PDA

View Full Version : Modern day assassins!!!!

Acrimonious_Nin
01-20-2012, 10:36 PM
How do you image how the modern day assassins operate? how do you think they wage war against the templars in 'this day in age'? judging by assassins creed the fall series ;and the AC saga up till now :D i would like to see your opinion on this :) thank you !

LightRey
01-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Well at the moment it seems largely about survival, as they've been hunted down by the Templars.

Acrimonious_Nin
01-20-2012, 11:17 PM
true, judging by the context of how hannah speaks the daniel in the fall as opposed to much speculation on this forum board it seem people here have this wierd notion that what we see altair and ezio doing will be expected by desmond and company o.O

nukelukespuke34
02-18-2012, 08:09 AM
I imagine they would operate a lot like spies in today's movies and TV. Lots of computers, hacking, cross-referencing names and such, hidden bugs and mics, cameras, eavesdropping, dead drops, undercover work, double agents, etc. As far as actual assassinations go, most likely they'd be using sniper rifles, C4, lethal injections, cyanide pills, poison gas, and of course, motorcycle-delivered magnetic car bombs. :)

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I imagine they would operate a lot like spies in today's movies and TV. Lots of computers, hacking, cross-referencing names and such, hidden bugs and mics, cameras, eavesdropping, dead drops, undercover work, double agents, etc. As far as actual assassinations go, most likely they'd be using sniper rifles, C4, lethal injections, cyanide pills, poison gas, and of course, motorcycle-delivered magnetic car bombs. :)

They're apparently still using (variations of) hidden blades in some instances, though they're mostly ceremonial.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Making a film about them, wondering how I should play them out to be. I'm thinking of using the blades in a Desmond way although the Generations inner arm blades are a possibility.

LightRey, with your all inspiring knowledge, please share your wisdom and opinions

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/3/3c/Ezio_Recruiting_Assassin.JPG

LightRey
02-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Making a film about them, wondering how I should play them out to be. I'm thinking of using the blades in a Desmond way although the Generations inner arm blades are a possibility.

LightRey, with your all inspiring knowledge, please share your wisdom and opinions

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/3/3c/Ezio_Recruiting_Assassin.JPG

Well there is the modern-day taser variation of the hidden blade to consider and there is the hookblade of course. Also, though there is no evidence of such a thing existing in the series, something like a hidden pistol with a silencer could be an appropriate addition too I think.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Well there is the modern-day taser variation of the hidden blade to consider and there is the hookblade of course. Also, though there is no evidence of such a thing existing in the series, something like a hidden pistol with a silencer could be an appropriate addition too I think.

Ah yes, the Shock blade. Shouldn't be too hard to rig one up out of a big rod of Plastic I have lying around and the effect could be purely CGI.

A new form of hidden gun would also be a good idea, one where the Assassin need only one hand to use it, I shall get started on the design.

Any other suggestions?
(Executive producer keeps pushing a series instead of a single film)

LightRey
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Ah yes, the Shock blade. Shouldn't be too hard to rig one up out of a big rod of Plastic I have lying around and the effect could be purely CGI.

A new form of hidden gun would also be a good idea, one where the Assassin need only one hand to use it, I shall get started on the design.

Any other suggestions?

Nothing I can think of at the moment. Except maybe the shoe variation Shao Jun was using.

rileypoole1234
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Any other suggestions?

I think a blade hidden inside a cane or walking stick would be cool. Possibly not the right for the time though.

The13Doctors
02-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I think a blade hidden inside a cane or walking stick would be cool. Possibly not the right for the time though.

Yeah a cane isn't common wear at this point in time.