-ACR?highlight=great+players+hate+acr%3F

over 50 pages of complaints and fights and some of the best ACB players commenting on ACR.

Serrachio
01-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Trust me, some people wouldn't carry on suggesting an idea if they didn't think of what would happen on the other side, at least I hope so. To use poison as an example, I have used poison and I have stunned players after I have been poisoned.

I would much rather have it so that I could not stun someone after I have been poisoned, if it meant that when I landed my poison, I had done enough to not be punished afterwards, unless someone killed my poisoned target. In ACB, most good, fairly skilled players at the game could tell when they had been poisoned, because of the slow build-up to the green screen. I can't speak for everyone, but I would like to think that they had something along the lines of "Fair play, you poisoned me during a vulnerable moment and your kill was well deserved." instead of "OMFG SO UNFAIR I WANNA PUNCH YOU!" going on in their minds.

Also, people complain about wanting Wall Runner back because it seems a little silly that Ubisoft claims to have improved the navigation speed with the Hookblade by 30%, and yet they take away the perk that makes it a lot easier to escape in an oncoming situation and a good choice as an alternative to Blender because of the mobility... only to keep Enhanced Autobash, which no-one really used and could not possibly think to merge it with Fast Getaway, considering that NPC traffic was the bane on people trying for Escapes and their pursuer was hot on their heels, but could merge Chase Expert and Silent Hunt together, which proved useful.

deadly_thought
01-23-2012, 06:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/210094-was-it-or-wasnt-it-ready-for-release-consider-this-before-deciding since were posting links dave :D 72 gameplay bugs and 4 bad decisions that were with this game from launch

EnglishPhoenix
01-23-2012, 09:06 AM

I'm sorry. But when they straight up ask you to report glitches and bugs so they can fix them and then turn around and completely ignore you, I have a huge problem. And those are just minor bugs. It makes me laugh when I hear "Honorable Death" more than once after the last patch supposedly "fixed it". And how difficult is it to fix matchmaking and allow you to play with friends when they let you do it in ACB? Along with every major online multiplayer. But no. They just said "Expect to be playing with you friends by December 15th" and then nothing.

And that's not even touching gameplay. Which they also actually asked feedback for. So if you really don't care, don't even ask. But at the very least, fix the ******* glitches and bugs. And communicate with the fan base.

IrosoMeyi186
01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Imo that thread daved pointed out should probably be ressurected again Wouldnt hurt really Make wake the[edit] Dev's up from there Hibernation...

I knew this game would turn to **** once Alex left either way he was a major important Cog in this Machine.

Mr_Shade
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Suggestions are just that, suggestions..

As already posted - the Dev team do have an idea of just what they can and can't alter..

Bugs and other gameplay issues, need reporting via support - as always suggested.

Just a reminder - swearing is not allowed on these forums, so please remember that. [yes I know the filter is not working at present, however that is going to change]

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-23-2012, 03:18 PM

This is a forum for people who play the game, not developers! and they have a Feedback thread, so your first statement comes across as ignornat and a little arrogant. If Ubisoft are asking for feedback then we should assume they want the feedback and wil ltake notice, they are not asking for Devleoper only feedback, only feedback from people who know how to make a game etc, so you lost me on the first sentence.
however the feedback threads include many posts regarding `Poisoning, then stunned` issue, and you dont need to be a developer or technical background to know that its an issue and it should be easily fixed. Im one of the people who want the stun/poison sorted but do i think it stun should be removed after poison entirely! no, not at all. I think that if a person runs up to a target head on and gets a lucky quick poison in, or runs of and smokes target then posions, then yeh leave stun option, those people took that chance with a head on non stealthy attack and deserve a slap!. however those of us who like to get a nice hidden posion, take the time to track and blend into a crowd and pass by target and posion them without them knowing (which doesnt happen due to stun option!) should be rewarded with a clean stealthyy kill, decent points, no smack in the face or exposure to other players!. This should be the essence of the multi game and it just isnt! all the latest gameplay features encourage completely the opposite style of game play. I love the game still and adapt and enjoy it for what it is and just wish it was something better and more in keeping with the Assasins Creed stealthy gameplay.

