PDA

View Full Version : Bit of Confusion (Spolier)

catkiller97
01-19-2012, 04:47 AM
1. Assassin's Creed Series is based on the 2012 world end,when Templars launch their satellite with the help of Piece of Eden ,but they don't have POE ,so why TWCB say surely the world will end in 2012 ?

2. They said they are advanced then human then why they can't save the World by themselves ?

3.What did Abbas father did ,so he has to do suicide in front of altair ?

SixKeys
01-19-2012, 04:56 AM
1. Assassin's Creed Series is based on the 2012 world end,when Templars launch their satellite with the help of Piece of Eden ,but they don't have POE ,so why TWCB say surely the world will end in 2012 ?

2. They said they are advanced then human then why they can't save the World by themselves ?

3.What did Abbas father did ,so he has to do suicide in front of altair ?

1. I don't think TWCB are claiming "surely" that the world will end in 2012, only that if Desmond doesn't stop the Templars, they will get their hands on a POE and bring about the end of the world. Abstergo already has clues about the Apple's whereabouts and are hunting Desmond to find out the final pieces to the puzzle. TWCB can predict what will happen IF Desmond fails in his quest.

2. If you're talking about TWCB, they're all physically dead. The messages Desmond keeps getting from them are either pre-recorded somehow or operating on a higher level of "spiritual" consciousness.

3. Can't answer this one since I haven't read "The Secret Crusade".

LightRey
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
1. Who says the end of the world has anything to do with the Templar Satellite launch? TWCB clearly don't claim it to be and they quite clearly show that it involves a solar flare and I really don't see how a satellite, even if it has a PoE, could cause such an event. Furthermore, said event happened before, during the war between the humans and TWCB. If a PoE on a satellite caused such an event, why was it there in the first place?

2. They're extinct. They can't actually do anything anymore other than predict future events and leave messages.

3. Abass' father got Alta´r's father killed.

CkSwtos
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
1. The sun will activate in a way a huge explosion like the one that happened in the video Jupiter showed Desmond.
2. What LightRey said
3. After being tortured by Templars he reveiled the identity of Altair's father who had infiltrated they templar camp the last night and killed some templars high ranked soldiers and got some info. (Abba's father was an undercoves in a templar camp that sieged Masyaf). the day that Abba's father revealed the name on Altair's father, they threatened Al mualim to exchange with Altair's father, or they would kill the "traitor". Altair's father voluntarily sacrifised himself for the shake of his friend and then they executed him. A few months later (I think) Abba's father, now fully healed from the torture, visited Altair in his chambers (altair was very youg at the moment) and after apologying for ALtair's father's death, he stabs himself with a dagger.

LightRey
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
1. It's a solar flare (basically a huge amount of plasma propelled from the sun). It happens quite often and it's what causes the Aurora Borealis, which usually only appears on the poles where the earth's magnetic field, which can deflect the plasma, is weakest. We can see the aurora in the video too. The location doesn't seem near any polar region, which suggests that either the solar flare was exceptionally strong, or the earth's magnetic field was weakened significantly.

It might be possible that a PoE could affect the earth's magnetic field, but at this point the only connection between the Templar Satellite and the End of the World seems to be the end of the Mayan calendar.

GLHS
01-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, LightRay's pretty much answered everything. The Solar flare and the satellite launch don't actually have anything to do with one another other than the time that they're taking place. TWCB are only concerned about the Solar Flare ending humanity and the same thing happening that happened before. Abstergo does not have an Apple, but if they get one (which is what Desmond was for), then they can use it to control everybody from the satellite. They're too arrogant and are convinced that they will recover the Apple from Desmond in time for their launch.

catkiller97
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Thx for reply especially @LightRey

LightRey
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Thx for reply especially @LightRey

No problem.

"I derive pleasure from clarification"

Anyone who gets that reference is awesome.

FilipinoNinja67
01-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I have not read the books but isn't there more than one PoE? And the Templars aren't launching the satellite to cause the end of the world, it seems to me that the Templars are using the satellite as an amplifying device to broadcast the PoE across the world and gaining what they've been working for for centuries... control. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what i have gotten out of the story of the games.

LightRey
01-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I have not read the books but isn't there more than one PoE? And the Templars aren't launching the satellite to cause the end of the world, it seems to me that the Templars are using the satellite as an amplifying device to broadcast the PoE across the world and gaining what they've been working for for centuries... control. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what i have gotten out of the story of the games.

There have been several PoE's. The sword, the shroud, at least one crystal skull and at least 6 apples, one of which is Alta´r's and another of which is Ezio's/Desmond's (yes, they're not the same, Alta´r is quite clear about it in ACR and why he made it seem like they were the same).

naran6142
01-21-2012, 08:12 PM
There have been several PoE's. The sword, the shroud, at least one crystal skull and at least 6 apples, one of which is Alta´r's and another of which is Ezio's/Desmond's (yes, they're not the same, Alta´r is quite clear about it in ACR and why he made it seem like they were the same).

so did altair know there was an apple on cypress? and was like "well if they find it they will think they have mine" an seeing as how his was the one with the message he didn't care about the other one?

GLHS
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
We've been through this in a few other threads too. He knew it was there but didn't find it. I've asked the question before on how the Templars from Ezio's time found it in Cypris. All that's stated is that they found out from the Codex, but they make no actual mention of it. Even if they had thought they were looking for Altair's Apple (which they were), they kinda just stumbled upon Ezio's with no real explanation on how they found it. Nobody seems to know the answer. But yeah, Apple 6 (Ezio's) definitely was in Cypris.

LightRey
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
so did altair know there was an apple on cypress? and was like "well if they find it they will think they have mine" an seeing as how his was the one with the message he didn't care about the other one?

I'm not sure, but that seems likely as it's quite the coincidence.