PDA

View Full Version : Bring the officer back from ACB...

cbapiaz
01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I really liked the officer, was one of my favorite characters, altough there are pretty cool characters in ACR, no one is like the officer. Would be cool if they feature som DLC with all the old characters from ACB back into ACR, yes i know they bringed the courtesan and the doctor... but what about all the others?? if they release a dlc with this content i'll certainly bough it, and it would be worth my money not like some worthless dlc with recicled maps....

so what do you think?

Chronomancy
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Na, for me stuff in ACB should stay in ACB.

persiateddy95
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Doesn't change much to me, I only play ACB.

Chronomancy
01-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Doesn't change much to me, I only play ACB.

Good don't come to ACR.

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
There are a lot of players with their own favourite characters, but the real problem is how they can be implemented and regain some individuality. I would like the Officer to return, amongst all the ACB characters, but only if he would be completely re-designed like the Ottoman Doctor and Ottoman Jester, and if his animations were based on the sword weapon.

They would also need a new identity (Seeing as the Otto Doctor and Jester are "Seraffo" and "Dulcamara"), which might be a little hard for some characters while still explaining their resemblance to their ACB counterparts.

obliviondoll
01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/gaming/upload/2011/11/assassinscreedrevelations_dlc.jpg
Corsair killed him, stole his coat, and dyed it green.

Obviously.

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Well, Abstergo can resurrect him and sent him after that harlot. :p

cbapiaz
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/gaming/upload/2011/11/assassinscreedrevelations_dlc.jpg

Obviously.
lolz... ye you have a point there XD, i actually like her in acr, she is cool.

Shao_Jun
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree with this, all characters from ye old games should carry over to the new.

XxKillaChaosxX
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree with this, all characters from ye old games should carry over to the new.

Not with current generic animation system they shouldn't. The prowler and the smuggler wouldn't work at all and all the uniqueness of the other ACB characters would be gone.

DannyStrong
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm not a big fan of seeing any acb characters or maps in acr. acr has a different setting. it doesnt make sense that the settings and personas should be mixed up.

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm not a big fan of seeing any acb characters or maps in acr. acr has a different setting. it doesnt make sense that the settings and personas should be mixed up.

Well, they've already gone and done it with the Courtesan and the Knight, who quite rightly shouldn't even have been brought back considering that they weren't really that appealing. I would have much preferred the Hellequin to return, considering the Jester is in there, and that the Knight was changed for a character who wasn't armor-clad, considering there is already the Gladiator and the Crusader.

In my opinion, the only real worthwhile characters to return would either be the Officer, Footpad, Engineer, Mercenary, Pariah or Captain for the guys, and the Dama Rossa, Thief or Hellequin for the girls.

persiateddy95
01-16-2012, 11:24 PM
For the girls? As far as I know I use female characters most of the time. :|

Courtesan was great to be back. I used her a lot as most other characters. Pretty much loved them all.

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 11:26 PM
For the girls? As far as I know I use female characters most of the time. :|

Courtesan was great to be back. I used her a lot as most other characters. Pretty much loved them all.

To be quite honest, the Courtesan is not sexy. Her design looks as if they've tried so hard to normalise her that she's not much to look at aside from her face.

persiateddy95
01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Her level 50 costume in ACB was great. I loved the way she ran, so fast and powerful. =3 Plus her kill animations are awesome.

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I think that her robes cover her up too much, and combined with her shirt, she isn't as flattering as she could have been.

Also, a jumbled mix of pink, black, blue and white is too many colours in one outfit.

persiateddy95
01-16-2012, 11:36 PM
She was still perfect for me. And the purpose was not to make her look like a ***** so you could look at her body parts. ;D

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 11:40 PM
She was still perfect for me. And the purpose was not to make her look like a ***** so you could look at her body parts. ;D

That's the thing though, she was a *****, her profession and all y'know.

To take that fact in mind and then not flatter her body with her clothes is kinda destroying the point in her.

To make this clear though, when it comes to ACB, she's practically near perfect when it comes to the dress style. The only problem with ACB Courtesan is that her Elite Gear has an ugly pink stripe down her lower robes, which could have been a stripe of a floral pattern instead. Also, they could have accomodated the blue a little better in her clothes as well, while making her sleeves a little less frilly.

ACR Courtesan on the other hand is an eyesore, because she's so out of sync with the Turkish style. If you placed her in an outfit similar to the Trickster's third top and kept her in pink, she would be a lot more prettier. Also, if her outfit was made of a more silken like material, that would be flattering too.

persiateddy95
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
But she didn't have to look like one all the time. Or at least so "clotheless".

