PDA

View Full Version : Weather Conditions - Yes or no?

stingray10
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I was thinking why not have some weather conditions within the maps? Ubisoft said there were 17 maps (hur,hur) however if weath conditions were implemented in the maps it would be amazing! I would love to see Antioch when it is raining or the Knight's hospital with thunder and lightning.

However, my favourite would have to be the idea of Galata being covered with snow. I mean what i find quite funny is how the Count has snow gear except there is no maps which require it. Turkey is hot and so is Italy relatively so it is useless.

Also, the different weather conditions could affect visibility which for me makes it more exciting for me personally and would give characters such as the Thespian and Sentinel advantages in snow or fog instead of standing out.

From Collinwood's point of view, you know when you stumble when passing through crowds, this could be used when someone jums from a higher ledge forcing them to roll or stumble from the height they are from.

Anyone agree with me?

Collinwood01
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Weather conditions would be cool if they had some kind of adverse effect like lower visibility(fog) or slipperyness(snow and rain) for those roofers and runners. I do believe Pienza had rain in Brotherhood.

Ramalama116
01-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah, since Brotherhood I've wanted to see some rain/fog/snow implemented into the locations. Whether or not it would be smart to have them as any more than aesthetic changes I'm not sure.

stingray10
01-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I've added your point to my post, good idea, thanks.

AwkwardlyBruta
01-17-2012, 10:51 PM
And now introducing Rome Dusk! Rome snow! Rome With a slight Breeze! Rome Dusk, while Rainey! and my favorite Rome with a chance of floods!

And with seven hundred new stages being added this update ya'll must be inlove with us or hopefully distracted enough to not notice matchmaking! Coming soon, the Knights hospital adds another forty seven new maps to our impressive collection!

deadly_thought
01-17-2012, 11:06 PM
galata and rome with snow good ideas no more antioch and msm maps unless its actually going to map the roof and rope slippery then were talking 8)

indulgence82
01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Weather conditions would add more complexity to an already laggy flawed game. Would I love to see roofers blown right off their perches? Constant campers who perch on roofs to miss kills because of wind blowing them away from their kill? Heck yea. But that would frustrate new players so ubi wouldn't do that since they are trying to make their multiplayer noob friendly.

TheMute88ORL
01-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Damn double post

TheMute88ORL
01-18-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm all for it but indulgence is right. Weather conditions that affect whatever (slipping, blending, line of sight, etc.) would make the game complex (which I would love) and that would be too hard for some people and they would just come up here and complain that it's difficult.

UrbanSaint
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
I love the idea of having weather effects :D

Leather_Knight
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Moron that sits on the roof the entire match gets struck by lightning, perfect!

Oh #@$& there's a storm in Venice, stay off the roofs or Zeus shall smite thee!

Ubernoober13
01-18-2012, 01:45 AM
It would be cool but when your using your turtle beaches to hear for whispers it would get annoying of a constant rain fall. It would be cool to test it out though.

Leather_Knight
01-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Pshaw! What whispers?!

Ubernoober13
01-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Pshaw! What whispers?!

In deathmatch when your pursuer is getting close to you, you will hear whispers. They are very hard to hear if you don't have a turtle beach. I sometimes don't hear them and I have one myself.

gothpunkboy89
01-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Yea they already have enough issues to fix before they even think about adding something like this.

Leather_Knight
01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I still don't understand the whispers...

AwkwardlyBruta
01-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I still don't understand the whispers...

Maybe he's crazy?
I don't think I've heard anyone talk about something like that before? :confused:

metalgearso1971
01-18-2012, 09:44 AM
I personally would love to see fog on the maps. Makes game play more intense :)

So yeah, bring it on Ubi :)

Serrachio
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
I think what they should do is have it so that maps have a weather effect built in, but not have it so that it affects the player.

For instance, Rome could have a light drizzle that happens, but that it is only randomised and doesn't always occur.

A snowy map could suddenly snow for a short period in the game mode (around a minute), but not obstruct the vision of the player.

Pienza had the thunder in the background, so it could downpour for a brief moment, and San Donato could have fog for the first minute of the session.

Chronomancy
01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Do I have to pay for them? :P

WTW26
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Playing during a thunderstorm would be awesome, as long as it didn't affect the game's performance.

HeJurm
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
That would be really cool. It should be implemented really well though, wouldnt like a half arsed result.

Collinwood01
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I think it would be funny if the lift was froze and you tried to go up it and it didnt move or if you went half way up and then slipped back down because you lost your grip or if the chase breakers got frozen shut when they closed or if you were perched on a beam and a stiff wind knocked you off. It would at least be funny to watch.

stingray10
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah i forgot to mention, it is 3 maps per dlc ;) One dlc would be called "The wet assassin" "Winter wonderland" "The Kentucky fried Assassin" and comes in at $15 each. And i plan on splitting the player base! :) YAY
*Ubisoft likes this*

S if they were to implement weather conditions, i would say to Ubisoft, yes, you can officially brand the game to have 17 maps gladly!

persiateddy95
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah i forgot to mention, it is 3 maps per dlc ;) One dlc would be called "The wet assassin" "Winter wonderland" "The Kentucky fried Assassin" and comes in at $15 each. And i plan on splitting the player base! :) YAY
*Ubisoft likes this*

S if they were to implement weather conditions, i would say to Ubisoft, yes, you can officially brand the game to have 17 maps gladly!

Win.

DannyStrong
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
If they had thunderstorms as a weather on some maps, it would be cool to do things like plan haystack assassinations, aerial kills, or leaps of faith during these times (things that might otherwise be very visible) but have the lightning make it hard to see you doing these things... Or perhaps you could use the time to activate your disguise. Or perhaps it might also be a good time just for a kill in general. it would be a very neat dynamic to work with.

I'm all for it. Just if they do it they ought to change how the map voting system works. right now it considers rome and rome - dusk as different maps. instead it should just have rome once, and if it gets voted on then the game randomly decides what time of day or weather conditions (depending on what "submaps" they have made and are available).. what happens a lot is when youre playing a game you end up playing the same map on the second match because it considers rome - dusk as a second map.

PANiC_ATTACKER
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
ibumping this as its a class idea! bring on the rain! and make those roofs slippy!!

stingray10
06-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Well maybe Ubisoft looked at this thread ;D

Archybad
06-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Well maybe Ubisoft looked at this thread ;D
As much as people say they don't listen, they do actually take a lot of ideas from the forums. I was one of the people who pushed for the new poison mechanics, and I know that a fair few other ideas were used too, even if I can't remember what they were now. xD

punkachump
06-10-2012, 02:15 AM
*Ubisoft likes this*!

HAHAHAHAH

but the snow so far in MP looks amazing, it impedes your vision a bit, which I actually like.