PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Tombs

jcoyle_hull
01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
May Contain Spoilers for ACR.

Anyone else think it would have been far better to have the assassins tombs all the way through the series?

Maybe one or two in a game, Altair could of found the assassin who killed Alexander in AC1, Ezio could of found Altairs and his son's in AC2, in brotherhood Ezio could have found one more and then another in revelations. Of course this would of left a huge gap in AC2 but im sure this could have been filled with some other tasks or more story missions, i just think Ubisoft made a big mistake getting rid of the tombs all in one game, plus then Ezio in revelations would of been able to travel back to the Auditore mansion half way through ACR and get the best armour and a another seal maybe? Would of loved to have seen Altair's killing of Genghis Khan.

LightRey
01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
First of all, the idea of the tombs wasn't conceived yet during the development of AC1, so naturally it's not in there.
Second, ACR does have tombs. It has the Ishak Pasha tomb and the Vlad the Impaler (limited edition bonus) tomb.

TorQue1988
01-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Am i the only one who finds the tombs/lairs in ACR worse and shorter that those from AC2 and ACB?
Even though the one where you follow the boat underneath you, and the one in the lighthouse during the storm look cool, but the actual gameplay is weak and ultimately the tombs are really forgettable.

LightRey
01-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Am i the only one who finds the tombs/lairs in ACR worse and shorter that those from AC2 and ACB?
Even though the one where you follow the boat underneath you, and the one in the lighthouse during the storm look cool, but the actual gameplay is weak and ultimately the tombs are really forgettable.

I found the actual tombs to be somewhat shorter, but the seal "tombs" I thought were awesome.

GLHS
01-21-2012, 03:34 PM
They were shorter, yes, but I think it's because they're much more action-packed that the ones from AC2 and AC:B. If you notice, the only thing you're really doing in AC2 is platforming and chasing guards. Then in AC:B they added fighting to them, but it was still just mostly jumping around on stuff. Here in AC:R, they're much more action-oriented. While you're still just jumping around on stuff, it's much more fast paced and there's stuff falling around you, and things actually falling and collapsing while you're still on them. Not only did they add that, but they've also added different kinds of play mechanics, such as when Ezio falls and has to slide down and you have to keep him from hitting things. I found them much more enjoyable and they are one of my favorites things in the game. Those, and also the beginning of the game. Just gorgeous and really epic.

AntiChrist7
01-21-2012, 04:08 PM
the forum bovis is my favourite tomb, great action paced free running

crash3
01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I like Tombs but I didnt like how in ACR they were all part of the main story. It was better in AC2/ACB where just the first tomb was compulsory then the rest are optional with a satisfying reward at the end/interesting storyline going with the tombs

GLHS
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, but you have to look at it from the dev's POV and what makes sense. That's part of the central story. The tombs and the Masyaf Keys. If it were optional, that would take out about half of the story of the game from people who chose not to play through them. That's like...the entire point of the game is searching for the keys.

SixKeys
01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I thought some of the stuff they did with the tombs in ACR was interesting, they were more cinematic and I liked the varying atmospheres. With that said, some of them did feel a bit short. The Vlad the Impaler tomb that came with the special edition was a total ripoff. The tombs in AC2 are still my faves because I like platforming and they were really well designed. In ACR my favorite tombs are the ones where you have to avoid/take down guards strategically.

D.I.D.
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Yes, I agree with you. The camera showed you where to go, which was less of a challenge, and the boat one in particular was just window-dressing - hold forwards, press jump.

masterfenix2009
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I liked the tombs in AC:R because of the nice gameplay and the added plot importance of them.

De Filosoof
01-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Yes, I agree with you. The camera showed you where to go, which was less of a challenge, and the boat one in particular was just window-dressing - hold forwards, press jump.

Exactly, i don't like where they are going with the "more cinematic" stuff...
The camera angles in the tombs were just STUPID!
The tombs have to be more challenging and refreshing in every next game, not dumb it down. :S

De Filosoof
01-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I liked the tombs in AC:R because of the nice gameplay and the added plot importance of them.
I think that was one of the reasons why AC:R was shorther than the previous AC games, because the tombs weren't optional and it was implemented in the main story.
I hope AC3 will have both.... Tombs for the main story and optional tombs with their own mysterous story, like AC:2 and AC:B :)
When they only use them for main missions like finding the seals, it takes away the AC mystery....

ElDoucherino
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I like Tombs but I didnt like how in ACR they were all part of the main story. It was better in AC2/ACB where just the first tomb was compulsory then the rest are optional with a satisfying reward at the end/interesting storyline going with the tombs

Well if I am not mistaken you actually did have to find all the seals in AC2. Quite sure Rebecka stated that Ezio, in his days, wore Altairs armour at the end of AC2.

But on topic, yeah Lairs and tombs are one of my favorite parts of the games as their gameplay is different from the rest of the game. If possible, depending on the story line and probably will be as SPOILER: Desmond probably will do some puzzle solving in the Grand Temple were he's currently at, add to the experience by having several routes to the goal. Now I am talking about those press forward and jump missions (the boat sequence in revelation for example). But all in all they're as good as they can be.

SixKeys
01-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Well if I am not mistaken you actually did have to find all the seals in AC2. Quite sure Rebecka stated that Ezio, in his days, wore Altairs armour at the end of AC2.

Rebecca said that in order to receive "full sync" with Ezio, you needed to get the armor. Basically it just means if you want to get 100% in the game, you need to collect all the seals, but it is entirely possible to finish the game without Alta´r's armor.

LightRey
01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Rebecca said that in order to receive "full sync" with Ezio, you needed to get the armor. Basically it just means if you want to get 100% in the game, you need to collect all the seals, but it is entirely possible to finish the game without Alta´r's armor.

Indeed. It's no requirement at all. I know of many players that got the armor after finishing the main story.