PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Change Poison?

papasmurf1038
01-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Obviously there are outliers, but it seems to me that many people are dissatisfied with Poison as it's currently implemented. With that in mind, I'm curious to see how people think it should be changed! This is a thread where you can post your ideas on how to fix it.

Personally, I'd like to see Ubi extend its range to the normal kill radius, dramatically reduce the cooldown (~45 seconds), reduce the delay on kills to 3-4 seconds, and remove the point bonus altogether. My hope would be that these changes would move Poison away from its current use as a means to tack extra points onto kills and instead focus its functionality on making undetectable kills and remaining in low profile.

How would you change Poison?

najzere
01-20-2012, 03:41 AM
I think poison is fine as it is. What they should change is being able to stun your poisoner after the poison has landed. And get rid of the stun prompt.

Jack-Reacher
01-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Yeah make it like ACB, they have a short period to stun their poisoner, but then after it takes effect they cant stun you.

LadyGahan2010
01-20-2012, 04:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with poison. There's a problem with the stun prompt glowing and pulsing above my head from across the map.

Master Decoder
01-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Range, if I'm close enough to focus, I should be close enough to poison, I shouldn't have to rub my Persona's entire body against my Target's to poison them

xCr0wnedNorris
01-20-2012, 05:04 AM
I'd get rid of the ability to stun after you've been poisoned, that idea was just stupid.

Chronomancy
01-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Agreed, get rid of the stun after you have used poison.

DannyStrong
01-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Range, if I'm close enough to focus, I should be close enough to poison, I shouldn't have to rub my Persona's entire body against my Target's to poison them

the range to get a focus is actually just your kill range, which is quite large. So the poison range needs to keep being so small.

all they need to change is the stun prompt. You should still be able to stun the person during/after being poisned. just there shouldn't be the big red stun icon that gives you away. the game's interface shouldn't be identifying low profile personas to people.

if they did just that then i don't think anyone would complain about being able to get stunned after landing the poison. The only reason it happens is because of the big stun icon, usually its not because the person was being obvious.

Master Decoder
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
the range to get a focus is actually just your kill range, which is quite large. So the poison range needs to keep being so small.

all they need to change is the stun prompt. You should still be able to stun the person during/after being poisned. just there shouldn't be the big red stun icon that gives you away. the game's interface shouldn't be identifying low profile personas to people.

if they did just that then i don't think anyone would complain about being able to get stunned after landing the poison. The only reason it happens is because of the big stun icon, usually its not because the person was being obvious.

Ok, then half the kill range, I'm just tired of placing my persona against my target, and still not being able to poison them

Anykeyer
01-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Two things
1. remove ability to stun if you poisoned (just like ACB)
2. make poisoned target immune to teammates attacks (but not other templars in FFA)

Master Decoder
01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
2. make poisoned target immune to teammates attacks (but not other templars in FFA)

This

Emvidasch
01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Give it a small vertical range. I had many times where I had a target stunned on a stairs and couldn't poison him because I wasn't close enough. In reality I was bumping into him but I was either slightly higher or lower which didn't make stick. Other than that, the whole stun thing.

DannyStrong
01-20-2012, 09:38 AM
as annoying as it is to have teamates steal a poison, it's a part of the game. Poison gives a lot of points. there needs to be a risk involved. It seems silly that the risk is that youre teamates are so dumb and/or selfish that they steal your kill.. but if there isn't that then what is there? All we'd have is people poisoning each other all day on the team modes if there weren't any risk to it.

Chronomancy
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
All people do in competitive Manhunt is Poison, so I don't see your point there.

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I think poison is fine as it is. What they should change is being able to stun your poisoner after the poison has landed. And get rid of the stun prompt.

Exactly what this guy said ;) its all good apart from that! . Why should I go to all the trouble of blending, following and focus on a target, land an unseen poison! and then BOOM! they can just smack me (at random) for the whole world to see!! MAKE NO SENSE UBI!!!

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Two things

THREE things
2. Remove stun prompt! whats the point in stealthy poison if the game identifies you!!!??
3. make poisoned target immune to teammates attacks (but not other templars in FFA)

metalgearso1971
01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
* Double post, please remove *

metalgearso1971
01-20-2012, 10:07 AM

^ This. Especially the last part of this remark.

