PDA

View Full Version : Can't kill combo for the life of me

submerciful
01-17-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm two thirds through single player and I'm still trying to get the mercenary '5 kill combo' challenge but I can't do it at all because either someone stabs me before I can chain the next person or (more often now) I click on another person during the first execution but all I do is a normal attack. I swear kill chaining was much easier in brotherhood/on consoles.

When exactly do I click during the kill animation in order to continue the kill chain? Or is there an easier way to do this?

DarthDeva
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I still haven't completed this challenge. According to the guide, the kill streak is a pure streak so no counter but only successive 1-hit kills. And with all janissaries around after sequence 4, it's better to go back before this to complete the challenge. I have been able to get some of the streaks, but not yet completed since I haven't played ACR in a while

Locopells
01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Replay the memory whrer you need to retrive a package from a ship that's been impounded in the port. Run stright forward and through the first 4 guards, then head left to the next exit where there are more gurads around. When they've all gathered around you (and there's no elite guards that inturrupt the kill chain), wait for the first one to attack and counter, then press the movment keys in the direction of the next guard and click to do the one-hit. Repeat X 3 and presto! You should have enough guards to do this a couple of times.

The other way is, while the attack counter is in progress, press and HOLD the movment keys in the direction of the next guard and HOLD the attack button, and Ezio will then kill two guards at once using the hidden gun.

submerciful
01-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Well I found out what I was doing wrong - I didn't know you had to hold the movement butons. /facepalm

And janissaries/other elites after sequence 4 are still somewhat rare on my end.

Drengor
10-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm having a different problem. The only challenge I haven't completed is two bomb-making challenges, and this merc kill-combo. I was in underworld last night, and chained up to 7 a couple times, but it still wasn't giving me credit, even when the last kill wasn't on one of the guards who chickened out after seeing several of his buddies die. I'm at a loss as to why it won't update.

Drengor
10-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Searching on the internet provided some information... apparently you can only get credit while in the main city, not in cappodocia, or any cisterns, or Altair memories. Which means the 100s of templars I killed in the underground and the first cistern working on this died for no reason. :P