CarnivalBox
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry shade and everyone else that have thoughts against this, but this "feedback" and "support" and all that is really, really starting to piss me off. I will NOT take my precious time to write wholeheartedly what I actually find worrying about this game, just to be ignored. The only thing I've actually heard from the devs since the RELEASE almost 3 months ago is a lousy patch that was supposed to fix some problems (most of them not even that relevant), and failed miserably. We have been told to turn to support if we experience problems, but everyone I've talked to that has talked to support says that they didn't get enough help, or any at all. Ubisoft is a such big of a [edit] for company, it's starting to get pretty [edit[ ridiculous. :mad:

IrosoMeyi186
01-23-2012, 04:38 PM

As already posted - the Dev team do have an idea of just what they can and can't alter..

Bugs and other gameplay issues, need reporting via support - as always suggested.

Just a reminder - swearing is not allowed on these forums, so please remember that. [yes I know the filter is not working at present, however that is going to change]Which is the topic. We post them and also report bugs

Do they get Fixed? No.... You just leave it the way it is and fix something else when the problem we have could be fixed in a hour or less...

massmurdera_666
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
come on, it could be waaaaaaay worse, like movie or tv show glitches. like when its supposedly raining but you can clearly see that the sky is blue and cloudless or when a movie is set during the dead of winter in like Chicago or Detroit and theres snow an **** all over the place but the people in the background are all in shorts and wife beaters. thats bad. i started noticing this when i was like 13 or 14 and my friend and his family made me go and watch the power rangers movie, i saw more gymnastic mats in that movie than the olympics. i even saw the entire film crew chilling in the background drinking coffee for like a whole minute.

i'm just saying that the glitches and bugs could be a whole lot worse "coff coff new vegas coff". i agree that there are issues but learn to adapt, work your way around the issues, isn't that why you play games? to be challenged? no game is perfect and will never be "coff skyrim", and no game company can make a perfect game or fix every little thing you think is wrong with it.

Ramalama116
01-23-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry. But when they straight up ask you to report glitches and bugs so they can fix them and then turn around and completely ignore you, I have a huge problem. And those are just minor bugs. It makes me laugh when I hear "Honorable Death" more than once after the last patch supposedly "fixed it". And how difficult is it to fix matchmaking and allow you to play with friends when they let you do it in ACB? Along with every major online multiplayer. But no. They just said "Expect to be playing with you friends by December 15th" and then nothing.

And that's not even touching gameplay. Which they also actually asked feedback for. So if you really don't care, don't even ask. But at the very least, fix the ******* glitches and bugs. And communicate with the fan base.
/applause

"Suggestions"? You make threads explicitly stating to report glitches and bugs (you know, things that are not supposed to be in the game) so the devs "have an idea of what to alter". And they are not doing that. That patch fixed minor issues, not the same ones we have been complaining about since Brotherhood. Are they just unable to do so? Do they lack the knowledge, skill, and money to fix a game they expected us to shell out $60-$200 for? The devs can put out pricey DLC but not free patches. Hmm. Shows you just what their priorities are.

@Ubisoft: If you can't fix your game just suck it up and say so instead of making it look as if you're trying to. And don't expect your unsatisfied customers to pay for additional content for a broken game. That is all.

IrosoMeyi186
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Its those "Little" Annoyances That are RUINING THE GAME. Games like Skyrim when you build a character and fight a enemy you dont die in 1 shot

In games like AC Online one false move and your dead People killing you through smoke bombs.

Smoke bombs not deploying after mashing L2/R2 Its stupid crap like that will get any one frustrated and just rage quit because Ubisoft felt like shipping off a Half assed game...

cbapiaz
01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
is just pointless.... i'm tired of this ***..... i guess we gotta live with it... live with the bugs... to be honest this is a game to test your patience... and is sure testing mine.... i havent lost it yet... so i keep on playing :(

IrosoMeyi186
01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
is just pointless.... i'm tired of this ***..... i guess we gotta live with it... live with the bugs... to be honest this is a game to test your patience... and is sure testing mine.... i havent lost it yet... so i keep on playing :(
Completely understand Its now just coming down to the point where i see ACR And i say to myself "Eh whats the point Get angry score a couple 9k games then what quit? Nah getting to repetitve for me to keep on playing Especially all the ****** bags i need to put up with." So i simply just pop BF3 Or Mass effect 2.

cbapiaz
01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Completely understand Its now just coming down to the point where i see ACR And i say to myself "Eh whats the point Get angry score a couple 9k games then what quit? Nah getting to repetitve for me to keep on playing Especially all the ****** bags i need to put up with." So i simply just pop BF3 Or Mass effect 2.
ye i know what you mean.... i still enjoy playing with friends... but then again when i play with randoms sometimes i get so got damn pissed off that i turned off my PC raging XD