Serrachio
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Then again, her outfit should cater more to her role and title, seeing as it's what she's supposed to be in the Animus for.

IIVeterano
01-17-2012, 02:50 AM
See, here is what ubi stuffed up with the customization
The Champion and Trickster are complete perfect, only proplem is to expand on both of their hairs like champion can have war helmet while Trickster different hair styles not different things on head

If they made the four ACB characters customizable then the characters will become more played,people will want to get any other ACB characters that they release
Come on Ubi is it that hard to think of different designs for characters that you have already thought of, The courtesan is a ***** surely you dont see every single ***** in the 16th Century wearing that same costume, Look at the trickster and she what you can put on the courtesan

Another thing is the kill animations, why couldn't of you just get the kill animations from brotherhood and why doesn't the jester have two daggers well "WE WERE TO DUMB TO THING OF DOING THAT AND THE JESTER HAS A DAGGER SO HIS IS THE SAME AS THE THESPIAN AND TRICKSTER AND HAS TO HAVE THE SAME KILL" this has gone to far ubi
you have rushed this game and you'll make a even worst job of the next so i recommend to listen to these fans and actually "LISTEN" not just make a raffle and pull out 5 random ideas, you read all of it and you make your descision about how to fix ACR and how to make AC3

that is all for now
it is just a shame that ubi has other series that are sucessful and they let AC fall in what could of been an excellent and massively played series that could of last for years but in this direction AC3 might be the last of its c=kind

xCr0wnedNorris
01-17-2012, 02:58 AM
That's the thing though, she was a *****, her profession and all y'know.

To take that fact in mind and then not flatter her body with her clothes is kinda destroying the point in her.

The thing is, courtesans back in those days didn't dress sexy, they actually dressed normally. (For their time period)

Rankya_94
01-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Another thing is the kill animations, why couldn't of you just get the kill animations from brotherhood and why doesn't the jester have two daggers

Yeah this one of my concerns. I think the Jester should've carried the Harlequins kill animations, but that's just me, instead of giving him the other animations that are being used.
Same with the Courtesan, her fan kills/acts like a dagger, in all her kill animations but 2.

Ubisoft best be lazy.

Serrachio
01-17-2012, 04:18 AM
The thing is, courtesans back in those days didn't dress sexy, they actually dressed normally. (For their time period)

Actually, courtesans had to dress a certain way in order to distinguish themselves from amongst the rest of society. It is explained in the Database article for courtesans in AC2.

To move onto Veterano's point, I wouldn't say that the Champion was perfect. I still think that his second leg piece (unsure) has too long a leather skirt-thing, and that his third top is too bulky with the chainmail. Also, I would like it very much if they gave him a cape that didn't look so ragged, and that the cloth physics on one of them be fixed. Also, his cape with the leather shoulders needs to mix a little better with the other customization pieces.

Lethalla
01-17-2012, 05:44 AM

Obviously.

Of course she didn't!

SHE'S HIS WOMAN. So they're going to dress alike. :p

But, on the main question of the topic, as a fangirl I've been calling for Teodor's return since before ACR was released. To those who've said, "leave ACB stuff in ACB" - in ACR we've got ACB maps, a couple of characters, most of the abilities and perks. So why NOT more of the characters? I'd pay for them in DLC.
And to those who said, "Yes, but he should have different clothing" - I'd personally prefer if he had the same gear and kill moves. His overhand lunge kill was awesome.

Rannakor
01-17-2012, 06:38 AM
The courtesan on ACR scares me. She is literally like a doll :> Look at her face.. she doesn't blink.. at all.. or makes facial expressions... but everyone else does.. tis creepy D:

Limed_-
01-17-2012, 08:32 AM
lolz... ye you have a point there XD, i actually like her in acr, she is cool.
What? this character is horrible..
The way she dresses makes her worse than the courtesan, and the kill animations are unrealistic and make me want to punch a kitten.

IIVeterano
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Just feel like going to ubi and bashing the person who created these proplems but that would mean beating the people who let the ideas into the full game and I dont think my hands are as strong as the Champions

I dont no why i kept posting this because I dont think ubi looks at it
they're probably sit some were in they building reading all the good feedback without the thought of see this forum and all of its bad feedback
that's probably why they made these forums to let all of our words rot in this forum

and if you are there ubi, what is holding you back from fixing this series
just give us a sign that you actually care what we have to say
please.....