3. make poisoned target immune to teammates attacks (but not other templars in FFA)

This is actually a good idea as well.

But honestly, I'm about done with all the requests to make all things the same as they were in ACB. ACR is a different game with different mechanics people. If you don't like the way ACR handles things play ACB instead.

Chronomancy
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
^ This. Especially the last part of this remark.

Also, I'm about done with all the requests to make things the same way as they were in ACB. ACR is a different game with different mechanics people. If you don't like the way ACR handles things play ACB instead.

They won't implement 3/4 of the things people talk about on here as we are the minority.

metalgearso1971
01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
If you refer to changing the things as in ACB clearly not. I read an article on the internet some days ago where I think people from Ubi explained why things were changed. The changes they made to ACR were made deliberately, to in their own words promote more stealthy game play.

I just think you won't get very far by repeating everything over and over again. It will only annoy people to read the same stuff over and over. And it's obvious they won't change things anyway. That's just my opinion though.

Anykeyer
01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
as annoying as it is to have teamates steal a poison, it's a part of the game. Poison gives a lot of points. there needs to be a risk involved. It seems silly that the risk is that youre teamates are so dumb and/or selfish that they steal your kill.. but if there isn't that then what is there? All we'd have is people poisoning each other all day on the team modes if there weren't any risk to it.

If I use poison then I already at a disadvantage. I could use another ability to help me find and kill my targets much faster and with less hassle. And Im risking getting naked stun before administering poison because of reduced range even if I use disguise and act very stealthly, all thanks to stun prompt. There is no reason to punish me even more and promote stuff like OSB. As of now I only use poison in assassinate, killing others performing kill animation or after I stun my former pursuer.
And inability to stun right after getting poisoned is essential to team games. Because if I use poison then my nearest teammates will be forced to decide, kill poisoned target or get a stun. So I get +300 while my target can possibly get +500 (2 stuns and knock out) or more. Isnt exactly right.

IrosoMeyi186
01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Nothing leave it the way it is so i can hear more "Pros" QQ about it not being as good as it used to be

It was bad that you couldnt stun anybody when it was planted

You wanna be good with poison ? Use a crowd and abuse its mechanics

Are be the Average noob who wastes a Smoke bomb and uses poison like a scrub.

Anykeyer
01-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Hear more QQ? Do you even know what QQ is?
If you dealing with at least semi decent players then there is absolutely no way to not get a punch unless they occupied with something else (like killing someone) or you abused OSB. No matter how good you are at "crowd mechanic". This problem can be solved by removing stun prompt but in team games returning to ACB stun window is better idea. Try to "abuse crowds" in manhunt when targets have nothing else to do but wait for pursuers and see how much you will score.

TheMute88ORL
01-20-2012, 03:38 PM
yep

luckyto
01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
If you are still alive, you should be able to stun. Same for getting in a kill right before the poison kicks in or being intercepted. Every single game someone lands a poison without being detected. It's still completely possible, it's just difficult.

I'd reduce the base points for it to 150, reduce the cooldown to 75 seconds, and increase the range you can apply it. Increasing the range to apply would make it easier to poison without being detected.

Kytr
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
They need to expand the range for poison. It is and always has been too short -- all to often you will get an out of range response while you are bumping your target as you apply poison.
It would also be better if they would cut down the length of time you can stun after being poisoned -- currently they can stun for 5 seconds after being poisoned, which is a major problem with the range that the stun prompt pops up and in team games. It is very rare when a person can land a poison and avoid being stunned without OSB (unless they run away immediately).
Removing the ability for teammates to steal kills is something that I always want enacted after my poison is stolen (I would really prefer to be able to kill teammates who steal on purpose), but a bigger problem is that the system really tries to make you kill your own poison instead of the other target in the area -- drop the priority on the poisoned target and most of these problems will be taken care of.

SinsiliuxS
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Personaly I don't use poison, I'm more into stunning and getting focus bonuses, so please UBISOFT keep the ability to stun your pursuer after he have poisoned you.

SaintlPatrick
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
It's the stun prompt that "breaks" poison. I'd remove the stun prompt if the game says you're hidden. Teammates killing your poison can be avoided by playing with teammates(still waiting on that, though). Opponents stealing your poison is part of the risk/reward for using it.

deadly_thought
01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
id make it work so when you press poison they get poisoned and actually die id do the same thing with mute