PDA

View Full Version : Question: was this lag or not?

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I can't recall if I already posted this here because it happened prior to the forum migration, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on something I witnessed.

I was playing and all of a sudden I heard the sound of the Animus Hack as if it was being used (it wasn't an Animus hack though), I then got killed by an invisible man and heard laughing afterwards. Now this could have been lag, but I saw it happen to other players in the same session as well (the getting killed by an invisible player part).

Was this lag? Or something else?

Nyxseris
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Probably lag.

I've seen players killed by invisible people, and it happened to me one time. I'm pretty sure I laughed when I saw it :)
I've also seen it in a gameplay video on youtube (can't remember which one now) but yeah I always put it down to pretty severe lag.

metalgearso1971
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Alright. Thanks for the info :)

obliviondoll
01-16-2012, 03:50 PM
ACB had an invisible player glitch as well. It would only, or almost only, happen in laggy games.

Squiiddish used to have a video (not sure if he still does) where he showed it off from the perspective of the invisible person's teammate in Alliance, and there was a random NPC who nobody could do anything to that had his teammate's name over it, while the ACTUAL player was running around killing and being invisible and stuff. I think it was with SHENMUE36.

BigUrn
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I used to get stunned by invisible players all the time in ACB. I think its only happend to me like two times on ACR. Very annoying. Could people do this on purpose or is it just a random event that happens?

Chronomaancy
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol, none of these bugs will EVER come even close to beating my bug...

Well lets just say I fell through the game.